Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Terminator 4 release date confirmed
Terminator 4 release date confirmed
2008-02-28, 12:14 AM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7266714.stm

Also confirms Christian Bale as John Connor.

BATMAN SAVES THE FUTURE, MORTALS!!

(Hooray for not Arnie! :neckbeard:)
2008-02-28, 12:18 AM #2
... what

Wow. I have no excitement or disapproval over this. This should be interesting.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-02-28, 12:19 AM #3
If it acknowledges Terminator 3's existence at all this will suck.

If it isn't going to suck they should have called it Terminator 3: Pretend the other one didn't happen
2008-02-28, 1:14 AM #4
what??? christian bale? hes great but thats just idiocy. the guy from terminator 3 i think was a perfect john conner.
Take that there and put it in here
2008-02-28, 1:23 AM #5
Er, yeah, I'm confused. I actually kind of liked T3's ending. It was setting things up to be very epic. They better not ruin this.

Edit: Oh wait, choosing a new actor would make some sense if it were years in the future.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-02-28, 6:57 AM #6
So, are they planning any major action movies without Christian Bale in the next 20 years?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-02-28, 7:35 AM #7
Originally posted by Martyn:
(Hooray for not Arnie! :neckbeard:)

What kind of Terminator fan are you?

I can definitely see Christian Bale playing an older John Conner.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-02-28, 7:44 AM #8
Quote:
The film will open against family film Night at the Museum II: Escape From the Smithsonian - the sequel to the 2006 film starring Ben Stiller as a night security guard who realises the exhibits where he works come to life when the sun goes down

good to know!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-02-28, 8:36 AM #9
Originally posted by Wolfy:
So, are they planning any major action movies without Christian Bale in the next 20 years?

No. Christian Bale is the ****.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-02-28, 8:45 AM #10
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
What kind of Terminator fan are you?

One that thought he should've quit while he was ahead at T2...

But seriously, I am REALLY looking forward to this: I'm a great fan of the series (films and the serial that's just hit the UK) and I also think Christian Bale in a second Terminator Trilogy sounds like music to my ears.

Bring on the dark....
2008-02-28, 9:41 AM #11
If Arnold isn't in this, it will undoubtedly suck.
2008-02-28, 10:27 AM #12
I liked how T3 ended the series without messing up the timeline that much.

The director for T4 has no good films under his belt. Sure, it has Christian Bale, but one good actor doesn't make a good movie - especially when the director blows.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-02-28, 10:52 AM #13
And seriously, what the hell kind of name is McG?
2008-02-28, 12:00 PM #14
I can't see this going by without at least an Arnie cameo. His likeness has to show up in a terminator factory or something.
2008-02-28, 2:54 PM #15
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
I liked how T3 ended the series without messing up the timeline that much.

Besides basically acknowledging that Terminator 2 meant absolute **** and nothing that occurred in it mattered?
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-02-28, 2:56 PM #16
Sure, if you want to view it that way. But the events in T2 were reflected in T3 in what John became as a person and how the Terminator in the future was able to assassinate him.
2008-02-28, 3:57 PM #17
I still don't understand why Edward Furlong who played John Connor in T2 wasn't John Connor in T3 he'd have been the right age. He should also be in T4.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2008-02-28, 4:16 PM #18
According to Wikipedia:
Originally posted by Wikipedia:
Furlong was reportedly not asked to reprise his role as John Connor in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines sequel due to a substance abuse problem. In a 2006 interview, Furlong acknowledged struggling with cocaine and heroin addiction earlier in his career, but stated he had been sober for four years.

That would kind of make sense. T3 came out in 2003, but casting would have been at least 2002 (no idea how long it really takes), so that was probably the case.
2008-02-28, 4:23 PM #19
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
I still don't understand why Edward Furlong who played John Connor in T2 wasn't John Connor in T3 he'd have been the right age. He should also be in T4.

Because he has a baby face.

I swear, they are going to Highlander the franchise. Too bad.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-02-28, 4:23 PM #20
Furlong also isn't that great of an actor.
2008-02-28, 4:32 PM #21
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Furlong also isn't that great of an actor.

He did do a good job of playing a whiney kid in T2 though. I think it was on TACC years ago that some kid seemed to have an almost religious admiration of Furlong and his version of John Conner.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-02-28, 4:46 PM #22
Maybe there will be some gun kata action against the terminators? Either way, another blockbuster that will be released on my birthday next year.
2008-02-28, 4:54 PM #23
Originally posted by mb:
Quote:
The film will open against family film Night at the Museum II: Escape From the Smithsonian - the sequel to the 2006 film starring Ben Stiller as a night security guard who realises the exhibits where he works come to life when the sun goes down
good to know!

Enough people actually watched that movie to justify a sequel?
2008-02-28, 5:42 PM #24
Night at the Museum was a good movie and I am now more excited for its sequel than Terminator 4.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-02-28, 6:02 PM #25
I've meant to see that actually ever since I found out Dick Van Dykes in it.
nope.
2008-02-28, 9:30 PM #26
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Besides basically acknowledging that Terminator 2 meant absolute **** and nothing that occurred in it mattered?

Terminator 2, by it's own existance justifies a sequel.

If everything needed to create skynet had actually been destroyed, continuity would have changed at the end of the movie. Infact, none of the movie would have ever happened.

Terminator three still sucked though.

God what a horrible piece of crap.
2008-02-29, 5:13 AM #27
I enjoyed the start of T3, and the end. The 90 minutes in the middle was a poor showing though...

↑ Up to the top!