Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rambo (spoilers)
Rambo (spoilers)
2008-02-27, 7:35 AM #1
I know it's been out for a while, but I just saw it last night, and I couldn't find a thread about it (except the ones that had trailers posted). Anyone see it? What did you think?

I felt the plot was pretty bland (Rambo gets roped into a situation he didn't want to be a part of, kills everybody), but I guess that's pretty much the Rambo formula. What I really liked, though, was the way Stallone played the character. He's still the same old, tough as nails, jaded hero, but more world weary. I think Stallone's aging and life experiences have helped him portray the character closer to as intended. I really got a "First Blood" vibe at times. All in all, I enjoyed it, and I think it was a much better end to the series than Rambo III. Also, awesome special effects. Bravo.
2008-02-27, 9:12 AM #2
It dripped manliness.
2008-02-27, 9:13 AM #3
and steroids
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-02-27, 1:33 PM #4
He fired a lot more shots with the 0.50 HMG than I ever did. A lot.

It was a good movie, and fits nicely in the company of the three older Rambo films, like Aglar said.

Edit: It's also good he returned to the USA. It's not like there would have been anybody left to shoot in Burma, should there ever be Rambo V.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2008-02-27, 1:55 PM #5
Haha, funny you should mention the possibility of Rambo V.
Originally posted by Stallone:
"Lionsgate jumped the gun on this. I just was thinking that the title John Rambo was derivative of Rocky Balboa and might give people the idea that this is the last Rambo film, and I don't necessarily feel that it will be. He's not an athlete, there's no reason he can't continue onto another adventure. Like John Wayne with The Searchers."

Just saw that today.
2008-02-27, 2:17 PM #6
They don't want to release it here... the same thing happened with Rocky Balboa. They release weeks after. Only those movies.
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!