Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → There goes another $120...
There goes another $120...
2008-03-09, 7:19 PM #1
This and this for my Glock 36 and this for my Glock 21. :)
woot!
2008-03-09, 7:53 PM #2
Is the first one for CC?

I know you are packing off the clock too.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-03-09, 8:28 PM #3
Originally posted by Spook:
Is the first one for CC?

I know you are packing off the clock too.

Yes it is. The Glock 21 holster is for to/from work. There are so many CC options..I didn't really know where to go - I've heard good things about Bianchi, CompTAC, SideArmor, G-Code...
woot!
2008-03-09, 8:35 PM #4
i think we need a jlee's gunloving extraodinairously awesomethread combination
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-09, 8:37 PM #5
I've always heard good things about Bianchi, but I have no personal experience with any of it yet.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-09, 8:46 PM #6
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
I've always heard good things about Bianchi, but I have no personal experience with any of it yet.

I'll have to let you know in a week or so..the holster & gun should hopefully arrive by the weekend. :)
woot!
2008-03-09, 8:52 PM #7
It's a good thing JLee is a cop and not a disgruntled college student with a passion for emo poetry. Otherwise, I'd be very disturbed right now :P
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2008-03-10, 7:42 AM #8
solution: wear an ACU cross draw vest. become a pimp wannabe swat police, look cool, and save money too!
2008-03-10, 10:26 AM #9
I'm not sure that counts much as concealed...but aren't off-duty police allowed to open carry? I think they are around here, anyway.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-10, 10:33 AM #10
In a lot of states you don't even need any kind of permit to open carry.
Life is beautiful.
2008-03-10, 10:44 AM #11
Enjoy your purchases from La Police Gear, France's #1 firearm accessory webstore.
:master::master::master:
2008-03-10, 10:53 AM #12
I'm not sure I'd say a lot of states. What, AZ, Alaska, New Mexico....I think montana and/or wyoming...vermont...and probably a few southeastern states, right?
Warhead[97]
2008-03-10, 1:39 PM #13
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
I'm not sure I'd say a lot of states. What, AZ, Alaska, New Mexico....I think montana and/or wyoming...vermont...and probably a few southeastern states, right?

In Utah you don't need a permit to carry open, but the chamber must be empty and the weapon must be two actions away from firing. There is no statutory limit, but there are other laws that prevent most minors from posessing a pistol without supervision.

Permit holders can carry open, ready to fire.

JLee, what kind of concealment do you like? Deep? Casual? It depends on how you dress and your body type. As much as it sucks, you really need multiple weapons and multiple carry options.

For example, most of the time, the only options that would work for me are a pocket holster with a mousegun in it (one in the hand better than two in the gunsafe right?) or something like a Smartcarry with a compact or sub-compact. Even when wearing a suit, I'm too small to carry on my hip under the jacket without it being obvious.

Just remember, the right thing is probably the one your fellow officers aren't doing.
2008-03-10, 3:11 PM #14
Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
In a lot of states you don't even need any kind of permit to open carry.

not sure about open carry without permit but i know only two allow concealed carry without permit (alaska and vermont)

my state technically allows open carry but you need a permit to carry.. open or concealed (at least we are a shall issue state... with a $50 lifetime permit option)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-03-10, 6:10 PM #15
Originally posted by Spook:
For example, most of the time, the only options that would work for me are a pocket holster with a mousegun in it (one in the hand better than two in the gunsafe right?) or something like a Smartcarry with a compact or sub-compact. Even when wearing a suit, I'm too small to carry on my hip under the jacket without it being obvious.

You could get a Clipdraw for the glock.
2008-03-11, 10:49 AM #16
Originally posted by ragna:
You could get a Clipdraw for the glock.

Hmm, that looks like a cool IWB option. I mentioned the smartcarry because that is what I have used before and it keeps a BUG or (ideally) a second magazine with the BUG somewhere else. Certainly looks like it would work for the "Business Casual" crowd who own glocks. However, It looks like it would print too much for my tight pants and t-shirts.

Cool find.
2008-03-11, 1:28 PM #17
Why is it when I see JLee's name as the poster and something about spending money in the topic I automatically think "firerarms"?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2008-03-11, 1:30 PM #18
Experiance.
2008-03-11, 1:42 PM #19
keep telling yourself that
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!