Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help me find some headphones!
Help me find some headphones!
2008-04-14, 11:44 AM #1
I need a new set of headphones to use with my phone and it's headset adapter. I would prefer to have something like this: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665376489

I HAVE to have this type of earbud, a regular earbud is too big for my ears and is very painful to wear for more than a few minutes. Here's the catch though, I need a 1ft cord to work comfortably with the headphone adapter of my phone. The adapter itself is about 3ft long, any extra length is just way too much.

So, how about 'ians? Got any ideas?
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2008-04-14, 11:48 AM #2
If you just want a headset, this will block out noise crazy good.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-14, 11:49 AM #3
Or one of these
http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Headsets/QuietSpot/index.htm
2008-04-14, 12:06 PM #4
I should've given more details in my original post. I need stereo headphones for listening to music. I suppose I'm not willing to pay more than $40 or so. Otherwise I'll just wrap up the LONG cord I currently have.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2008-04-14, 12:09 PM #5
Nothing will have less than a 3 foot cord. You're going to need either a new adapter or wrap up the cable with a rubber band or twist tie.
2008-04-14, 12:16 PM #6
40 bucks? My skull candy IEM's are okay, good for day to day usage if you're wanting something that can deliver good bass, and decent mids/highs (not great though). 10 bucks if you shop around too.
D E A T H
2008-04-14, 12:18 PM #7
Sony has some of their EX series headphones with a 1.6ft cord, that also come with a 3ft extension cord. That's almost perfect, and I suppose I may have to work with that. Would it be feasible to shorten the cord myself? If so, how would I go about doing so?
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2008-04-14, 12:28 PM #8
Why is the adapter so long? Can't you buy another one that is much shorter?

I would only consider shortening the cord to be feasible if you are very confident in your ability with soldering small wires. The wires in headphones are generally rather small and coated with lacquer for insulation, it's a pain.
2008-04-14, 12:47 PM #9
Shortening it myself is out, I don't really have much experience with it. The adapter is so long because it has a built in microphone that needs to be placed somewhat close to your mouth. This allows it to be used as a traditional headset and a stereo headset while being able to choose what 'phones you use. Nice, but hard to find a short cord.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2008-04-14, 2:13 PM #10
Originally posted by Emon:
Nothing will have less than a 3 foot cord. You're going to need either a new adapter or wrap up the cable with a rubber band or twist tie.

uhm... wrong

some heaphones have short cables and come with an extension (EX71 for example)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-04-14, 5:37 PM #11
Yes, apparently so. I didn't think they made them that short though.
2008-04-14, 8:48 PM #12
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
uhm... wrong

some heaphones have short cables and come with an extension (EX71 for example)

Any others you know of that have the short cable (preferably about 1ft)? I like these, but they are a bit expensive.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2008-04-15, 3:27 PM #13
a lot of headphones from asia are short corded and include extensions which is nice. the short cord is used when the music player is in the breast pocket. if you're really desperate, you can try buying headphones from an import store :-P
2008-04-15, 3:35 PM #14
Originally posted by Crimson:
Any others you know of that have the short cable (preferably about 1ft)? I like these, but they are a bit expensive.

$25 and you can have mine
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-04-15, 9:51 PM #15
Ragna, any links to these import stores? I'm ignorant.

DrkJedi82, what kind do you have?
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today

↑ Up to the top!