Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → who here is a regular visitor of a website that has a very small number of regulars
who here is a regular visitor of a website that has a very small number of regulars
2008-02-28, 5:15 AM #1
basicly, I want to know who here has remained loyal to a website despite the fact that said website has only a few people who regularly post.

for me, it is the major english language website for the monster rancher franchise, monster rancher metropolis. I am pretty much the only person there who is in the european region that posts frequently there, and the only MR game that was released here (monster rancher 2) still has many things to be discovered for our version (I personaly have found about 4 rare monsters, including moo, who was a real pain for the american verison to find the correct pressing of its cd).

I have also been playing the recent DS monster farm (the japanese name of the franchise) game, and am trying to play the monster farm MMO, but the recent open beta is japanese IP only, and even while using a proper proxy program, the game still doesnt want to load up. :sad:

If i had to guess, there are probably only around 10 people that are regulars at any one time, and I am probably the member that has been with the site for the longest time that is not an admin that still posts (as most of the people that did the older games are long gone from the site)

So, who here is a dedicated member of a site that most people would consider dead due to a very small number of members?

and yes, I am in fact very tired and very bored.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2008-02-28, 5:35 AM #2
here?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-02-28, 5:42 AM #3
I'm a member of a forum that started off as a splinter group from lancersreactor (a website based initially upon Starlancer and then upon Freelancer).

A few of the moderators there turned on several of the long term members, even sending ridiculously abusive emails. Then the other mods either stayed quiet or banded together to back up the guys abusing their position. It created an exodus to a forum on an invite only basis and even after things settled out it remained a safe haven for chatting with old friends and being able to talk about politics and religion (which was banned at the old site).
I think lancersreactor is no more, so I guess we're the last remnants of that community in one place. There's mainly about a dozen frequent posters left.
2008-02-28, 6:47 AM #4
Originally posted by mb:
here?

yeah, i'm pretty sure we all are
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-02-28, 6:51 AM #5
Yep. Here.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-02-28, 7:39 AM #6
I post on a manga scanlation group's forum. It's rarely ever active, but I go there for the releases (even though they're slow). I know one of the guys that is part of the team from high school, so that's how I found it.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-02-28, 7:42 AM #7
Hi, welcome to Massassi.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-02-28, 8:50 AM #8
Yea [url]www.xwaupgrade.com[/url]

still waiting for the project to be finished hehe
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2008-02-28, 11:40 AM #9
you could say here...
i read most everything... i just rarely post
yay for not posting much ever
2008-02-28, 11:46 AM #10
This site, and my school's CS forum. Despite being open to all students, there are probably less than 20 who post on a regular basis, and most of them graduate within the next year. I have no idea what's going to happen to it when we do. You'd think geeks would want to use a common forum for school.
2008-02-28, 5:19 PM #11
Here.
2008-02-28, 5:20 PM #12
Originally posted by Andrew L:
Yea [url]www.xwaupgrade.com[/url]

still waiting for the project to be finished hehe

Hows the XWAup going anyway?
The new Defiance just doesn't look... right.
Too blocky you might say.
2008-02-28, 5:30 PM #13
Massassi is dumb and I denounce it.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-02-28, 5:35 PM #14
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Massassi is dumb and I denounce it.

Mostly. Except by massassi it mostly means alpha, free, sajn, te, and gold. But at least gold can be funny. And free when he's angry. He kinda sounds like his mother when he's angry...only less sexual and more violent.
D E A T H
2008-02-28, 5:37 PM #15
more free's mom haiku

free's mom was real loose
then i tried a donkey punch
that is much better
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-02-28, 5:39 PM #16
Free's mother was hot
Then we ****ed in cold water
Now she's really not
D E A T H
2008-02-28, 6:01 PM #17
There once was a guy named Freelancer
whose mother was my prayers' answer
till I found she was diseased
with twelve STDs
then I said "naw, I don't want to chance 'er"
Stuff
2008-02-28, 7:19 PM #18
kyle wins
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-02-28, 7:21 PM #19
Massassi, DF-21.net

2008-02-28, 8:02 PM #20
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Hows the XWAup going anyway?
The new Defiance just doesn't look... right.
Too blocky you might say.

slow I guess.. lol but the Liberty should be out soon since they were both being worked on at the same time and it looks impressive!

alot of the old members are gone or post once a month :ninja:
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2008-02-28, 10:31 PM #21
As far as OP, adding to the chorus of "here".

Also, what's with the "Free's mom" meme?

I mean, apart from just pissing him off.
2008-02-28, 10:36 PM #22
Originally posted by Andrew L:
slow I guess.. lol but the Liberty should be out soon since they were both being worked on at the same time and it looks impressive!

alot of the old members are gone or post once a month :ninja:

They damn well better get the liberty done soon.
Thats the only ship i really care about, Should have been top priority.. Instead we get containers.
2008-02-28, 10:37 PM #23
not me
2008-02-28, 10:57 PM #24
I don't visit any forums
2008-02-28, 11:57 PM #25
only this place. but I much prefer forums with a small number of regular posters. I joined a few others over the years and just couldn't deal with getting responses from dozens of names I didn't recognise. I don't like the complete anonymity afforded by a large membership.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-02-29, 12:03 AM #26
I've visited about a dozen of rather small forums for 4-5 years now, with different nicknames on each forum (sometimes several) and an unique FGR Internet Personality v. 3.85 per "bulletin board" as well. Sometimes several.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-02-29, 8:55 AM #27
[url]www.map-review.com[/url]

It use to be big, then servers got a hit. Once back up (months later), everyone left.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-02-29, 9:00 AM #28
digg.com

↑ Up to the top!