Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Saitek, Joysticks, questions.
Saitek, Joysticks, questions.
2008-03-28, 5:20 PM #1
Ok, I have my heart set on getting myself a Saitek X52 - Flight Control System. It looks absolutely amazing and from what i have seen reviews seem to be in the 8-9/10 range, It's expensive as all hell so i came here to ask if anyone had any experiance using it. Im probably going to use for casual FSX playing and mostly for combat flight sims and space flight sims (XWA, Crimson skies, rogue squadron)

Would any of you that have it recommend it? And is the Pro version worth the extra 30$?
2008-03-28, 6:26 PM #2
You can get refurbs of many items directly through Saitek. I got a keyboard from them once and it was in excellent condition.

I have one of the Saitek Cyborgs and I like it somewhat. The stick feels too loose to me. I prefer the feel of Logitech sticks. I tried the X52 at a store once, and it was better than my Cyborg though.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-28, 8:19 PM #3
I've got the x52, original version. As Emon said the stick isn't as loose as the Cyborg, but it still uses the spring auto-center. I actually use the profile software with it, and that's something I haven't done in years.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-03-28, 8:24 PM #4
Serious question. Not trying to be a dick.

What do you guys really use joysticks for, and how often?
2008-03-28, 9:03 PM #5
Just about daily on my end. TIE, XvT, XWA, Battlefield 2, MechWarrior...
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-03-28, 9:13 PM #6
People still play the first three games?

You'd think they would have moved on by now...

Battlefield 2 is so arcadey, I used a joy pad.
2008-03-28, 9:16 PM #7
People still play Battlefield 2?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-28, 10:22 PM #8
X-Wing series, Flight sim, Crimson Skies, Allegiance.
2008-03-29, 7:04 AM #9
Originally posted by Rob:
People still play the first three games?

I still make missions for them, write modding utilities, and I've had a WIP of a ship for a long time now.
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-03-29, 7:43 AM #10
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I still make missions for them, write modding utilities, and I've had a WIP of a ship for a long time now.

modding an old star wars game just sounds like a dumb idea.:P
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-03-29, 8:17 AM #11
Originally posted by Rob:
Serious question. Not trying to be a dick.

What do you guys really use joysticks for, and how often?

i use mine occasionally... when the mood to load up IL-2:FB (with expansions of course) hits but then again both my joysticks were bought used... total of $6 (i paid more than that for a wheel that i use even less)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-03-29, 8:53 AM #12
Battlefield 2.
Freespace 2 (FSopen).
Random old games.

↑ Up to the top!