Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → noob - basic JK mod info request
noob - basic JK mod info request
2008-03-29, 5:43 AM #1
Hi, just played thru JK again, really cool game. Want to replay it again, but figured it might be even more fun to try user community mods. DL'd the large JK Enhanced package, looks awesome. However I also DL'd a few others, and here's my question -

You know in games like Morrowind you can "plug in" lots of different user mods, and when you play the game you see *all* of them at the same time. In JK, are things done differently? Like can you only use one mod at any one time? In other words, is it not possible to merge/combine mods so you play multiple mods at once. For instance, I really like the JK Enhanced package, but figured it might be nice to also see some other textures and different weapons and stuff from other community members during the same gameplay session.

Best regards, Robert.
2008-03-29, 6:18 AM #2
what is jk?
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-03-29, 6:21 AM #3
Well, you could always dump the mods under Resource directory or use JK Patch Commander... I think someone actually made a new version of the Patch Commander a few years ago but I never tried it.

Of course if there are conflicting resources it might get tricky. And stuff.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-03-29, 9:04 AM #4
You can use multiple mods at once. JK Patch Commander has a feature which prevents you from using conflicting mods (JK isn't exactly made for using multiple mods at once) and although the tool I made doesn't have that functionality (would slow it down too much, never figured out how to do it fast) it still allows for multiple mods in use at once.

2008-03-29, 11:33 AM #5
What is the name of the tool you wrote please? And where can I find it?

Thank you,
-Robert.
2008-03-29, 1:21 PM #6
Has anyone even fixed the Patch Commander EXE on the site?
2008-03-29, 1:56 PM #7
Patch Commander is obsolete. Use JKLauncher instead.

:)
2008-03-29, 2:04 PM #8
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Has anyone even fixed the Patch Commander EXE on the site?

I know what you mean. I googled for the exe, and found a working copy here -

http://www.jediknight.net/downloads/
2008-03-29, 2:06 PM #9
Originally posted by ZeqMacaw:

I would really like to try this. ATM, it appears the DL is an alpha version. I tried it, but it failed to run - error message was "cannot initialise"
2008-03-29, 2:24 PM #10
Originally posted by ZeqMacaw:

I just installed the dot net package. Unfortunately I get a microsoft error saying that it has to close jklauncher. no reason given, just it had to close it.
2008-03-29, 7:12 PM #11
:(

↑ Up to the top!