Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → all about me
all about me
2008-04-13, 9:22 PM #1
Okay can I just say here that yesterday I had my Junior Recital and Charm Jam (which is the big concert my a cappella group does and I'm the music director) yeah both in the same day. So the two big things I have looming over my head are done! Now all I have are finals (which will be a cake walk after this) and in 6 days I'm going to be in Vienna! This semester I've taken 25 credit hours, music directed a group, prepared for a Junior recital, done work study, been a TA and a tutor and had a whole lot of personal stuff dumped on me. So this post in in celebration that I've survived and the end is in sight.

Oh, and my a cappella group is now on youtube! Though it's a terrible recording because it was impromptu and some people are missing and some are screaming their parts. Still!

SO why do you guys care? Well you don't, but I'm going to be talking about it anyway, so I figured I talk about it in my own thread where people have the option of clicking it instead of me trying to bring it up in every conversation.

I SURVIVED! VIENNA IN 6 DAYS, THEN A KICK *** SUMMER JOB

(oh yeah, by the way, through a combination of stressful incidents and a long shot, I am now the Marketing Supervisor for Six Flags in MD, which is a paid position AND counts for internship credit. So HURRAH for that too!)

Thanks for your attention :)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-04-13, 9:29 PM #2
tl;dr

No but really congrats ;)
2008-04-13, 9:33 PM #3
That's a busy *** semester. Congrats on getting through it.
Pissed Off?
2008-04-13, 9:36 PM #4
Yay for you!

This is further proof that music majors are insane and also superhuman.

Are we going to get a link to the youtube thing?
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2008-04-13, 9:36 PM #5
Congratulations. I have two massive semester long projects due tomorrow. One I have to present at 12 PM, the other is due at 11:59 PM.

Once those are over with I just have finals, the first of which is Tuesday. Really looking forward to have these projects over with.
2008-04-13, 9:39 PM #6
I have a 60-90 minute group presentation on Wednesday for professional communications. We're talking about listening. :psyduck:

I need to come up with a 15-30 minute activity for it...so far I've come up blank...

Anyways, Vienna is probably going to be awesome, have fun!
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-13, 9:39 PM #7
Originally posted by sugarless5:
Oh, and my a cappella group is now on youtube! Though it's a terrible recording because it was impromptu and some people are missing and some are screaming their parts. Still!

I demand said link to youtube.
2008-04-13, 9:44 PM #8
it's not a good recording. I could give you guys a laundry list of things that are wrong with it. I'd want you guys to actually think we're good

And good luck Emon!
2008-04-13, 9:46 PM #9
Come on....
2008-04-13, 10:33 PM #10
Thats really cool..

..but now I feel all :smith: because you just totally kicked my *** in surviving college. I just withdrew from accounting because I thought 20 credit hours was too much. So then I come on here and see this..I think if I had done all that I would just have to
:suicide:

Congrats on surviving.
2008-04-13, 10:42 PM #11
yeah, I feel like I've achieved nothing with my life now....

congratulations though, that all sounds very impressive
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-04-13, 10:46 PM #12
Huzzah! It always feels great the moment you get a lot of pressure lifted from your shoulders, eh? I wrote my 2nd last exam yesterday. I have nothing left until my last exam in a week. So I'm going to start eating and getting back into shape again. I go through this horrible period where I eat a meal a day and don't work out when I'm stressed about essays and exams.
2008-04-13, 11:04 PM #13
Congrats... Vienna sounds nice
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2008-04-13, 11:21 PM #14
So, where's the Youtube link?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-04-14, 1:00 AM #15
wow, that's alot of things done

I have the week off then final exams. After my last exam in the beginning of May, I'll be working full-time as an intern at a small (~25 people) software company. I'll be working there for 16 months (!!!). I have no idea how life is going to be outside of school; I think I have a lot of growing up to do now.
2008-04-14, 5:38 AM #16
Youtube link!

Also: Marketing Supervisor! That's great! I knew you were there, but I didn't know they made you Queen! *happydudance*

Vienna should be awesome. Take lots of pictures and have le fun! That's French for "fun."

hart sugarless.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-04-14, 9:54 AM #17
Honestly it wasn't hard to find. :colbert:

nope.
2008-04-14, 10:55 AM #18
Stalkr
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-04-14, 11:02 AM #19
That's great! Congratulations on your job and getting so much accomplished. Make sure you enjoy your time in Vienna. ;) Hard work pays off sometimes, huh?
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-04-14, 11:08 AM #20
Originally posted by happydud:
Stalkr

I searched A capella charm and it came up.

:P
nope.
2008-04-14, 3:18 PM #21
again, that was just us going crazy. Should I ever get a copy of the Jam recording, I'll post it
2008-04-14, 7:37 PM #22
I was hoping to hear raucous applause at the end, but it got cut off. :-(

Vienna... is that where they make those little sausages?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."

↑ Up to the top!