Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Podcasts
Podcasts
2008-03-19, 2:36 PM #1
I have 6 hours a day at work to listen to my Zune. Currently there's a few podcasts I subscribe to (music gets old), but I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. I'm mostly interested in news/current events shows... and I listen to a couple now that are fairly liberal, so a conservative view would be nice to have to. Any suggestions?
2008-03-19, 3:56 PM #2
I can't give any specific ones to check out and they wouldn't be conservative necessarily, but I would check out NPR's web site. They have a lot of good and interesting shows on during the day and I'm pretty sure they have podcasts you can check out as well.
2008-03-19, 4:03 PM #3
Chris Moyles, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant.
2008-03-19, 4:07 PM #4
The only podcasts I listen to are "The ForceCast" - a Star Wars podcast, and the IndyCast (Indiana Jones).
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2008-03-19, 7:11 PM #5
BUZZ OUT LOUD -- Awesome tech podcast.

This Week in Tech - Another awesome tech podcast
Extralife Radio - Geeky news / discussions
Washington Week In Review - best political show out there
Meet the Press - Second best political podcast
Wait Wait.. Don't Tell me! - News Quiz Show by NPR, very funny
SModcast - Kevin Smith's weekly podcast (on hiatus right now, but very funny)
TikiBar TV - Very funny video pocast thing, short but awesome

Also check out the loveline archive for back episodes of the greatest radio show ever made, very funny, deals with sexual issues and drug issues, a really awesome show

http://lovelinearchive.com/
(Although I recommend the DC++ loveline hub http://www.lovelinefan.com/tutorial/ )
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-19, 8:07 PM #6
I'd suggest a bunch like Fish did, but I don't think you're looking for video or entertainment.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-19, 8:49 PM #7
Joe Soucheray AM1500 KSTP aka Garage Logic
its out of Minneapolis/St. Paul here in Minnesota
happens to be my favorite radio show ever
link to itunes store link
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-19, 9:24 PM #8
Subscribe to [URL="www.rushlimbaugh.com"]Rush 24/7[/URL]. You'll get his entire show every day as MP3 files. Of course you probably don't want to pay so Mark Levin is also quite entertaining and his program is freely available as an MP3 download every day.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-03-19, 9:37 PM #9
BUZZ OUT LOUD -- Awesome tech podcast.

This Week in Tech - Another awesome tech podcast

I second these.
Laporte's other podcasts are entertaining as well, I feed them all into the zune and pick them at random. This Week in Tech is probably my favorite though.
2008-03-19, 9:57 PM #10
Yeah, I listen to macbreak weekly, it's probably my favorite podcast of his, although it's probably because I'm a macfag
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-19, 10:49 PM #11
I think he said Conservative, not Neocon, Wookie.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-20, 2:53 AM #12
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I think he said Conservative, not Neocon, Wookie.

Was this post necessary?
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-20, 8:55 AM #13
Of course not. Neither of those guys have liberal tendencies nor are they Jewish.

Vinny, I would go with the latter of my two suggestions. First, as I said, it's free and, second, better entertainment value.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-03-20, 11:44 AM #14
This Week in Tech
Diggnation
Totally Rad Show
Tekzilla
BBC World News
BBC NewsPod
VFX Show

Are the ones I listen to / watch.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-03-20, 8:44 PM #15
Rush? really? i thought 4 people listened to that obvious propaganda funded by the bush administration. who are the other 3? honestly? rush? this guy is so obviously retarded i thought people stopped listening to this wind bag a long time ago.
2008-03-20, 8:47 PM #16
My point exactly.

Anyway:

Pop Siren is actually REALLY surprisingly good. TRS is, and will always be amazing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-03-21, 8:29 AM #17
Originally posted by Darth Evad:
Rush? really? i thought 4 people listened to that obvious propaganda funded by the bush administration. who are the other 3? honestly? rush? this guy is so obviously retarded i thought people stopped listening to this wind bag a long time ago.

Nope. Still the most popular radio show in America. He rips the Bush administration all the time but I wouldn't expect people who don't listen to the show to actually know anything about it.

2008-03-21, 8:51 AM #18
i used to listen on a daily basis so my comments on him come from the facts. i stopped when he came out and said that the reason there are soccer moms is because the dads are too lazy and don't care enough about their kids to take them to soccer. when queried about this by callers he justified it by saying if the dads weren't too drunk to take their kids to soccer moms wouldn't have to and they could stay home.
what a complete ***. i stopped listening after that taking the advice, 'if you don't like it then change the station'.
it's comments and beleifs like the soccer mom thing that make this man an obvious retard. and i've noticed he has many beleifs such as this.
2008-03-21, 8:56 AM #19
Haha, I listen occasionally as well. He's kind of like an Internet troll sometimes. :v:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-03-21, 9:03 AM #20
I've listened on a daily basis (as often as possible) for around 8 years and have never heard anything remotely similar to that account. Your memory must be colored by time, emotion, and ideology. I'll search the site, out of slight curiousity. I do know that soccer was a topic several years ago and he does occasionally run sound bites of calls on the topic during the breaks which you can hear when listening to the streaming audio from his site.

↑ Up to the top!