Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → London Massassians - any of you after housing (AKA Massassi Cribs)
London Massassians - any of you after housing (AKA Massassi Cribs)
2008-03-20, 3:41 AM #1
Hi y'all

This is probably a real, real long shot, but when I was here last I seem to recall a few Massassians were London based - are maevie and Wolfy still in existence?

I figured it can't hurt to point out that I'm going into my third year at UCL studying English Literature, and am looking to move into a house with 2-5 others within good reach of Central and for £140/week including bills or less (so rent of £135/week or less)

On the real off chance that someone out there fits the bill, please do let me know. I need to move between April 19th and May 22nd, as I have an exam on May 25th and need to be established by then.

Otherwise, to render this post vaguely useful to the rest of us, Discuss Your Pad, post photos and anything cool and/or notable about it... it's kind of like Cribs but with Massassians instead of obnoxious celebrities, perish the thought...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2008-03-20, 4:05 AM #2
Wolfy was never London-based, though.

(Oh and hi)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-03-20, 4:11 AM #3
I'm afraid I'm a Nottinghamite till July at the very least, if not longer.
The notable thing about my house is the rising damp. It caused the painted pebbledash type stuff on the front of the building to bubble out and then collapse. It also means I can sit in my room in a shirt, hoodie and warm coat and still get cold.
But it's cheap, it's less than half the price of your pad :P
2008-03-20, 5:48 AM #4
If I lived in London, I'd totally let you crash at my place.

That being said, if you ever come to the States and need a place to live... >.>
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-03-20, 5:54 AM #5
Maeve's still about, and Detty's moved to the big smoke too. I however remain a Yorkist! :D
2008-03-20, 6:23 AM #6
I would normally be in London if I weren't on long term attachment (lta) out in swizterland for the next year or so.

as for my digs in Geneva, uumm, fine, considering I've lived in cramped halls and shared flats for the past 5 years, to have my own place that only I live in, is pretty awesome.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-03-20, 6:34 AM #7
You're going to struggle to find anywhere before moving down, the lettings market in London is a real nightmare. Most things on Gumtree are gone the same morning they're posted and most things on agents websites are gone the second they go online. Best bet for affordable is Brixton though, you have a chance of getting a flatshare that doesn't suck on your budget.

When I moved to London I was sleeping on my brother's sofa for over a month, and that's actually a fairly short length of time to be homeless from what i've heard.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-20, 6:43 AM #8
id love to, i live in boro and now our housing people are sending out letters saying im responsible for my ****** housemates arrears, i think i might punch his mouth
2008-03-20, 12:20 PM #9
I live with my parents.

I want to build a house out of container boxes when I get back from Iraq.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-03-20, 2:59 PM #10
Originally posted by Detty:
You're going to struggle to find anywhere before moving down, the lettings market in London is a real nightmare. Most things on Gumtree are gone the same morning they're posted and most things on agents websites are gone the second they go online. Best bet for affordable is Brixton though, you have a chance of getting a flatshare that doesn't suck on your budget.

When I moved to London I was sleeping on my brother's sofa for over a month, and that's actually a fairly short length of time to be homeless from what i've heard.

I happen to know a few tricks on the London lettings market and I've got a beautiful house lined up that's still being built. I'm in the London Docklands now, and what with the stock market troubles and the general misconceptions about the area, property is very cheap.
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2008-03-20, 6:20 PM #11
what tricks?

I'm flat hunting at the moment and prices are pretty much the same as they were last year, ie ridiculously expensive.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!