Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The greatest games/mods you have never played.
The greatest games/mods you have never played.
2008-04-05, 2:06 PM #1
Post all of the little known games that you love.

Escape Velocity Nova (Site Link)
I love this game, Its basicly the space jockey fantasy come to life. I have been playing since i was young and it took half an hour to load. It now takes 10 seconds... A shareware version can be downloaded off the site

Space Empires IV (Site Link) (Steam)
The best 4X game i have ever played, the complexity is brilliant and games can go on for weeks (Or years...) before any true winner comes forth. Very cheap and available on steam.

Audiosurf (Steam) (Sitelink)
A brilliant game that basicly turns your music into an arcadey racetrack. Hard to explain but very well done.

Synergy (Mod-Source) (Sitelink)
Basicly Sven-Coop but for HL2 with a couple changes, small community but getting bigger all the time.

Zombie Master (Mod-Source) (Sitelink)
A really well done HL2 mod where one player controls all the zombies from an RTS view and the other players try to complete objectives. Tiny but brotherly community.

Thats all i can think of right now, Posters please include some information with whatever games you post.
2008-04-05, 2:36 PM #2
posters. really? c'mon man.
2008-04-05, 2:44 PM #3
The greatest game I've never played?

Probably some drinking game.
nope.
2008-04-05, 2:50 PM #4
The greatest games/mods you have never played.

No one can participate in this thread because it's an oxymoron

We can't discuss the best games we have never played, because we have never played them.

Dumbass.
2008-04-05, 3:34 PM #5
Didn't you just make a thread?
2008-04-05, 3:36 PM #6
I've never played Deus Ex.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-04-05, 3:48 PM #7
Is there still a rule about him posting just 1 thread a week?

For all I know, Barbie's Malibu Adventure is the greatest game I've never played, and as Rob said, I've never played it so I don't know.
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-04-05, 4:01 PM #8
Russian Roulette. You should try it sometime. It works best if you do it with a semi-auto, full clip.
D E A T H
2008-04-05, 4:02 PM #9
if its semiauto you dont need an entire clip
:master::master::master:
2008-04-05, 4:06 PM #10
Originally posted by stat:
if its semiauto you dont need an entire clip

True.

And alwasy remember, safety first! If you don't turn it off then you can't play.
D E A T H
2008-04-05, 4:08 PM #11
No.

A revolver is a semi-auto too.

What you mean is an automatic.

Most automatic pistols don't have clips, they have magazines.

Holy **** at least give accurate suicide advice. I bet you tell people to cut across the street too.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-04-05, 4:14 PM #12
Originally posted by Spook:
No.

A revolver is a semi-auto too.

What you mean is an automatic.

Most automatic pistols don't have clips, they have magazines.

Holy **** at least give accurate suicide advice. I bet you tell people to cut across the street too.

Depends on the revolver. Either way I suggested he played alone, so it was sound advice.
D E A T H
2008-04-05, 4:25 PM #13
I have an automatic revolver.:hist101:
2008-04-05, 4:27 PM #14
Originally posted by wikipedia:
A double-action revolver also requires only a trigger pull for each round that is fired but is not considered semi-automatic. The difference in a double-action revolver is that the act of pulling the trigger also rotates the cylinder moving the next round into position. Semi-automatic function uses the recoil force generated by the last fired cartridge combined with spring action in the firearm to ready the next round to be fired.

free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-04-05, 5:20 PM #15
Originally posted by landfish:

That ignores things like gas op systems.
2008-04-05, 5:21 PM #16
wikipedia is an untrustworthy source :eng101:
:master::master::master:
2008-04-05, 5:32 PM #17
Also, hello, thread count?

His sheets are getting much too soft.
2008-04-05, 5:52 PM #18
Facewound

2008-04-05, 5:53 PM #19
Man, that diss went to hell fast.
2008-04-05, 5:57 PM #20
Originally posted by Roach:
Is there still a rule about him posting just 1 thread a week?

