Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → heylook, I'm in the news
heylook, I'm in the news
2008-04-24, 2:10 PM #1
Looks like I'm moving! Fortunately, I already have multiple offers elsewhere..

http://caledonianrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=145&ArticleID=39337
woot!
2008-04-24, 2:16 PM #2
That site is terrible.
2008-04-24, 2:18 PM #3
"Lee could not be reached for comment"

well, gee, did they even try?

sorry to hear it buddy. voting against the police is almost as bad as voting against schools. vote for crime in 08! vote for stupid in 08!
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-04-24, 2:21 PM #4
Originally posted by Ford:
"Lee could not be reached for comment"

well, gee, did they even try?

sorry to hear it buddy. voting against the police is almost as bad as voting against schools. vote for crime in 08! vote for stupid in 08!

I got a message yesterday afternoon and called them today - so yeah, I guess they did. There's a good chance I'll be writing a letter after I leave, though. It's really too bad - it's not the fault of the town's citizens...it's the three selectmen who have near-infinite unchallengeable power.
woot!
2008-04-24, 2:25 PM #5
That sucks, man. I mean, I guess if you've got other opportunities, then you'll be fine, but I always hate to see a town lose police officers for stupid reasons. It sounds like a very small town, too...
Warhead[97]
2008-04-24, 2:26 PM #6
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
That sucks, man. I mean, I guess if you've got other opportunities, then you'll be fine, but I always hate to see a town lose police officers for stupid reasons. It sounds like a very small town, too...

It's fairly small, yeah - but not small enough to have only one guy on at a time..which already happens, but is going to happen more often now. I'll be fine, but I really feel bad for everyone else...I have a feeling most would leave if they could - but with houses, SOs with jobs, etc, it's not as easy as it is for me.
woot!
2008-04-24, 2:29 PM #7
What?! They often only have one person on duty at a time? That is ridiculous, I don't care how small a town is. Everyone should have backup available.
Warhead[97]
2008-04-24, 2:33 PM #8
I could always go to your town to cause some sort of trouble...you know, so they could be like "omg we need copz"
2008-04-24, 2:39 PM #9
You should create crime by setting fire to all churches and schools.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-04-24, 2:40 PM #10
first week alone on the job and they're firing you already.. jeez....
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-04-24, 8:56 PM #11
You can come to Rochester, NY and stay with me! They always need more cops in Rochester.

And by cops, I mean tanks with cops glued to the sides.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-04-24, 9:39 PM #12
Way to be talked about like an object. Also, you're apparently worth at least $24,000 USD.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-04-25, 4:29 AM #13
The town manager wants me to call him at 7:30 this morning. I got off a 12.5hr midnight shift at 6:30am..if he wants to get ahold of me before I wake up, he's going to have to page me...if I get paged to go talk to him, I think he's looking at paying me the 3hr minimum call-in..

That's like me asking him to call me at midnight..not the most convenient time..
woot!
2008-04-25, 7:03 AM #14
Towns with one cop usually are smaller than 1000 population. The cops are also usually a joke. (No offense to any officers on here.) I just know from local experience that small town cops can suck.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-04-25, 11:09 AM #15
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Towns with one cop usually are smaller than 1000 population. The cops are also usually a joke. (No offense to any officers on here.) I just know from local experience that small town cops can suck.

I understand where you're coming from - and unfortunately, you're often correct in your statement. We have a total of twelve sworn officers, and often have multiple officers on...unfortunately, we don't have enough to have double coverage 24/7. Littleton is one of the best agencies in the area, and has some of the highest standards in the state...I don't think the town officials know how good their department really is. They should look at some other places..
woot!
2008-04-25, 11:24 AM #16
Do you guys all have quick access to county and state officers, too?
Warhead[97]
2008-04-25, 11:27 AM #17
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Do you guys all have quick access to county and state officers, too?

State Police doesn't have jurisdiction in our town - they only have jurisdiction in towns with a population under 3000. There are occasionally sheriffs around, but not always. You know how there's typically a larger 24/7 department near to these small departments, so they can call for help? Well, we're that larger 24/7 department that people can call for help...
woot!
2008-04-25, 11:40 AM #18
I see. That sucks...in oklahoma the highway patrol has jurisdiction anywhere in the state. Of course I've only lived in the larger towns around here, with populations over 35,000, so they've always got plenty of police. But we always have overlapping departments that can provide support to the smaller departments.
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!