Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → King of Fighters XII
King of Fighters XII
2008-03-04, 5:35 AM #1
eee

[Note: If you're not into 2D fighters, you'd look kind of stupid posting in a thread about 2D fighters, wouldn't you?]

I am more than excited. Modeled animations converted to 2D and drawn over line by line to make some of the most fluid, beautiful, and smooth graphics in any 2D fighter to date. I am wholly excited for the next installment of my most favorite fighter.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-04, 5:39 AM #2
That doesn't sound like a good way to make the animations at all. And it doesn't guarantee fluidity either. It sounds more like it'd just take all the charm out of the 2d stuff.
2008-03-04, 5:51 AM #3
Wow, that looked very much not smooth at all.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-04, 6:11 AM #4
Originally posted by Emon:
Wow, that looked very much not smooth at all.

Agreed. Cool/unique idea, but it ended up looking very meh.

EDIT: And apart from the line style, I don't think it captured a 2D hand drawn look at all. The beauty of hand drawn animation is the motion/exaggeration/etc., which seems nonexistent in the animations they used as their base.
2008-03-04, 7:22 AM #5
I'm more interested in the upcoming Street fighter IV
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-03-04, 4:36 PM #6
But it's 2D graphics in HD......then again we'll be seeing that with Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD for X-Box Live and PlayStation Network too.
2008-03-04, 4:49 PM #7
2D isn't immediately bad.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-04, 4:50 PM #8
Sorry but Brawl trumps this. 3D fighter on a 2D plane ftw. :D
2008-03-04, 5:11 PM #9
CMs right, tekken 2 was awesome.
nope.
2008-03-04, 6:02 PM #10
Geez, you people sure are critics. Admittedly, I was hoping to have seen something sketchier or the like, but it's still aesthetically neat. I'm assured more and more that moving away from visual arts was a good idea.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

↑ Up to the top!