Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → STAR WARS Fanfilm
STAR WARS Fanfilm
2004-08-06, 9:29 AM #1
Greetings,

My name is Alfredo. I am making a Star Wars fanfilm using bluescreening, but I lack of the skills with 3D modelling to render the environments. I want to know if there is anyone here with those skills and willing to join the crew of the movie as backgrounds modeller. Send me an E-Mail to chartlonheston@hotmail.com

Thank you, and may the Force be with you.
2004-08-06, 9:31 AM #2
I know people model here, but I don't know how in-depth and detailed they can go with 3d (or want to spend so much time.)

Good luck.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-06, 2:17 PM #3
Just have one of the JA editors make your backgrounds in JA, then take render-shots that way, with the screenshots in-game.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-06, 2:21 PM #4
I might be able to do something from Bryce... But first, I'd like to see some scetches of the place you have in mind.
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-08-06, 4:10 PM #5
First off: I hope you have great loads of experience bluescreening, because it's quite more difficult than you think. Make sure you've lit the whole thing consistantly, or be prepared for bad outcomes.

Second: I'm not so sure you want 3d enviroments for this. Try to keep it as simple as possible.
As simple as possible. AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. Then, when you do more than simple, you can be proud.

Just a couple of words of wisdom from a RTVF major....

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-08-06, 5:11 PM #6
May the force be with you too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-08-06, 5:53 PM #7
Take a hint from the prequels - less fake, more real.

Not trying to rain on your parade, though. Fanfilms are awesome; I wish someone would do one about Firefly...

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-07, 6:12 AM #8
I know that 3D environments can bring problems, but if you have an easier way to have the Jedi Academy of Yavin IV in my fanfilm, tell me...

The problem is, mainly, that I will not make a single shot, so I cannot use a photo. I need to film from different angles, and I can do it just if I use a 3D map.

My idea was precisely that someone used the environments from JA. I can't do it by myself because I have not idea abotu how to do it.
2004-08-07, 6:16 AM #9
I'm just not sure JA is realistic looking enough for you... :x

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-07, 6:38 AM #10
Yeah, you might want to use a renderer that doesn't have to worry about outputting graphics in realtime.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-08-07, 11:39 AM #11
You should look at my work, I got an entire fleet of jedi starfighter fighting froidfighters, and it look real enough.

------------------
"Computer are useless, all they can give you are answers"/Pablo Piacasso
Nothing to see here, move along.
2004-08-07, 3:24 PM #12
Then...post them?

[opps. Thought you were the topic started. Nevermind]
------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited August 07, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-07, 4:37 PM #13
Greenscreen > bluescreen.

Really. Bright green... like on Whose Line Is It Anyway. Bright colors just work better.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 07, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!