Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ARGH!!!!!!!!! (not all caps.)
ARGH!!!!!!!!! (not all caps.)
2004-08-05, 4:37 AM #1
My clan was attacked by some group of losers called the g00ns. www.g00ns.com They aparently have nothing better to do then cause problems over the internet to piss people off...We lost a CRAP load of forum data...and alot of stuff we needed on our site....They say on their website what they do is not illegal and theres nothing anyone can do about it... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Is there anything we can do? this is horrible we never did anything wrong to anyone..We were always a nice clan and made friends easy...GRRR

im pissed off.

Wheres Evad when you need him.....

------------------
My Xanga
2004-08-05, 4:42 AM #2
I say hunt them down and cut their faces off like that guy in Hannibal.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-05, 4:45 AM #3
What exactly did they do?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-05, 4:45 AM #4
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]...I wish i could.....Some people hold nothing sacred...

------------------
My Xanga
2004-08-05, 4:47 AM #5
They brought down our Forum, website, and Team speak servers...

------------------
My Xanga
2004-08-05, 4:55 AM #6
www.whopissedyouoff.com

Anyway, that really sucks. i checked they're site, i can't tell enough about you to help you get back at them in any way.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-08-05, 5:04 AM #7
whois result:
Code:
Domain name: g00ns.com

Registrant Contact:
   Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
   Whois Agent (tfmrwphl@whoisprivacyprotect.com)
   +1.4252740657
   Fax: +1.4256960234
   PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
   C/O g00ns.com
   Bellevue, WA 98007
   US

I dont know what to tell you... I could get some of my drones working to DDoS their server, but thats about it... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-05, 5:06 AM #8
If you could take them down, in ANY way......I'd be so happy i'd dance around like a giddy shool girl.

Just make sure not to mention my Screen name on here...They'll attack us again.

------------------
My Xanga
2004-08-05, 5:35 AM #9
Hee!
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> [g00ns] is a closed community not a clan .....</font>

What's the difference?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Our goal is to ruin you fun online. We are also dedicated to any movement that eschews Anarchy, Mayhem and Chaos.</font>

Isn't it interesting the way they're dedicated to movements of anarchy, yet they themselves are apparently an organized "closed community?"

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Are we hackers? No! I guess you could call us digital anarchists. Wherever you are having fun expect us to be there to mess it up.</font>

That's right, folks! Apparently anarchy == no fun!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why do we do this? Basically we like to make you angry and then watch your lame reactions to how seriously you take the internet and video games. Remember. Its only the internet!</font>

Christ, I could go all day with this one.
1 - Nice cliche excuse there for being an overall immature brat whose bitter against the world due to your antisocial nature, which, by the way, happens to be the fault of your parents.
2 - It's only the internet! Quit worrying so much about what other people do with it!
3 - It's not only the internet, it's become a serious technical part of life, like ATMs or microwave ovens. I don't see anybody going around screwwing over ATMs and microwaves and saying "It's fun to see how seriously you take your technology! It's only a microwave that you paid for!"

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You EverQueer players would be better off remembering that!</font>

I recap: It's "only the internet!" Quit taking what other people do on it so God damn seriously.

Man, they need a public forum! I'd so post this on there just to see their response. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited August 05, 2004).]
2004-08-05, 5:42 AM #10
Their forums seem pretty public to me, I just registered for them just to see.

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192
E-Mail: FCTuner04--//[at]\\--gmail--//[dot]\\--com

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite
2004-08-05, 5:44 AM #11
Oh, bogus! I just clicked on 'forums' and it returned that red error saying you don't have permission to view the boards...
I'll sign up then [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-08-05, 5:46 AM #12
Bunch of idiots.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-05, 5:47 AM #13
Posted on the "talk" page. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited August 05, 2004).]
2004-08-05, 5:50 AM #14
These people need jobs.

