Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, what do you do in this situation?
So, what do you do in this situation?
2008-04-14, 10:26 AM #1
Someone at my work told me to sign up for LinkedIn. So I did. Now all the people I like at my work are on my LinkedIn connection list. Today I got a request from one of the managers at my work who I don't really like. So I'd rather not be associated with him, but if I deny the request, will he screw me over at work? I'm not sure what I should do. I guess I could add him and then if I ever quit/leave/get fired I could delete him off the list. Hrm.
2008-04-14, 11:02 AM #2
Try to play it off as a joke, or ignore the entire linkedin thing, then say you don't use it very often? I dunno, awkward to the max.
D E A T H
2008-04-14, 11:05 AM #3
I would just add him and then ignore it.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2008-04-14, 11:12 AM #4
Easy, accept his invitation and install a keylogger into his computer via an email attachment. Get his credit card number and order a plastic blow-up doll, through an internet proxy, to one of the P.O.Box's down at the local post offices. Usually a P.O.Box is too small to house the inflatable sex-doll package so you have to remember the box number, go to the counter and say that you need to pick an "oversized" delivery. Chances are they are too busy to mind you and give you the goods.

Now with the doll, write the name of generic female woman with a black permanent marker on the front and put it outside his house, like at the front door. Do it in the middle of the night. Choose something with many syllables so it can't be mistaken for a guy in Manhattan (unless he happens to be homosexual, then go for it). He will be confused but not sure if he should bring it up to police or local authorities. He would know someone took his credit card number but not sure if he should report someone ordering an inflatable sex doll that HAPPENS to be at his house.

Now likely he would keep it under. Now at the office, casually converse with local workers infront of him and, briefly and without an indication of intention, mention how there is a "keylogger virus going around". Points if you mention how you got said "virus" and quickly know how to "dispose of it" before it does any "damage." He might pick it up and call you out to help him. Help him get rid of the keylogger and you'll probably be on his good side since you helped him out with this "private matter".

Now "birth" a female daughter. She doesn't even have to physically exist, you just "have" this girl. Name the girl the same name you wrote on the inflatable sex doll thus allowing you to use that name around the office "due to coincidences." It will unnerve him a bit every week and will keep him in check if he gives you any sh**.

That's what you should do Brian.

[sub]And no, I'm not serious.[/sub]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-04-14, 11:32 AM #5
I"ll put it this way.

Once my ex-gf's best friend tried to add me as a friend on facebook, I stopped using facebook for a long while to free me of any association with her.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-04-14, 11:36 AM #6
Since LinkedIn is about professional connections, I would add him anyway. Especially if you think it could jeopardize things in your current job. You can always remove him later.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-14, 12:09 PM #7
I'm actually quite the fan of Echoman's post.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-04-14, 12:46 PM #8
Originally posted by Brian:
Someone at my work told me to sign up for LinkedIn. So I did. Now all the people I like at my work are on my LinkedIn connection list. Today I got a request from one of the managers at my work who I don't really like. So I'd rather not be associated with him, but if I deny the request, will he screw me over at work? I'm not sure what I should do. I guess I could add him and then if I ever quit/leave/get fired I could delete him off the list. Hrm.

Why does it matter so much (a question which isn't meant in the harsh manner it may sound)? Are you actually planning to use the site for its intended use or are you and your friends from work just kind of playing around with it? Do you think anyone would take it seriously if their request was denied?

I would say that if you are using, or plan to, the networking aspects of the site, add him. You don't have to like somebody to explore a possible benefit from knowing them. If this site seems very important to people in your office and you think he would take offense and could somehow give you grief (which seems extremely petty and I don't know if you have any inkling that he would be so petty) then add him.

If this is just the latest flavor of the month and you guys are just a bunch of techno-savvy nerds (no offense intended) playing around with it then I wouldn't worry much about it. Especially if you pretty much walk on water at work and have managers that would support you over another's pettiness.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-04-14, 12:50 PM #9
You think its bad that he wants to add you? Wait til you start getting annoying e-mails from annoying co-workers
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!