Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → tech question: erratic scrolling
tech question: erratic scrolling
2008-03-09, 5:40 PM #1
After I restarted my laptop last night, it cannot scroll up and down smoothly (whether in firefox, outlook, or within my own folders). It's a bit difficult to describe, but when I scroll, a small horizontal chuck of the screen will change accordingly, followed immediately by the chunk beneath it, cascading all the way down my monitor until a scroll "jump" of a certain size is completed. Obviously, this is incredibly obnoxious. I've done a full virus/spyware scan, reinstalled the video card drivers, tried to load up a system restore point from a few days ago, and restarted many times, but nothing changes. Any other tips?
Pyro Universe The ultimate fireworks site!
2008-03-09, 5:47 PM #2
Is this with the laptop touchpad scrolling or USB mouse scrolling problem?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-09, 5:48 PM #3
Both
2008-03-09, 5:50 PM #4
How is the laptop? With my old Dell laptop, the touchpad has become erratic to the point that touching it can send the mouse all different directions, even overriding a USB's mouse commands.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-09, 5:54 PM #5
How old, do you mean? I bought it in August 2005, and it's held up pretty well. I've never had a problem with the touchpad (which I rarely use) or mouse scrolling.
2008-03-09, 6:32 PM #6
Make sure smooth scrolling is turned off just for kicks.

Also, run dxdiag, go to the Video tab, and make sure you have all 3 acceleration things enabled. If they're disabled or not available there's probably a problem with your video card drivers or motherboard drivers.
2008-03-09, 7:01 PM #7
I was thinking video issues as well
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-09, 10:42 PM #8
I thought it said erotic scrolling.

↑ Up to the top!