Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wow, shipping from SVC is expensive...
Wow, shipping from SVC is expensive...
2008-04-13, 2:47 PM #1
...but the prices are so good, I'm tempted to order anyway. I think I got free shipping last time I ordered from them, but I can't find a coupon code..

I snagged an Ultra Gladiator case for $29.90 shipped (w/350w power supply) from Outpost.com - the power supply is going in my old case, which will house my brother's system (currently spilling out of a mATX case...due to the Arctic Freezer HSF, neither the case cover nor optical drive will fit..heh). My new case has a window, so I'm thinking about running UV light inside just for kicks..

Some of this stuff I'm getting just because it's cheap - extra thumbscrews and fan grills, etc..the only thing I really need is the HSF for my C2D (I want a better HSF before I overclock more)...but it's just so cheap.. :P

Revised order:

Removed lame fan grills and screws per Emon's recommendation - we'll give my brother plain aluminum ones. :P

Vastech Aluminum Silver Anodized Thumbscrews - 10 Pack - $0.99 x3 = $2.97

Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - OEM 42CFM 22dBA - $3.49 x2 = $6.98

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler for LGA775 - $24.99 x1 = $24.99

Vastech UV Black Sleeving Kit - $2.99 x1 = $2.99

AVC 80 x 20mm 4-Pin PWM Fan w/ LGA775 Bracket 59CFM 46dBA - $0.99 x2 = $1.98

Vastech 18" UV Blue SATA Cable - $0.99 x4 = $3.96

Logisys CLK12UV UV 12" Single Cold Cathode Light Kit - $4.99 x1 = $4.99

SVC Laser Cut 120mm "Turbine" Grill - Jet Black - $0.10 x1 = $0.10

80mm Laser Cut Aluminum Grille - Dragon - $0.25 x1 = $0.25

$11.08 UPS Ground shipping
woot!
2008-04-13, 2:52 PM #2
Why are you buying lame thumb screws and extremely lame fan grilles? Biohazard? Ugh!

Not to mention all those fan grilles do a poor job of actually blocking fingers from going into the fan while doing a good job of preventing airflow.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-13, 2:55 PM #3
Originally posted by Emon:
Why are you buying lame thumb screws and extremely lame fan grilles? Biohazard? Ugh!

Not to mention all those fan grilles do a poor job of actually blocking fingers from going into the fan while doing a good job of preventing airflow.

The lame thumb screws are for my younger brother...the fan grills are just because they're $0.10..though I suppose I could eliminate them and donate to the server costs instead... :ninja:

Edit: Shipping drops fast when removing many cheap items..hmm. I didn't realize these were 120mm fan grills, thereby being nearly useless to me. I kept one 'Turbine' grill...shipping dropped to $11.08.

Edit 2.0: Revised above post to reflect current cart contents. I'm tempted to get a front-panel LCD temp/fan controller, but I can't justify spending that when I already have one that works fine..
woot!
2008-04-13, 5:48 PM #4
what's so lame about the thumb screws?
2008-04-13, 5:50 PM #5
He had skull thumbscrews on there before.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-13, 6:46 PM #6
Originally posted by ragna:
what's so lame about the thumb screws?

What Emon said. But they weren't for me! :argh:
woot!

↑ Up to the top!