Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Drawing Tablets
Drawing Tablets
2004-08-05, 5:36 PM #1
Anyone know any goood but cheap drawing tablets? I want one that can draw fine, like a fine enough line to look as if I actually drew it out on paper, no blocky big pixely lines. Keep in mind I want one thats cheap but can still get the job done, nothing too fancy, you know? Preferably below $100

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net

[This message has been edited by matrixhacker (edited August 05, 2004).]
2004-08-05, 5:54 PM #2
I got my Wacom Tablet for $80 I think. It came with a few programs too. It's small but I like it.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-05, 6:05 PM #3
I've heard good things about Graphire 3 from Wacom, in fact, im getting one this weekend.

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-05, 6:17 PM #4
I'm looking into purchasing one too... it's a split between that and a new vid card, but art > gaming so I'll most likely go with the tablet.

I guess I'm willing to spend somewhere near 100 dollars... maybe a little more...

Depending upon size and stuff.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-06, 8:46 AM #5
*bumpity* simbachu, what do you use?

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-06, 6:21 PM #6
Graphire3 is AWESOME. /me huggles Graphire3

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-08-06, 6:33 PM #7
My graphire2 was one of the best investments I've ever made.

------------------
</sarcasm>
Want a free ipod?
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7439474
It actually works, too.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-08-06, 7:09 PM #8
I have an Intuos2 9x12 (Wacom), but I think it was a good deal more than $100. The Graphire is the less-advanced series, so I guess you could go for one of those or look for a smaller Intuos. Provided it's halfway decent, and you're into art, it will be worth every penny. I love mine.

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited August 06, 2004).]
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art

↑ Up to the top!