Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Locked out, ninja-style.
Locked out, ninja-style.
2004-08-06, 2:48 AM #1
Well, bugger.

I was going to feed my neighbour's pets, 'cause they buggered off to France for the day, and I lock myself out. "No worries" I thought to myself, "they've got a cut of our keys somewhere."

No they don't. So I panic a little, searching for the keys, and no dice. I then find a screwdriver and think about using it as a tension wrench, so long as I can find a hairpin or something... and then I think about what'll happen if I jam the lock. So that was a no-no.

Then, I find a window that's open. And big enough to crawl through, although it leads on to the roof. Well, it's better than being stuck outside. The roofs are adjoining, so I could just climb up on to ours. From there, I had two choices. Drop down and onto the patio, and pray those doors were unlocked, or climb in through a small window.

I took the small window into my sister's room. Thank kak it was open, really. Then I went around with my own keys and locked up.

Anyway, post your own ninjs-experiences!

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-06, 2:54 AM #2
hahaha
j00 r l33t n1nj4!
(=

------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-08-06, 3:55 AM #3
came home drunk, realised I didn't have my house keys and went to get the spare from under a rock out in the bushes round the back. was blind drunk and dropped the damn key down a half-metre drop full of undergrowth. took another half hour of searching to find it.

guess drunk ninjas don't get all that far in life...
2004-08-06, 5:49 AM #4
back when i used to have my paper route (yay no more) i'd forget my keys every once in a while, and or i'd forget to unlock the door. well one time after finishing the route, i got back, noticed i forgot both, and had to go in through a basement window that for some reason is mostly left unlocked
Quite fun

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-06, 6:50 AM #5
I was locked out of my house this one time. I had a screw driver and noticed that one of my windows actually could be unscrewed and taken down. So I didn't need a key or break something.

Damn. I didn't notice anyone could just do that and enter my house. :/

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-06, 7:49 AM #6
My ninja experiences involve sneaking around and in to other houses and causing a little havoc [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-06, 8:35 AM #7
I got locked out of my house once. I just threw gravel at my brother's window until he woke up and let me in.

/end of lame story/

------------------
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
2004-08-06, 11:38 AM #8
A few years ago I got locked out and ended up getting in through a bathroom window, only to discover the bathroom was completely distroyed. I'd forgotten that was the day my parents were having their bathroom redone.

Anyways, 15 minutes later, the front doorbell rings and a person is outside banging on the door. Another was around back doing the same. Confused, I looked outside cautiously, and found the the people were Cops. So I open the front door, and ask what was going on, at which point I'm accused of breaking and entering. Then I related my story and as I finished, my mom drove up. She provided the final say that I was, indeed, her son, and all was well.

I found out later that a new neighbor that had moved in a week before saw me, thought I was a robber or something, and called 911.

Yeah, that was a fun afternoon.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-07, 3:13 AM #9
I was once locked out of my house with Fishstickz, and we wandered around looking for a way in. I could either A. Climb ontop my deck, pull myself ontop the roof of the sun room, and then hope I could jurry rig my window open without falling 30 feet to my death, I could knock the screen out of the garage door window, climb in headfirst, and then fall six feet onto a concrete floor and use my head as a pillow, or call my mom from the neighbor's house. Lets just say I was halfway into the window before I realized it was a six foot drop... so I ended up calling my mom. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!