Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Brand Loyalty
Brand Loyalty
2008-03-04, 5:08 PM #1
So the other day I noticed that I've got a small hole in my shoe thats slowly growing, so I'm going to need to get a new pair; now, I really love the trainers I have at the moment as they're comfy as hell and I love the design, so I've been on a hunt to try and find the same ones but I'm not really having much luck in finding them in the right size. :(

Anyway, just hunting for shoes I began to realise that at least the last dozen or so pairs of trainers I've bought had been made by adidas. I don't know if this is a subconscious thing where I associate good with the 3 stripes or not, but to be honest I find most trainers not to my taste apart the majority of their brand, I just love the stylings.

So basically do you have any brands you, consciously or not, seem to swear by/stick to a lot?

I think we can skip the couple obvious ones like seagate. :P
nope.
2008-03-04, 5:13 PM #2
Brand Loyalty is stupid. Picking better brands isn't, but to remain loyal to a particular brand over all others is a bad idea.

That said, I <3 Threadless.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-04, 5:26 PM #3
[http://www.wegotsoccer.com/images/AD34563.jpg]
awesome shoes

now brand loyalty isn't all a bad thing. mindless brand loyalty, of course, is bad; but i think if you find a brand that has quality stuff, its not that bad to say you are loyal to a brand.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-03-04, 5:26 PM #4
I tend to stick with brands that I know are quality, or in the case of wearable stuff, fit me well. Most of my "nice" clothes are Mexx because they're usually my style and fit well with my body type.

I wouldn't blindly buy an inferior brand over a superior one because I'm "loyal" to it, but I'll usually use a brand I'm familiar with as a starting point.
2008-03-04, 5:48 PM #5
I usually stick to a brand if I am pleased with me earlier purchases. As for shoes, I usually get New Balance these days.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-03-04, 6:11 PM #6
Originally posted by landfish:
awesome shoes

now brand loyalty isn't all a bad thing. mindless brand loyalty, of course, is bad; but i think if you find a brand that has quality stuff, its not that bad to say you are loyal to a brand.

these
:master::master::master:
2008-03-04, 6:14 PM #7
Sorry, but the super samba is superior to the samba in every way.

[http://im.edirectory.co.uk/p/1762/i/35411image.jpg]
nope.
2008-03-04, 6:17 PM #8
Yeah, if you like your sneakers to have more homo-ocity.
2008-03-04, 6:50 PM #9
My clothes are brandless. Or at least cheap-knockoff-alike.

I like cheap jeans and trainers.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-03-04, 6:58 PM #10
No. They really are better. Better soles. More support. Better for playing soccer.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-04, 8:28 PM #11
[http://opticaldynamics.com/~gbk/seagate.jpg]

It had to be done.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-03-04, 8:31 PM #12
It had to be done... in a thread about shoes?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-03-04, 8:50 PM #13
Ive had path shoes for a while that i really like.

I also just picked up a pair from a company called Macbeth. They're really nice!
http://macbethfootwear.com/catalogproduct/manchester
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-03-04, 9:28 PM #14
Vans are the best shoe ever. Vans are the ONLY shoe.
Think while it's still legal.
2008-03-04, 9:35 PM #15
Originally posted by Avenger:
No. They really are better. Better soles. More support. Better for playing soccer.

But they look much gayer. If I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking or playing soccer, I'll get appropriate shoes. But as it is, I'll stick to the old style (i.e. best style) of Sambas, as opposed to looking like an overzealous fluffer with a hare lip.
2008-03-04, 10:16 PM #16
Old Navy jeans - the only kind I've found that fit me right.
Bare Minerals makeup - good for the skin, very easy to put on, doesn't look too makeup-y

of course if I found something better than either of those, I would use them, but I go to them right off because I know I like their product

Oh also: Ritz crackers. Very loyal to them
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-03-04, 10:17 PM #17
Originally posted by landfish:
[http://www.wegotsoccer.com/images/AD34563.jpg]

most uncomfortable shoe ever made
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-04, 10:18 PM #18
I have no brand loyalties. I can't stand having brand names all over my clothing. If it's small and out of the way I'm fine with it, but I don't want to be a walking billboard.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-03-05, 2:45 AM #19
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
It had to be done... in a thread about shoes?

