Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Wii
2008-04-11, 1:30 AM #1
Well, I got the game yesterday and played a few hours and it's really great. I've still got to decide whether I like playing with the Gamecube controller or the Wiimote+Nunchuk more.
The Wii Wheel is not so good, it's little more sloppy than using a joystick and because you steer and do stunts in more or less the same way you may and up off the track when you just tried to do a stunt.
It seems to be faster than Mario Kart 64. There's also more action, because you lose all your items when you're hit or fall down so you have an incentive to use them early and not save them.

Well, as I said, the game is really great. At least, that was my opinion until I tried it out online where it went to OMG OMG AWESOME AWESOMGASMIC!!!!!!!!111111 :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
It's so much better to play against real humans. It becomse so much faster and more exciting. I hardly could get any sleep last night because I just wanted to play one race online. Then I got stuck on it.

So, any Eurosassians already got it and want to share Friend Codes? As far as I know there are different codes for the console than for the game itself, but it's supposed to be easy to add friends in the game you already added to the console.
My console Friend Code is: 6289 1139 1427 3589
Sorry for the lousy German
2008-04-11, 2:09 AM #2
It's out?

I was never really into Mario Kart anyway... I thought Mario Kart 64 blew, especially compared to Crash Team Racing.
2008-04-11, 2:13 AM #3
o_O
Wow... just wow.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-04-11, 2:21 AM #4
It's officially released today in Europe and on the 27th in America.
Sorry for the lousy German
2008-04-11, 4:32 AM #5
Imports FTW
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2008-04-11, 7:13 AM #6
I know graphics don't make a game, but damn, they should have atleast tried to have it look somewhat different from early Gamecube games.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-04-11, 7:31 AM #7
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
It's out?

I was never really into Mario Kart anyway... I thought Mario Kart 64 blew, especially compared to Crash Team Racing.

Get out.

I'm pretty excited to get this, but I'm still full tilt in Brawl at the moment, so I know if I buy it it won't get played.
2008-04-11, 7:53 AM #8
Well, I'm American, but if I DID have it....*cough*.....

I thought it was very standard Mario Kart fare. Same comeback AI tendencies. Some of the items are just absolutely absurd (like the bullet bill). that shot me from 12th to 3rd in one race.

And MP...don't get me started. What ever happened to being able to play someone 1 on 1 in battle mode? You are forced to play teams now (at least I haven't figured out a way to go 1 on 1). And also, with teh balloons, apparently once your 3 are up, you don't die....you just respawn with three more. There's no incentive to actually drive carefully.

I can say that I like some of the new maps, but otherwise, i really thought the game was standard. I was pleasantly surprised though at how responsive the wiimote controls were, so that's a plus. But yeah, Brawl is definitley the better game.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-04-11, 8:17 AM #9
it is about damn time you yanks had to wait longer than us in europe and australia for a maor video game.

/BitterPALregioner
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2008-04-11, 9:44 AM #10
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Get out.

I'm pretty excited to get this, but I'm still full tilt in Brawl at the moment, so I know if I buy it it won't get played.

Brawl was a huge letdown for me. It's fun with my friends (i dunno about online play) but single player is so boring. I did the Emissary(sp?) in like 6 hours, and the classic mode just isnt as good as it used to be. N64 still rules all.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-04-11, 12:18 PM #11
Battle Mode has always been my favorite part of Mario Kart, and I hear it's terrible now. I'm perfectly content to stick with 64.

Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Brawl was a huge letdown for me. It's fun with my friends (i dunno about online play) but single player is so boring. I did the Emissary(sp?) in like 6 hours, and the classic mode just isnt as good as it used to be. N64 still rules all.

Smash Brothers has ALWAYS been about the multiplayer.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-04-11, 12:51 PM #12
Originally posted by alpha1:
it is about damn time you yanks had to wait longer than us in europe and australia for a maor video game.

I don't really understand why it's so bad to wait a while for some game, unless you're about to die and desperately want to play that game in your lifetime or something.

Then again, I usually wait up to a year and get them from the bargain bin. :P
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-04-11, 1:06 PM #13
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Get out.

But he's right. Mariokart 64 was fun, but CTR was far superior. Diddy kong racing was better than mariokart too.
nope.
2008-04-11, 1:19 PM #14
I might go as far as to suggest CTR is the best kart racing game of all time, but I haven't really played them all.
2008-04-11, 1:36 PM #15
I'd probably agree with that to be honest.
nope.
2008-04-11, 1:45 PM #16
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Diddy kong racing was better than mariokart too.

I'm sorry but Dddy Kong Racing was just one frustrating experience after another. The AI does some cheap move or something in the course puts you back and pretty much you are doomed because the powers don't help at all.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!