Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need good games...
I need good games...
2004-08-04, 12:00 PM #1
Just tired of my games, I need a new one, a free one, like Americas Army, and one with good ai, where you fight with allies and not multiplayer, demos do count as well.

------------------
"Computer are useless, all they can give you are answers"/Pablo Piacasso
Nothing to see here, move along.
2004-08-04, 12:03 PM #2
Other than America's army, you can't get any good modern-engine Fps games for free, unless you're into warez or something like that.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-04, 12:47 PM #3
Rather than free you can get really cheap games in bargain bins in games stores - I'm sure you pick up something like Serious Sam for a fiver or so.

Me, I've just installed Homeworld - cost me five quid. Whether or not I play it a lot doesn't matter, because it's a spit in the ocean! You can though check out www.download.com for demos - there's plenty to be looking at! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-04, 1:01 PM #4
Martyn's right. You can't really get too many good games for free. But like he said, even the best games find their way into the bargain bin sooner or later. And those are thus real gold mines. Of course, the best games are always picked first, so be sharp.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-08-04, 1:09 PM #5
I got RCTW in the parking lot outside of Comp-usa once under very favourable circumstances. Someone must have opened the package before they got to their car and dropped the cd package and not realized it.

Their loss was my gain.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-04, 1:23 PM #6
Did you say "Yoink"? Because if you didn't then that's stealing and stealing is bad and you'll die and you'll go to hell and you'll burn [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-08-04, 1:28 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:
Did you say "Yoink"? Because if you didn't then that's stealing and stealing is bad and you'll die and you'll go to hell and you'll burn [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

finders keepers.

If you found a dollar laying on the ground, would you keep it? It's really no different.

Remember back in grade school when you were told to turn in money when you found it and if no one claimed it you could keep it? Well, thats f***ing stupid, and anyone who follows that deserves to have everything stolen from them. Of course people are going to line up to claim it even if it wasn't theirs to begin with, (I guarantee it) so you may as well keep it for yourself.

------------------
2004-08-04, 1:33 PM #8
hehe Page, maybe you missed my joke so I'll let you in on a wee secret...

...[whisper]It's not stealing if you say "Yoink"![/whisper]

[whisper]unless it's an alcoholic beverage, and that's always stealing[/whisper]

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-08-04, 1:51 PM #9
doom3... here's how to get it free... wait until sometime around 3am to make sure the store is most likely empty... wear something that covers your face and fingertips... take a brick...

now... throw brick at glass door, run to the computer games, grab doom3, and try to run before anyone shows up to stop you

if they catch you tell them the devil made you do it

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-04, 1:53 PM #10
When the cops come just say "yoink!" - everybody will laugh.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-04, 2:13 PM #11
Jim's got it all wrong. Yes, you do wear something covers your face and fingertips. Now, wait outside a software store with a brick. When it closes, use the brick to knock out the guy who closed the store, steal his keys, and then ransom them for a copy of DooM3.

Genius, yes?

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-04, 2:19 PM #12
But don't forget to say yoink when you take the keys...

...gah, you guys will just never learn! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-08-04, 4:17 PM #13
While we're on the subject of stealing Doom3,

only stupid people shoplift software in its physical form... most people that want it for free just go home and warez it.

------------------
2004-08-04, 4:31 PM #14
no... only lazy nerds warez it... it takes skill to steal it in it's physical form... and requires going outside...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-08-04, 4:31 PM #15
well there is that one 64kb fps

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-04, 4:32 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Genki:
well there is that one 64kb fps

</font>

speaking of which... link? now that i have a good machine i want to try it out

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-08-04, 6:10 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
no... only lazy nerds warez it... it takes skill to steal it in it's physical form... and requires going outside...

</font>

It's probably much safer to warez it.. no security guards running after you, for one thing. Security guards are just wanna-be cops, but they are a nusiance. If real cops show up, you're in real deep s***.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 04, 2004).]
2004-08-04, 6:15 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

speaking of which... link? now that i have a good machine i want to try it out

</font>

http://www.theprodukkt.com/kkrieger.html#dload

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-04, 6:16 PM #19
...unless it says in the liscence 'agreement' for that 32kb installer, at the bottom it says:

"This is a ****ing trojan you *** "

It's happened many times to my friends. (Sorry if the censor is bad and dosen't pick some of this up)

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-04, 6:17 PM #20
Or you could just get a freaking job and buy the damned game. Jesus. All this talk about stealing and yoinking.

Let's not forget about Tribes and Tribes 2 right now. Both have singleplayer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-08-04, 6:30 PM #21
Just buy FarCry. If it's 30, it's 30 bucks well spent for the singleplayer action. Good tactical fun.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-04, 6:31 PM #22
Ground Control is also for free too. That has single player.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-04, 6:33 PM #23
I cant get that small file game to work...

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-05, 9:44 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overlord:
I cant get that small file game to work...

</font>

it's not all that great as a game but as a demonstration of what you can do with 100KB...

and i think it actually requires a DX9 card or at least has a pixel shader requirement

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-08-05, 10:48 AM #25
Nah, you dont need a DX9 card, I have a DX 7 or 8 card, doesnt even run Call Of Duty, but I can run that 100kb game

My video card is a 64 mb SiS Xabre, crap of the line, and it runs it

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-08-05, 11:10 AM #26
I agree with Pagewizard, but if you are going to warez it... you still have to say Yoink.

And I always wear a mask and gloves whilst doing illegal computer activity. That way, if they trace my IP they'll never figure out who I am! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2004-08-05, 12:41 PM #27
<3!!

About time somebody got it!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-08-05, 12:46 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
finders keepers.

If you found a dollar laying on the ground, would you keep it? It's really no different.

Remember back in grade school when you were told to turn in money when you found it and if no one claimed it you could keep it? Well, thats f***ing stupid, and anyone who follows that deserves to have everything stolen from them. Of course people are going to line up to claim it even if it wasn't theirs to begin with, (I guarantee it) so you may as well keep it for yourself.

</font>

I found a £20 note once whilst out with a mate and his Dad... told his Dad and gave it to him. It likely became his unfortunately, but doing the right thing (in a way) felt good.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-07, 11:47 AM #29
Err, even if I did have money, there has not been one single new game in this part of Mexico for 6 months!!! And the prices, 70 bucks for rise of nations!

------------------
"Computer are useless, all they can give you are answers"/Pablo Piacasso
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!