Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
2008-03-18, 11:27 PM #1
Anyone else enjoy the game/series as I did? I liked the storyline for it and it kept me entertained for a while. I haven't played all the games yet, but I pretty much spoiled everything for myself.
Back again
2008-03-19, 12:13 AM #2
I'm actually playing the first game right now. Im on that samurai mission =D So far so good. But not to knock on the game or anything, but I still think that the series would of been better if it was on the PSP.
\(='_'=)/
2008-03-19, 12:23 AM #3
Why better on PSP? It doesn't need to use better graphics engine or whatever.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-19, 12:42 AM #4
I'm trying to buy them all for DS at a reasonable price, but it's hard going. I'm going into town on friday morning (post pay-day!) to see what's available at places that do exchanges...
2008-03-19, 12:55 AM #5
Bought each game as it came out and played it intensely on a regular basis until I beat them >_< I freakin love that series

Can't wait for the fourth one to come out in the US... although I'm mad that Phoenix isn't the primary protagonist. And also that they translated Odoroke's name into "Apollo Justice".
一个大西瓜
2008-03-19, 1:27 AM #6
Originally posted by Echoman:
Why better on PSP? It doesn't need to use better graphics engine or whatever.

Sure it can. The graphics can be drawn with a higher resolution, and the animations would improve tremdously as well. Also, having a more detailed crime scene doesnt hurt either.
\(='_'=)/
2008-03-19, 2:15 AM #7
the second one sucked. first one was awesome, and the final mission of the first one is PURE AMAZING. i was so disappointed when i realized that the final mission was added just for the DS. the second one is a straight port :( not only that but the second one sucks.
ive heard the third one is great but i havent played it yet. I also have heard that the fourth one resembles the final mission in the first one, so im excited for apollo justice. and supposedly ema skye makes a return!
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-03-19, 7:32 PM #8
Apollo Justice came out here already.

Phoenix's Fate He becomes framed and is accused of using falsified evidence which he presented. Because of this, his Attorney Badge is taken away and he is no longer a lawyer. He becomes a poker player later. In the 4th game, Phoenix still has an important role, for he still searches for the truth.

Ema Skye's Fate She doesn't become a part of the forensic science investigator, but in turn becomes a detective and replaces Dick. She obsessively eats a lot of a certain snack and is angry she didn't become part of the forensic science department, but still uses her science knowledge. Too bad she failed her test for that. Ema isn't effervescent as before.

Capcom is making a 5th game I believe.
Back again
2008-03-20, 7:10 AM #9
I see so many spoofs of that game I just assumed it was crappy. Though to be honest, I have never seen anything other than the spoofs or the box so... What exactly is this game? Sounds like an Anime version of the law and order games.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-03-20, 12:43 PM #10
What the hell?! How did I miss Apollo Justice's release in the US?
一个大西瓜
2008-03-20, 12:50 PM #11
I'm only on the second game and, whilst it's nowhere near as good as the first, it's still great. Except for that annoying wench instead of Edgeworth, but meh.

Someone mentioned PSP and that's just no. The game looks like a Nintendo game for starters {{Kinda like how I always thought Jet Set Radio looked like a less PC Nintendo game...}} and, of course, there's the touch screen bits which just wouldn't be very appealing with some stupid cursor rolling round the screen with those awful analogues on the PSP. To be honest, I also disagree with the 'better graphics', after all it obviously isn't the graphics that makes Pheonix Wright so great. I do think better animations {{and more of them, especially since the animations on Nick himself are exactly the same between the first and second games}} are warranted, I don't think that's anything to do with which machine the game's on but rather lazy programmers. I'm pretty confident the DS could manage better and more animations if somebody pulled their thumb from up their arse and actually pressed a few more keys on their programming software.

Still, as said, the storyline {{and, admittedly, the all-to-frequently-exclaimed in public 'Objection' dub}} is really what gets me playing, not to mention the gags, characters and, I guess, the odd-ball detective reasoning that could actually do with a little less of a linear approach. It's still good though.

Anyway. There we go. My first post on the forum and it happens to be about Pheonix Wright. Aces :D :p

↑ Up to the top!