Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My first 'big' accomplishment.
My first 'big' accomplishment.
2004-07-31, 7:40 PM #1
o-O This being it, makes my life sad.

http://home.neo.rr.com/jaspalidori/JAS/puzzle.html

I'm the one who solved this (See the bottom of page, where it says "SOLVED" or whatever) So I feel kind of special about it >_> It's too late now, but there are grammatical errors and things JAS_Paladori forgot to mention in the directions, but that's ok I guess. I'll tell him tomorow.

So yeah, since this is for JK just though I'd mention it...

Remember, fasten your beltseats.

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-31, 7:58 PM #2
Cool.

------------------
Brian's Web Log is CLOSED.
2004-07-31, 8:17 PM #3
I swear I've done that one before ithout thermals

Oh, and that yellow text is brutal

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited July 31, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-07-31, 10:45 PM #4
I was going to say "mine jump" but seeing as how the only possible option for level 2 is thermals, I settled on that. And whaddya know ...

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-01, 3:21 AM #5
I don't get it. Isn't that how you're suppose to get there?

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-08-01, 4:21 AM #6
I don't think that I remember secret, where was it again?
2004-08-01, 4:26 AM #7
You can fall onto that box from above, as well. It's 10x easier, too. Just takes some articulate falling.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-01, 4:45 AM #8
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's how I did it... It's like the secret at the end of the first level, with that big room with all the boxes... you just have to jump down from above.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-01, 5:30 AM #9
It's on level two at the mid end. There's a door you open with a switch, and there's boxes in the next room. About 4 or 5 guards below you. Jump down, kill guards, turn left, go up box stair things, jump across to the other boxes, and kill the guy there. then there's an enclave on your right, go there and do the thermal jump. :S I don't think it's the one you guys are talking about. Direct me to a JK movie maker thing and I'll show you.

ALSO NOTE: I don't think there are thermals on level one either [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

ANOTHER NOTE: You need to use IE because that website was made from scratch, and isn't firefox/mozilla friendly
------------------

[This message has been edited by Glyde Bane (edited August 01, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Glyde Bane (edited August 01, 2004).]

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-07, 3:36 AM #10
Hello All.

First off, yes- Congratulations to Glyde.
( In 7 yrs, he was the only one who was able to solve this puzzle, legitly and with good explanation ... after i gave this query to so many ppl over the years. Nice job )

And yet now, it does seem so easy. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

As for any errors, I believed I fixed most ( if not all of them, Glyde, as well as giving a far more thorough explanation of how to get to the location with the Single Player version of the game ).

Avenger- If you did do this 'trick' without thermals (and legitly), I would like to know how.? (ps- I changed that 'brutal' yellow text, yw)

As for those who responded 'wasnt that implied, expected or presumed' to be the answer. Noone has stepped forward to mention it until now, and most ppl (if not all) bypass that hidden area completely (having never seen it in the first place, since it rests high above you in the shadows).

For those who really did find it on their own
( good job )

Joseph- This is not an Official JK Secret (it will not give you any bonus stars, or count towards it; all it will do is give you an advantage of more health and a backpack full of supplies).

Kirby- No. You can not fall on this 'hidden area' from above ( you are thinking of a different, Official JK Secret -- this is not that one ). ... ditto to 'Correction'.

Hopefully, now that this is solved (sorry, but it has plagued me over the years as the only place I could not legitly get to within the JK Game), I can rest well. =)

http://home.neo.rr.com/jaspalidori/JAS ( JAS Clan website )

Direct link to Puzzle page=
http://home.neo.rr.com/jaspalidori/JAS/puzzle.html

Good Job, to all those " thorough " JEDI Seekers.

** bows honorably **

------------------
Light Jedi Master
JAS_Palidori
High_Councillor, Light Jedi_Master
JAS: Jedi Against Sith
2004-08-07, 3:42 AM #11
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/185/6.jpg]

------------------

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-07, 6:14 AM #12
White text on a white background is not a good idea..

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
-----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-07, 6:21 AM #13
Yeah, I would recommend changing font color from "white" to "black" and from "cyan" to "black." Then we might actually be able to read it without highlighting.
2004-08-07, 6:59 AM #14
From the looks of the code, there was a background image that I'm guessing is no longer there.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-08-07, 11:30 AM #15
I can see the site fine in opera...but hte white on white is fugly! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-07, 1:02 PM #16
I think I've done that before, without using thermals. I was never into the whole thermal/mine jumping.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-08-07, 1:39 PM #17
Like I said, you can ONLY SEE THE BG IMAGE IN IE. Thanks to you guys, he thought you were using IE and changed a perectly good font on dark-ish blue BG to white on darkish blue BG.. but since you aren't using IE, it's white on white.. I think >_>

------------------

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-07, 3:13 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Like I said, you can ONLY SEE THE BG IMAGE IN IE. Thanks to you guys, he thought you were using IE and changed a perectly good font on dark-ish blue BG to white on darkish blue BG.. but since you aren't using IE, it's white on white.. I think >_>
</font>

Bleh. Firefox is more standards-friendly than IE. If it looks horrible in Firefox and not IE, that means the page is broken.
2004-08-07, 4:16 PM #19
Ze page is not broken. He basicly wrote it all out in HTML script. Notepad if you will.

------------------

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-07, 5:11 PM #20
Oh, it's broke all right.

background="img\nebula.gif" is not valid. In any browser. IE merely accepts it, due to its ability to render horridly written code. All the other browsers crap on it because they think "Learn HTML the proper way, lazy-***!".

Also, while I'm in the code, if he was writing proper HTML, he would not use the <font> tag, for it is deprecated. He would also put " " around all attributes, such as <font color="cyan">.

<center> is also deprecated.

I see no </p> or other ending tags for most tags.

The unordered list items isn't even specified, he just gives <li>. That DEFINATELY isn't good HTML.

Forced text wrapping via <br> in the middle of stuff? Not exactly bad HTML, but kinda bad design. Let it stretch out.

Again, design issue only. Use of relative and absolute links strewn about, all pretaining to stuff within the site itself, aka not outside assets.

He ends one <li> with a </li> tag, but only one...

<body> tag has no </body>. Basic HTML there, bad bad bad.

Javascript comment unclosed at top, and also nested comments. Nested comments = bad. (It's probably why all the colors are messed up too.

There are better ways to assigning CSS at the top of the page, rather than <style>.

Well, I'm done for now. I'm sure there is more, but I am too tired.

Have fun!

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-08-07, 11:06 PM #21
what a coincidence, i made my first big accomplishment today, too [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

had absolutely nothing to do with a videogame though

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b

↑ Up to the top!