Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → InsomniaX Safe?
InsomniaX Safe?
2008-04-25, 12:23 AM #1
I've read that it isn't good to leave the macbook closed with the sleep disabled (via InsomniaX), b/c of heat issues with the screen messing up, and I'm wondering if anyone here uses InsomniaX.

Basically I just want to stream music with my lid closed, so I don't have the monitor collecting dust while it's up.
Back again
2008-04-25, 12:33 AM #2
put a cover on the monitor

o.0
2008-04-25, 6:14 AM #3
Stop being lazy and wipe your monitor down once to twice a week like normal people you freaking stooge.
2008-04-25, 6:30 AM #4
I'd tend to agree with Rob here, it's not hard to wipe your screen once in a while, I know because I do it on my mac.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-04-25, 6:32 AM #5
My Powerbook is dying for a thorough clean - I've only ever given it cursory wipes everynow and again and the grime has definitely built up...
2008-04-25, 6:37 AM #6
Originally posted by James Bond:
I'd tend to agree with Rob here, it's not hard to wipe your screen once in a while, I know because I do it on my mac.

Seriously. You need only use a damp 100% cotton handtowel.

Monitors are covered in some pretty advanced materials. They aren't hard to clean if you keep it regular.
2008-04-25, 6:42 AM #7
Don't the macbooks come with those nifty smooth screens anyways? It's not like the regular LCD material is it?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-04-25, 7:15 AM #8
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Don't the macbooks come with those nifty smooth screens anyways? It's not like the regular LCD material is it?
You can get a better covering, but it sorta screws up viewing the screen in outdoor conditions I've heard so I never got it.

So from my perspective the screen doesn't feel any different than the other LCD I have next to me.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-04-25, 9:18 AM #9
Apple should use H-IPS screens for their notebooks. All laptops have such crappy screens.

↑ Up to the top!