Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why is the everyday man and woman a spineless hack?
Why is the everyday man and woman a spineless hack?
2008-03-11, 3:07 PM #41
that bike wouldnt work very well. it has no pedals.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-03-11, 3:28 PM #42
The pedals were sacrificed for greater efficiency.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-11, 4:17 PM #43
If there was an alternative fuel to gasoline we would be using it.. hydrogen is not a very good gasoline replacement. Maybe our cities/states/countries should try a little harder in getting better public transportation. Where I live, it would be impossible for me to get to work, go to the store, or even a friends house without my car.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-11, 4:23 PM #44
i only read the author's first post.

people just don't care. i tried to get 1000 people to queens park in ontario for the same reason. let's show them we've had enough. i gave it a 7 week lead time and set up a website. i e-mailed some newspapers and tv broadcasters in the toronto area. no one, and i mean no one responded in any way.

**** 'em. they get what they deserve. the man walking all over us. they can all go to ****ing hell for all i care. people in society these days outright ****ing suck! they all deserve the **** we're fed.

btw, see the movie who killed the elctric car. the man won't let alternative fuels compromise the billions oil makes a few people. again, we get what we deserve or we'd be driving electric cars now.
hydrogen - it's a scam and will never be economically viable
methanol from corn - what a waste of resources. it's just a scam to make us think they're doing something

people are too stupid or lazy to do any real research and they'll just sit back and acccept the bull****.
2008-03-11, 5:44 PM #45
Every 6-12 months a new thread pops up with someone moaning about the gas price in the US, ffs, for the past 20-30 the US has been paying 1/3 of what the rest of the world pays for their gas. With the price of crude near the all time high, oil supply being tight, the middle east in conflict and russia being an arsehole in regards to freeing up it's supply what else do you expect??

come to the UK, we pay around $7-8 dollars per gallon...the price of gas is similar all over europe. The US is just catching up to the rest of the world, stop complaining and deal with it, the world doesn't revolve around the US gas price and any cuts caused as a result of the action you are suggesting will be gone in a few months.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-03-11, 5:54 PM #46
Originally posted by JM:
One of the most efficient forms of human transportation
Horse

Second only to
Bike

The horse population would take a dive in such a short time because of all the fat asses we have here in America. Hello broken spines!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-11, 6:04 PM #47
Broken spineless hacks!
2008-03-11, 6:13 PM #48
US dollar looses value on world markets => Exchange rates go up => Foreign oil companies still want the same amount of revenue => Oil prices go up
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-03-11, 6:33 PM #49
Originally posted by James Bond:
Every 6-12 months a new thread pops up with someone moaning about the gas price in the US, ffs, for the past 20-30 the US has been paying 1/3 of what the rest of the world pays for their gas. With the price of crude near the all time high, oil supply being tight, the middle east in conflict and russia being an arsehole in regards to freeing up it's supply what else do you expect??

come to the UK, we pay around $7-8 dollars per gallon...the price of gas is similar all over europe. The US is just catching up to the rest of the world, stop complaining and deal with it, the world doesn't revolve around the US gas price and any cuts caused as a result of the action you are suggesting will be gone in a few months.

Why don't you try paying for health care and say that again.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-03-11, 6:39 PM #50
We do, and you're not constantly sick.

Well, not in a physical way.
nope.
2008-03-11, 6:42 PM #51
He does pay for health care.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-11, 7:08 PM #52
Originally posted by Freelancer:

What? :confused:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-03-11, 7:30 PM #53
Originally posted by Rob:
!

[http://www.darkfire.net/mirror/anime/06.jpg]

I love you.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-03-11, 8:33 PM #54
Because I know it has an electric engine on each wheel with a gas engine powering them? :P
2008-03-11, 9:01 PM #55
Originally posted by Wolfy:
What? :confused:

Hahahaha, freelancer thinks every country is like canada
2008-03-12, 3:53 AM #56
Originally posted by Freelancer:

We do, it is something called National Insurance, it comes straight out of our wage packet, whether we like it or not.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-03-12, 5:17 AM #57
Quote:
Depends on your definition of efficiency.
Energy over forward motion. Not the energy of the person, total energy. And in general, overall, etc, other forms are more efficient in very specific circumstances.
2008-03-12, 6:55 AM #58
this debate needs to focus more on this post.

Originally posted by fishstickz:

Stop posting
2008-03-12, 7:47 AM #59
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Depends on your definition of efficiency.

e = 1 - (T[sub]L[/sub]/T[sub]H[/sub])

I think that's it.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-12, 1:06 PM #60
Originally posted by JM:
Energy over forward motion. Not the energy of the person, total energy. And in general, overall, etc, other forms are more efficient in very specific circumstances.

How efficient is a mode of transportation that takes 3 hours to get anywhere within a medium-sized city?
2008-03-12, 1:28 PM #61
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
Or you could, you know, use alternative transportation to go to work, reducing demand for gasoline on a more permanent basis while putting pressure on governments to improve infrastructure that isn't so specifically aimed at single-person vehicles. Any decrease in gas prices will be temporary. If you want to make a difference, help us move beyond dependence on petroleum.

I think this is almost impossible in most of America due to a near total lack of alternative transportation outside of [really] major cities. Around here the best you've got is a bus that only has about 5 people on it at any one time, is found only in the city, and stops at mysterious locations that only it and those other five people know and people regularly commute from 30+ miles out...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-03-12, 1:38 PM #62
Sorry our country is so big. Sorry. Our bad.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-12, 3:58 PM #63
Quote:
How efficient is a mode of transportation that takes 3 hours to get anywhere within a medium-sized city?

We're talking energy expended, not time. I never said they were fast, just efficient.
2008-03-12, 4:05 PM #64
Yeah, a good road bike gets you a ridiculous mechanical advantage.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-13, 8:41 PM #65
Originally posted by JM:
We're talking energy expended, not time. I never said they were fast, just efficient.

There's time efficiency and energy efficiency. Both are limited resources.
2008-03-13, 9:16 PM #66
If people had to walk three hours to get someplace, I'm willing to bet that someone would start up a new business that does the same thing thats a lot closer. People aren't going to let that demand go unfulfilled.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-03-13, 9:18 PM #67
I believe that's called the taxi service.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-14, 10:39 AM #68
Originally posted by JM:
One of the most efficient forms of human transportation.
[http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/greeks/religion/pictures/horse.jpg]

Apparently you've never had horses because $3.50 a gallon is nothing compared to the cost of upkeep for just one horse. Not even going into the TIME to take care of it and the ENERGY wasted in the process.

↑ Up to the top!