Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A thread about Far Cry
A thread about Far Cry
2004-08-05, 3:36 PM #1
I downloaded the Far Cry screen saver, and it wasn't what I thought it would be. You know the menu screen and the camera flies across the island in a cinematic loop? I was looking for that in screen saver form. Does anybody know where it is or if it exists?

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-05, 4:55 PM #2
Far Cry is old and busted, Doom 3 is the new hotness! Get with the times [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-05, 5:11 PM #3
What Spork said.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-05, 5:18 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
Far Cry is old and busted, Doom 3 is the new hotness! Get with the times [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

Shut up!

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-05, 6:33 PM #5
I think Far Cry looks just as good.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-05, 6:58 PM #6
I can't comment on doom3 till a demo comes out,

But I think farcry didn't look that great, every thing has a weird plasic look to it..

Water effect was very cool though...

I think painkiller has a whole was more pleasing to the eye.
2004-08-05, 7:11 PM #7
Plastic effect in Far Cry? Maybe some of the indoor stuff. But its outdoor enviroments are so much better than doom's indoor ones.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin

[This message has been edited by Vincent Valentine (edited August 05, 2004).]
2004-08-05, 7:34 PM #8
The jungles were fantastic and the environments were bigger than anything, ever. I didn't really get the pasticly llok that people seem to be complaining about

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-05, 7:48 PM #9
its plastic because tropical leaves have a very waxy coating (well... al leaves.. to keep the water in) so it looking plastic-ey would be correct... cause its like 90% vegetation. i like the mars surface more than tropcial environments, though. just so cool, and once again... adds scariesness... whats scarrier than running out of oxygen on a martian surface? it scares the crap out of my when im in the red and i am almost to the airlock and it still takes like 5 seconds for it to completely lock and there's rocket shooting hellspawn behind me and omfg.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-05, 8:53 PM #10
i think both games look good... Doom3 does creepy lighting and shadows really well while far cry does a good job with tropical environments

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-06, 4:31 AM #11
The thing I like most is the non-linearity of some of the outdoor levels. I'm currently on the level where your trying to get to the archives and there are like five different ways to go about it. Truck, hoof it, swim, catch a glider, etc. Than you have to choose a path, which there are several of those.

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-06, 8:11 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:

</font>

BLASPHEMER! *Sets a Trigen loose on Spork*

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets

↑ Up to the top!