It's not necessarily about shoes!

:hist101:
nope.
2008-03-05, 6:37 AM #20
I usually just buy the wal-mart $20 pair. But they usually have a Dr. Scholl's insole and are very comfortable. Those shoes last me a year or more.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-03-05, 7:19 AM #21
<--- applefag
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-05, 10:07 AM #22
Well I used to swear by AMD and ATI.....but now....

I love my nike's. Bought over two years ago, still feel great. They are shox, but the six support model.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-03-05, 11:06 AM #23
Well for shoes, I've been buying New Balance since late in high school. Every pair I have is still in good condition, the only part that fails is the wall of the shoe behind the heel, because I slide my feet in without bothering to use a shoehorn and it gets worn out over time. Even then they are still very usable.

I don't really have any brand loyalties, though. I'll easily buy anyone's shoes, I just stick with New Balance because they're affordable, comfortable and just "work." I evaluate products based on their individual performance, not the brand.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-05, 11:35 AM #24
For shoes, I haven't had a shoe other than Adidas ProModels since high school, until just recently, in which I purchased some Pumas. I still use my ProModels for bball though.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-03-05, 11:41 AM #25
I'm violently loyal to the non-Black & Decker brand of power tools
2008-03-05, 12:42 PM #26
I don't think it's dumb at all to be loyal to a brand that has a proven history of superior design.
2008-03-05, 12:43 PM #27
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I'm violently loyal to the non-Black & Decker brand of power tools

DeWalt? They make great tools. Black and Decker used to make quality stuff, haven't seen anything good from them in 6+ years though.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-03-05, 12:44 PM #28
I'd shout out for the company who makes black T-shirts but I guess there are several of thems.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-03-05, 12:54 PM #29
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Black and Decker used to make quality stuff, haven't seen anything good from them in 6+ years though.

The only good thing Black and Decker has done is keep their crap and DeWalt's awesome as separate as possible. B&D also owns the Pentair Group, which includes Delta and Porter Cable. As far as I know, all divisions of B&D maintain their own designs and parts.

Bosch owns Skil and Dremel. Bosch likes to have some overlap between Skil and Bosch tools, but it usually turns out for the better.
2008-03-05, 1:01 PM #30
I've been a pretty consistent Nintendo loyalist, and on a not-as-related-as-one-might-think, Zelda games. I've found Vans to be more comfy, but I don't think I'd swear by them. If I have any other loyalties, the respective companies should be happy to know that I'm not even aware of those loyalties. :P
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-03-05, 1:17 PM #31
I prefer the taste of Coke over Pepsi. So I buy mostly Coke.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-03-06, 7:55 PM #32
Originally posted by Rob:
I don't think it's dumb at all to be loyal to a brand that has a proven history of superior design.

exactly. And that's precisely what we mean by brand loyalty
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-03-06, 8:45 PM #33
Originally posted by gbk:
[http://opticaldynamics.com/~gbk/seagate.jpg]

It had to be done.

i'd have to agree

as far as everything else... no real brand loyalty...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-03-06, 8:54 PM #34
I believe in brand loyalty... specially when it comes to cars

I currently drive a Mercury, and I would love to own another Mercury after this... or even better a Lincoln.... (still apart of the same brand)
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2008-03-06, 9:36 PM #35
[http://www.pycomall.com/images/P/Microsoft_logo.jpg]

2008-03-06, 9:48 PM #36
[http://www.cluburban.com/nav/new-era-cap/logo.jpg]
2008-03-06, 10:01 PM #37
In the past, I've pretty much bought everything as I saw fit: cars, OS's, hardware.

Old Navy always has Jeans in my size, so I like it there.
I tend to look at Vans, Etnies, etc for shoes because I have wide, flat feet.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-03-07, 8:50 AM #38
i bought my last pair of shoes 3 years ago, timberland walking trainer boot things.

when they eventually wear out im gonna buy the same pair again because theyre real comfy and pretty much indestructable.

↑ Up to the top!