Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → yay for import gaming and fast overseas mail
yay for import gaming and fast overseas mail
2008-04-17, 6:51 PM #1
I orderd super smash bros brawl on ebay from the US on the eighth, and it arrived yesterday. with my freeloader, I am now playing brawl early. yay for the ACCC ruling that import gaming, and devices for the purposes of allowing one to play things bought legaly overseas (which includes modchips and freeloader type devices), is legal.

So to any other PAL gamers out there, esp. those in places where the freeloader is hard to get (I got mine in a "game traders" store), all I have to say to you is :P , and that brawl is very fun to play.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2008-04-17, 7:09 PM #2
Why not just...wait for it to come out.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-04-17, 7:18 PM #3
Because Australia gets royally screwed when it comes to game releases.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-04-17, 7:41 PM #4
Haha sucker, you bought the Freeloader.

Enjoy the disk when it's rendered useless via firmware update (which despite them saying over and over can't happen, probably will).

And of course, that's ignoring the fact that there's a free way of playing import games now.
2008-04-17, 7:51 PM #5
but is said way available in australia?
2008-04-17, 7:52 PM #6
Yes... (assuming you still have internets in Aussieland)
2008-04-17, 7:58 PM #7
most of what I have found so far is an outdated disc swap trick that only worked for imported GCN games on the wii, and i say outdated because it seems that it was fixed.
2008-04-17, 9:55 PM #8
Nope, it's part of the new homebrew software that's been coming out.
2008-04-18, 6:35 PM #9
anime game wont buy
2008-04-18, 6:36 PM #10
might get an r4 though does anyone have one of those?
2008-04-19, 4:22 AM #11
Originally posted by alpha1:
I orderd super smash bros brawl on ebay from the US on the eighth, and it arrived yesterday. with my freeloader, I am now playing brawl early. yay for the ACCC ruling that import gaming, and devices for the purposes of allowing one to play things bought legaly overseas (which includes modchips and freeloader type devices), is legal.

Yay.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-04-19, 10:14 PM #12
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Nope, it's part of the new homebrew software that's been coming out.

too bad that people with PAL region wii's have a whole lot of trouble making modchipless homebrew work to play NTSC games.

↑ Up to the top!