Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → three things
three things
2008-03-21, 9:50 AM #1
1) do yanks play darts?

2) why does my friends pc do a reboot when im in the middle of loading levels in HL2:EP1 (sometimes midgame, sometimes from the load level screen)

3) why does the same pc have some sort of explorer.exe error when random windows are opened (seems to happen like clockwork when im trying to access usb memory stick).

those last two questions are pretty dry but really, i cant remember seeing yanks play darts on telly or owt, nor have i ever heard yanks discuss darts, whats up with that.

its the premiere game for drinking.
2008-03-21, 11:03 AM #2
I dunno about on TV, but I like all sorts of bar games. Darts is one of them. I like to play 501 or 301 now and then.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-03-21, 11:06 AM #3
yeah i only played once or twice in the pub but now i got one at home so i can lose my damage deposit thanks to holes in the wall
2008-03-21, 5:22 PM #4
I was about to start competing.. but then I got arrested and didn't associate with my dart playing friends anymore. I was pretty good. My buddy was on a team. I'd play cricket and 301 daily at his house.

That's about all we would do. We would sit around and (not legal) and play darts. I had a good bullseye shot. I would throw normal for all the other shots, but I perfected a fling for the bullseye (easier to maintain form IMO.) Worked about 50% of the time which isn't too bad considering I was not sober..probably couldn't do it anymore (2 years ago)
2008-03-21, 5:26 PM #5
I can answer the first question: Yes. I'm not that great at it :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-21, 7:43 PM #6
yes we do. i prefer cricket over 301 or 501 though, because throwing doubles on purpose has always been difficult for me.

i'm decent but not awesome. i wouldnt compete, but i kick all my friends ***es at it though.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-03-21, 8:04 PM #7
what the **** is cricket?

al i play was is 1 3 and 5 01 and maybe around the clock for practice but what the hell is cricket
2008-03-22, 12:36 AM #8
in cricket you have to hit the top numbers, including bullseye 3 times each.. great game better than 301.. requires more skill
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-22, 11:44 AM #9
yeah we play darts. I don't know about the other questions though
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-03-22, 1:09 PM #10
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-03-22, 1:16 PM #11
gotta love the mighty boosh.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2008-03-22, 2:36 PM #12
<4
nope.
2008-03-22, 4:02 PM #13
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
in cricket you have to hit the top numbers, including bullseye 3 times each.. great game better than 301.. requires more skill
that's not cricket!!!

this is cricket,

ball, bat, pads, sun, people sleeping in the background, guy with a beard...what more do you want?
Attachment: 18880/cricket8.jpg (40,982 bytes)
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-03-22, 6:51 PM #14
i think we on a whole tend to prefer pool (billiards) over darts.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-03-22, 7:59 PM #15
Billiards is a different game altogether and in britain we play snooker.

:colbert:
nope.
2008-03-22, 8:03 PM #16
Sounds like some kind of drug
2008-03-22, 8:21 PM #17
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
i think we on a whole tend to prefer pool (billiards) over darts.

this post is meaningless, two diffrnt gms wth fggot crybabies

pool aint billiards hobags

also could someone please post a link to cricket rules or someone showing them because i wanna learn this game, seems like a fun buzz for darts players

im right in the fact you yanks do nothing and fill in for crude nothing
2008-03-22, 8:22 PM #18
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
this post is meaningless, two diffrnt gms wth fggot crybabies

pool aint billiards hobags

also could someone please post a link to cricket rules or someone showing them because i wanna learn this game, seems like a fun buzz for darts players

im right in the fact you yanks do nothing and fill in for crude nothing

listen to TV On The Radio, awesome band.
2008-03-22, 8:44 PM #19
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
listen to TV On The Radio, awesome band.

:neckbeard::colbert::eng101::colbert::neckbeard: foolhardy lad
2008-03-22, 9:31 PM #20
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_(darts)

the way i've alwasy played it "opening" isnt required. if you hit a number (15-20 +Bull) you just mark the hit. i also play as points optional depending on the relative skill levels of the players.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-03-23, 7:43 AM #21
Originally posted by saberopus:
:neckbeard::colbert::eng101::colbert::neckbeard: foolhardy lad

lol i was drunk as hell when i posted that i cant even remember doing it.

its good i did though because i remember spending an hour or two last night sat at the computer while everyone else was in the other room and i cant remember what the hell i was doing
2008-03-23, 1:12 PM #22
Ford, yea, playing noobs we wouldn't play points, because it would just be unfair. Good players can generally close bullseye and then some before a noob can close :) Then they waste time trying to close and you mess around with other stuff they havn't closed. Haha. (I would love doing that. You get them frantic and they don't know what they should aim at)
2008-03-23, 2:25 PM #23
If you used the word 'noob' in a pub here you'd probably get glassed in the face.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-03-23, 2:30 PM #24
By at least 5 blokes.
nope.
2008-03-23, 2:45 PM #25
Originally posted by James Bond:
that's not cricket!!!

this is cricket,

ball, bat, pads, sun, people sleeping in the background, guy with a beard...what more do you want?

what more do I want??? nothing not even that
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-23, 8:52 PM #26
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
If you used the word 'noob' in a pub here you'd probably get glassed in the face.

I'd totally do it.

...maybe

...depends on how many scary looking people are around.

well there went my bravado
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-03-24, 10:34 AM #27
Most refrain from glassing wimmin. :P
nope.
2008-03-24, 10:44 AM #28
I think using the word (is it a word yet?) 'noob' in any bar or pub around the planet would get your legs broke.

Darts is fun, but I'm terrible at it. More often than not the wall ends up looking perforated.

As for the game issue, does he overclock his processor or video card? I know a lot of times if the machine is under heavy load the system can get too warm if overclocked or if it is not properly cooled. If he's not overclocking, get a can of air and dust off the fans, cpu fan, heat sink, and give it another try. Not sure about the explorer error... I get errors too when opening folders with lots of videos in them... (PR0N!?)
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-03-24, 4:36 PM #29
My friends play cricket pretty often at the local Irish pub. I've never tried it myself.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-26, 4:21 PM #30
lol of course I wouldn't say noob in a bar. But here the lingo fits so... it flows better than rookie or novice or whatever.

↑ Up to the top!