Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you ever got a test in which all the answers were C...
If you ever got a test in which all the answers were C...
2004-08-04, 12:15 PM #1
...would you go through this test (a multiple choice bubble sheet) like a normal one? Let's say it is a somewhat big 100 point test, the content you have studied, and so far you see the pattern of letter C answer. Would you be confused/worried/angered or OK about such an odd occurance?

Personally, I wouldn't be happy. If that would happen, I would spend much time reviewing the answers that were lined up on the bubble scan sheet. And maybe question what I have really remembered and studied. I assume many people might somewhat or greatly freak out if all the answer were C, even if they studied. Thoughts?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-04, 12:20 PM #2
I usually try to ignore patterns. I just answer it if I know it, and move on. The only time I come back to one after I'm finished is if I was unsure about the answer or just plain guessed.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-04, 12:25 PM #3
Yah, I would just try to ignore it. I have had teachers that put patterns on with the intention of throwing you off. But you can get back at them. On the left side of the sheet is usually a series of black lines that tell the marking machine where to stop and read across. The thick one at the top tell it where to start moving downwards. Simply white-out this line, or draw in another thick one right under it. The machine will spit it out without marking it, then the teacher will have to do it by hand.

*WARNING* With some teachers, they will just give you a 0 for doing this.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-08-04, 12:32 PM #4
Bah, in England we have very few multiple choice exams. I had general studies A-level with it in (and it was a glorified pub quiz), and also physics - which was refreshing.

Other than that, all my exams have been/will be long answered questions.

FYI I've studies Maths, Physics, Further Maths, History and General Studies at A-level, and am doing a Masters in Civil Engineering. (start my final yr in october)

And I want more multiple choice, if only because at least if I don't know I can guess and at least *hope* to get the right answer by dumb luck. It would make me feel better. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-04, 1:23 PM #5
I've had a couple of multiple choice exams at uni, in both cases you got 4 marks for a correct answer and lost 2 for an incorrect answer.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-04, 1:27 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
I've had a couple of multiple choice exams at uni, in both cases you got 4 marks for a correct answer and lost 2 for an incorrect answer.</font>

And zero for blank?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-04, 1:34 PM #7
indeedy
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-04, 1:46 PM #8
Yeah, we had +3 and -1 in my first year java midterm test I think. But I've hardly ever done multiple choice. Except maybe the Yellis Test (any other Brits do that?)

But yeah, noticing a pattern like that would seriously freak me out and make me question all my answers. However, seeing as I never do any work, I'm always questioning my answers...

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-08-04, 1:47 PM #9
What's a Yellis test when it's at home? I've not come across one!

------------------
2004-08-04, 4:24 PM #10
The Pattern this get me all the time, I hate it.

I had one test that went: A,A,B,B,C,C,D,D,A,A,B,BB -ect. thorugh almost the whole test.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-04, 4:28 PM #11
I have more fun racing the bubbles: A's in the lead, ouuh C just took the lead, poor B, back all alone at the starting line

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-04, 4:31 PM #12
I once had a test where every answer was A. I got so paranoid I changed some purposly, even though I THOUGHT I knew it...I hate when Idouble check answers I always contradict myself...

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-04, 8:05 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Genki:
I have more fun racing the bubbles: A's in the lead, ouuh C just took the lead, poor B, back all alone at the starting line

</font>

LOL I would do that too, and if I felt one of the letters was 'too far in the lead' I'd begin to question whether or not the answers were right.

I HATE when more than 3 questions have the same letter answer in a row, or when I start getting answers in an a,b,c,d order, or d,c,b,a order, but the worst, is when the orde is a,b,c,d,[d,]b,c,b,a I hate that.

I have a tendancy to contradict myself enough as it is, I don't need patterns making it worse.

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192
E-Mail: FCTuner04--//[at]\\--gmail--//[dot]\\--com

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite
2004-08-04, 8:09 PM #14
Usually I just go through the questions, fill in what I know or feel comfortable with, then go back and try and figure out the remaining. By habit I usually scan my answers for some sort of pattern, though I don't think I really expect there to be one. So, yes, I would probably try to ignore it.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-08-04, 8:36 PM #15
One time on my Biology final, I skipped the answers I didn't know. Because we didn't LOSE points for an incorrect answer, I tried to figure out a pattern. I guessed the answers without going back and looking at the question. Didn't work.

(Still did well on it, by the way. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] )
2004-08-05, 12:24 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:
What's a Yellis test when it's at home? I've not come across one!

</font>

YEar 11 Information System

Some standardised test thing we had to do pre-GCSE

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-08-05, 12:29 AM #17
Never known anyone even speak of it - I'll check with my mates from uni when i get back if their schools made them sit it - I'm intrigued! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-08-05, 12:46 AM #18
We didn't get the Yellis, but I've just finished Year 11. And as for multiple choice? My science separate-award module papers. Three a time, three each, and retakes. It was a doddle.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.

[This message has been edited by - Tony - (edited August 05, 2004).]
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-05, 4:56 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi Legend:
One time on my Biology final, I skipped the answers I didn't know. Because we didn't LOSE points for an incorrect answer, I tried to figure out a pattern. I guessed the answers without going back and looking at the question. Didn't work.

(Still did well on it, by the way. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] )
</font>

My biology final was EASY. Got a 95 on that sucker.

Then again, my biology CLASS was easy. I mean easier than pie is good tasting. That's pretty easy.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-05, 4:58 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you ever got a test in which all the answers were C...</font>

And just imagine if it were a written examination.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-05, 12:26 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
YEar 11 Information System

Some standardised test thing we had to do pre-GCSE

</font>

Just finished my GCSEs, never did one... I think.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-05, 1:05 PM #22
If all the answers were C, I'd have to go back and check everything jsut to be sure.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-05, 1:18 PM #23
Just do like I do, fill in the blanks:

A , C , D , C , A, C, D , C , A , C , D , C... haha.. Beavis & Butthead style.

------------------
Member of the Minnessassian Council

↑ Up to the top!