And I'm pretty sure jacking with someone elses website is illegal. It's called hacking.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 05, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-05, 6:09 AM #15
Figured I'd help you out, Correction.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-05, 6:18 AM #16
Let's all register and give em hell for messing with a Massassian! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-05, 6:18 AM #17
We could D.O.S. attack their site.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-05, 6:22 AM #18
They have a chatroom #g00ns on irc.enterthegame.com; an IRC network that I don't think does any encryption on host marks. If you're hungry for revenge, you can try in there.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-08-05, 9:14 AM #19
They deleted my forum account. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2004-08-05, 10:34 AM #20
They deleted mine too... and I didn't even post anything.

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192
E-Mail: FCTuner04--//[at]\\--gmail--//[dot]\\--com

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite
2004-08-05, 10:47 AM #21
SithNazgul? SITHNAZGUL?

OI! SITHNAZGUL! IT'S MBS TIME! TIME FOR A HOLY WAR IN THE NAME OF MASSASSI![/i] *Takes up M-16* "Hoooly Briiiiiaaaaaaan! To thee I sacrifice these infidels!"

Incidentally, if anyone can get me an address, I'll gladly ****e into an envelope and duly mail it.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

[This message has been edited by Gee_4ce (edited August 05, 2004).]
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-05, 10:51 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Let's all register and give em hell for messing with a Massassian! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

Well hell I'LL register!

------------------

2004-08-05, 10:55 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
Incidentally, if anyone can get me an address, I'll gladly ****e into an envelope and duly mail it.</font>
If you were planning on using actual s***, I'd be interested in doing similar. Either that or making a letter and covering it in rather nasty chemicals.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-05, 10:58 AM #24
Okay, Tony and I are your British double-team... assuming I've remembered right... you are from Britland like me, right? Anyways, got me some heavy eating to do! Ha!

------------------

2004-08-05, 8:18 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Noble Outlaw:
www.whopissedyouoff.com

Anyway, that really sucks. i checked they're site, i can't tell enough about you to help you get back at them in any way.

</font>

So I go to this site, check out the forum. First name I see if Maevie. It's a small world.

http://www.whopissedyouoff.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-08-06, 3:06 AM #26
GBK: Really, I expected better of you!

Anyway, Jack, I e-mailed their hosting company. They receive hosting from hasweb.com

I recommend emailing them saying that an account on their server has been hacking, DDoSing, etc. The more that email, the more they will believe it to be true. Email their support address.

It's the best, legal way to handle things. Take em down, the lawful way [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Oh, I am also looking up their domain name. It's hard as hell, but I should be able to get who's running it soon. Oh, and it expires in June 30th, 2005. So if you wanna be really mean, mark your calender and buy their domain from under their feet.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited August 06, 2004).]
2004-08-06, 8:30 AM #27
Well, now that revenge is underway (*sigh*), how about something a little more constructive?

Have you learned anything about security? Have you figured out how they broke in to your site? Did you use insecure passwords? Were there unpatched vulnerabilities in your software? Were you running insecure scripts?

They offer plenty of "hacking tools" on their site, like password crackers, etc. If your password is in the dictionary, they can probably crack it. If you don't run your own Web server, contact your host and tell them that they need to get their server set up to only allow a few bad logins before locking out an IP address for several minutes--that will greatly slow down any brute-force attempts. An exponential method where the more missed tries you make the longer you get locked out would be even better. If you run your own server, implement this ASAP.

Have you learned anything about data redundancy? Are you going to backup your data more frequently now? Do you have a plan to quickly recover if this happens again?

You may just be a game clan on the Internet, but if you take measures to prevent this sort of thing, you won't lose a year's worth of data next time it happens. Get some automated backup scripts running every day, have them e-mail the backups to you or to a Gmail account or something, and burn them to CD, send them to other clan members, etc. Do something.

I don't mean to sound condescending or rude, I'm just trying to help you learn something from this so it doesn't happen again.
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-08-06, 10:24 AM #28
Nuke the Assbastards.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.

Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!