Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Favre retires!
Favre retires!
2008-03-04, 10:33 AM #1
again!

uh huh

not a lie this time, honestly!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-04, 10:42 AM #2
the best torso in football
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-04, 12:05 PM #3
I'll believe it after Game 1 of next season.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-03-04, 1:46 PM #4
/me hands Emon $50
2008-03-04, 3:57 PM #5
Oh no, now who are the Packers gonna find to loft ducks into the air and throw championship-game-losing interceptions?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2008-03-04, 4:08 PM #6
/me laughs at Snake's failed attempt to somehow grasp records, MVPs, and a super bowl title

To answer your question Snake, the Packers could pick up Rex Grossman to fill that role, after all, according to you throwing interceptions is all that Favre does (well, besides the #1 yards, #1 TDs, longest running starting streak, completions, attempts, 3 MVPs, Super Bowl, etc), so he'd fit right in. But I think some team with some pretty retarded management already signed him and thought he was still good...

He shall be missed indeed. My whole dorm today was pretty much in mourning, and all of my professors at least made mention of the event (with one asking a moment of silence, hahah).
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-03-04, 8:59 PM #7
a radio show i listen to here in minnesota figures the viking's owner should offer brett whatever he wants to play for the vikings just to add to the rivalry
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-11, 1:38 PM #8
Originally posted by mscbuck:
/me laughs at Snake's failed attempt to somehow grasp records, MVPs, and a super bowl title

To answer your question Snake, the Packers could pick up Rex Grossman to fill that role, after all, according to you throwing interceptions is all that Favre does (well, besides the #1 yards, #1 TDs, longest running starting streak, completions, attempts, 3 MVPs, Super Bowl, etc), so he'd fit right in. But I think some team with some pretty retarded management already signed him and thought he was still good...

He shall be missed indeed. My whole dorm today was pretty much in mourning, and all of my professors at least made mention of the event (with one asking a moment of silence, hahah).

I never really had anything against Favre, it's just too bad he had to waste his career with that stupid team.

BTW your dorm and professors need to get a life.
2008-03-11, 7:32 PM #9
Us cheeseheads experienced a 407.4% increase in suicides the day he announced it.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-03-11, 7:34 PM #10
Someone's having a hissy fit because the Bears resigned Rex "Self Sack" Grossman.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-11, 8:40 PM #11
Originally posted by Avenger:
Someone's having a hissy fit because the Bears resigned Rex "Self Sack" Grossman.

Wait a minute, are you dissing the Sex Cannon?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2008-03-12, 10:57 PM #12
Originally posted by Avenger:

Why would I have a hissy fit over them signing the best free agent QB available? And also signing the best free agent linebacker available? No, if anything I'd be having a hissy fit over them not fixing their Oline.

Anyway, gotta love how the first response to a criticism of Favre is to bash Rex Grossman. The point I was trying to make rather is that everyone puts him on the pedestle of being the best, or nearly the best, when he's far from it. He wasn't great, he was lucky and just good enough. When I say lucky, I dont only mean that he would lob a ball into double coverage and have Javon Walker be good enough to go up and get the ball (at least until the playoffs), but rather because he didn't get injured. "oh he's soo tough..." please, you hit him the right way and he WILL go down for a few months, just like anyone else. He has those all time yards and touchdowns (and interceptions) records because he was able to play in more games than anyone. Where are his single season records for yards and touchdowns? He doesnt have them. They belong to Marino and Brady (and Manning before that). Favre never even threw 40 TD's in a season. Managed 29 picks in '05 though. He won ONE superbowl... some bum named Terry Bradshaw won FOUR for crying out loud.

But if wisconsin people still want to :suicide: over this, dont mind me.
2008-03-13, 9:18 AM #13
I never technically bashed Rex Grossman. I just said that if we wanted a QB who apparently throws only INT to fill the void that Favre left, that we should totally have gotten Rex Grossman
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-03-13, 12:23 PM #14
Originally posted by petmc20:
Us cheeseheads experienced a 407.4% increase in suicides the day he announced it.

Wow, must have nearly wiped out the entire fanbase...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!