For all I know, Barbie's Malibu Adventure is the greatest game I've never played, and as Rob said, I've never played it so I don't know.

There still is.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-04-05, 6:55 PM #21
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
There still is.

Then I say enforce it.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-04-05, 8:31 PM #22
This might be an unpopular opinion, but... neither of his threads is really, really offensively bad. Maybe a strict limit on TE threads isn't quite as necessary anymore.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-04-05, 8:37 PM #23
Yeah, this is actually a pretty good thread. TE actually mentioned some really good titles.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-05, 10:35 PM #24
I apologize, I wasn't away that using a commonly used phrase in an attempt to find some little known yet good games was so offensive to this community.

You have my humble apologies.
2008-04-05, 11:26 PM #25
I just spent all night playing Synergy because of this thread. I had never heard of it. You guys should stop whining about a grammar error. Anyway, this thread is a place to put good stuff you don't think other people have played. If an admin wanted to actually do something useful theyed just delete the threadcrapping here.

o.0
2008-04-06, 2:02 AM #26
Originally posted by Spook:
That ignores things like gas op systems.

Revolvers have no such thing. Revolvers are not auto-anything.
omnia mea mecum porto
2008-04-06, 2:04 AM #27
I've not played Bioshock yet, but that's definately on my list of games-I'm-going-to-buy-after-exams. That said, I bought Assassin's Creed on hype and I was a tiny tiny bit dissapointed. It got fairly repetitive and almost boring near the end. :-(
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-04-06, 2:13 AM #28
HAHAHA AMERICANS ARE TALKING ABOUT GUNS BECAUSE THEY KILL PEOPLE SUCH HORRIBLE MONSTERS [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif] [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif]

Obligatory fanservice aside, really great games that probably are really FGRtastic in a Deus Ex-mungous fashion but I've never got around to playing them (yet I actually own/have some of these):

-Planescape Torment
-Anachronox
-System Shock 1
-Galactic Civilizations II
-Mass Effect
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment
-Planescape Torment

EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY PLANESCAPE TORMENT IT SEEMS TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE IN ALL TIME
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-04-06, 2:16 AM #29
Originally posted by Roach:
Revolvers have no such thing. Revolvers are not auto-anything.

You're right, they're semiautomatic.

http://mw4.m-w.com/dictionary/semiautomatic

Most rednecks that pick up a revolver call it semiautomatic, because it fits the bill. Partly automatic (you are not rotating the cylinder by hand) and partly manual (a trigger press is required for each round fired).

You can argue finer points of Samuel Colt's history or what have you but in the end, the firing works like a semi-automatic. Press bang reset press bang reset. The revolver, however, is not an automatic. I don't know why they call magazine fed pistols automatics, but thats the way it is at most gun clubs. Not saying it's sensible, but that's the prevailing terminology.

But I see what you're saying.

On topic. I'm sorry TE, I wasn't bashing you. Apparently the sarcasm I was trying to convey, through comparing your thread posting to the number of threads in a given inch of bedsheets, was an overthrown pass.
2008-04-06, 2:28 AM #30
Nah it wasn't you, it was rob and such.
2008-04-06, 4:46 AM #31
street fighter 2 - I loved that game but didn't have a SNES
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-04-06, 12:10 PM #32
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
A brilliant game that basicly turns your music into an arcadey racetrack. Hard to explain but very well done.

This is very awesome. Thanks for introducing it to me, as I'll probably be buying this now. It's like F-Zero, Guitar Hero, and Mario Kart's Rainbow Road track all got together and decided to pour their awesomeness into one big cauldron of PC goodness.

Also, I'd like to add that TE's posts as of late have been far more tame and well-within reason.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2008-04-06, 2:59 PM #33
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

I highly recommend playing this with Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King", and Dream Theater's "Fatal Tragedy".
I'm just a little boy.
2008-04-06, 3:13 PM #34
the only games you will need are earth defence force

↑ Up to the top!