Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rolf Would Be Proud
Rolf Would Be Proud
2008-03-24, 3:29 PM #1
So I was looking around HMV today and to my delight discovered that they were selling god damn STYLOPHONES! :D

[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Modern_Stylophone.JPG/800px-Modern_Stylophone.JPG]

From mb's confusion earlier I'm going to guess they didn't really have them in the states but these things are basically electric xylophones that you play with a stylus, they came out in the late 60s and they used to be advertised by Rolf Harris. A few artists have used them on recordings - David Bowie, Kraftwerk. They're fun little doodads.

I also nabbed the Raconteurs new album which is fairly eargasmic and isn't out in the states until tomorrow and a stereo jack plug for my old 70s stereo speakers to computer connection project thing.

Anyway post random things you have that make noise or your recent purchases, whichever the hell this threads turns into.
nope.
2008-03-24, 8:01 PM #2
MOOG
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-03-24, 8:05 PM #3
Okay.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-24, 8:10 PM #4
WANT
2008-03-24, 8:52 PM #5
30 bucks.

Considering picking one up even though I have absolutely no use for it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2008-03-24, 9:13 PM #6
Seriously. Thats ****ing wicked awesome.
2008-03-25, 5:47 AM #7
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Raconteurs new album

as good as the first?
2008-03-25, 9:37 AM #8
when you said rolf, i thought of rolf from the muppets.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-03-25, 10:30 AM #9
I thought Rolf from Ed Edd and Eddy...
2008-03-25, 1:29 PM #10
Originally posted by DEFINOTELY NOT SPE:
as good as the first?

I'd say they're about even.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!