Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Astrology
Astrology
2008-02-27, 11:14 AM #1
Now, one of my friennds didn't know who Bill Nye was. So I looked up "Bill Nye" on youtube and showed her a few clips. One of first few on the list happened to be about astrology, seen here:

Which brings the question up which sign we were, and if it was the original way, or the new way (where Bill Nye points out the sun rises a sign off from the original).

Both of us decided it we fit better the old way.

So Massassi, what about you guys?
2008-02-27, 11:31 AM #2
Cancer... but I think astrology in terms of horoscopes and whatnot is a joke.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-02-27, 11:37 AM #3
Needs more Ophiuchus
Stuff
2008-02-27, 12:17 PM #4
Virgo myself.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2008-02-27, 12:20 PM #5
Aries.

Not like it affects anything in the slightest.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-02-27, 12:25 PM #6
I can't see the clip (I'm at school - yay! Massassi is unblocked again), but if it's the one I'm thinking of, is it the one where he says your TV is exerting more force on you than even the nearest of the stars in the constellation?

Me <3 Bill Nye
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-02-27, 12:30 PM #7
Holy crap Bill Nye is so awesome.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-02-27, 12:41 PM #8
Go aquarius.
nope.
2008-02-27, 2:44 PM #9
Cancer, and no. I'm an atheist to it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-02-27, 2:44 PM #10
Astrology?

More like stupidology.
2008-02-27, 3:00 PM #11
The problem with astrology seems to mostly be astrologers. Now, when they give some psuedo-scientific explanation, I can't believe them, because I know some things about psuedo-science. If they just said it was magic, well, that I could give them, because I know nothing at all about magic.
2008-02-27, 4:03 PM #12
Bill nye is the greates guy who ever baked a pie.
2008-02-27, 4:37 PM #13
That clip must have been from one of the "grown-up" shows they produced. They made 2 or 3, didn't they?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-02-27, 5:43 PM #14
There was an entire season of "The Eyes of Nye," which is what this clip is from.
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-02-27, 5:46 PM #15
BobTheMasher, fishstickz, SiliconC, Spork, and Zecks are all the cool kids.

People tell me I fit my sign to a T (passionate, hot-headed, stubborn).

Meh
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-02-28, 2:38 AM #16
my ex's mum bought him a little teddy bear that was holding a sign that said "Cancer". after an incredibly awkward silence during which he thought she'd gone insane and was trying to break some bad news to him, he remembered it was his star sign.

I love that story.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-02-28, 4:16 AM #17
I checked what Aries is supposedly.

Quote:
Self-confident, courageous, impatient, impulsive, enthusiastic, having initiative, a leader, opinionated, forceful, irritable and straightforward.

I don't think so, Tim.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-02-28, 5:28 AM #18
this poll is worthless without a joke "Ophiuchus" option.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2008-02-28, 12:03 PM #19
Originally posted by maevie:
my ex's mum bought him a little teddy bear that was holding a sign that said "Cancer". after an incredibly awkward silence during which he thought she'd gone insane and was trying to break some bad news to him, he remembered it was his star sign.

You owe me a new cup of coffee.

I think I'm going to start selling teddy bears with STIs on signs...
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-02-28, 12:10 PM #20
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
BobTheMasher, fishstickz, SiliconC, Spork, and Zecks are all the cool kids.

People tell me I fit my sign to a T (passionate, hot-headed, stubborn).

Meh

Correct!
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!