Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2008-04-25, 8:36 AM #1
Well, I searched and didn't seem to come up with a thread about it. So... here we go.

Overall I thought it was a good movie, funny, had a relatively good story (enough of a love story to bring a GF to and still get her to enjoy it).

The hype it got on TV was very incorrect this time around. Most of them claimed it to be better than Superbad, it is NOT better. There is not as many laughs as in Superbad.

If you like very little female nudity (or nudity at all) in your movies this probably isnt for you, in fact... theres more FULL FRONTAL MALE NUDITY in this movie than female at all. It's played as a joke, but worn out quickly.

Lastly, what is the deal with movies these days?? STOP SHOWING CLIPS IN THE COMMERCIALS THAT NEVER MAKE IT IN THE MOVIE!!!!

They did it to me on Anchorman, and they do it on this movie as well. If anyone saw the commercial with Jonah Hill (i think that is his name) at the restaurant screaming "Clear everything else off! Its just ONE man!"... That entire part was deleted for a vastly less funny moment. Great job....

Anyways, overall its worth the money to go see, but not worth a second viewing in theaters....
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-04-25, 9:34 AM #2
oh the weather outside is... weather
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-04-25, 9:34 AM #3
I heard there are dicks in it.
2008-04-25, 9:38 AM #4
The movie features quite a bit of dick.

It's also hilarious. I laughed pretty much the entire time. I don't know if it's better than Superbad, but it's close.
2008-04-25, 9:45 AM #5
I've seen it three times, actually. The first was at an advance screening where it was on a super small screen, bad sound, and the guys behind me were laughing incredibly loudly. I still enjoyed it, but I missed a lot of lines.

Saw it again, and loved it even more. I really think Segel is my favorite out of the Carrel/Rogen/Segel trio. I really thought the guy that played Aldous Snow stole the show, he was hilarious. Mila Kunis has never looked hotter either. I don't know, I think this was just the most realistic and identifiable of the comedies. The second time I saw it though it was in a theater with younger people, who appreciated the sex jokes, but not a lot of the other ones. I thought the CSI-like parodies were just absolutely hilarious, where the person next to me said "wow, that was stupid, lulz". Also, Jason Bateman in the credits....awesome.

BTW, regarding the dicks, Apatow has said numerous times that the penis is the most underused organ in movies, so in every movie he is involved with from now on, it will have dick in it.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-04-25, 9:50 AM #6
It has Russel Brand in it and therefore will be beat in the ground with a spade.
nope.
2008-04-25, 10:00 AM #7
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
oh the weather outside is... weather

By this I mean that Paul Rudd makes every one of his scenes the best scene in the movie.
2008-04-25, 1:16 PM #8
Wow mscbuck, you're embarrased to watch Transformers (your worst movie of all time), but your a huge fan of a movie that uses a dick shot several times as a gag (a joke that got old quite fast)

It was a good movie, but by far not the amazing picture people are clamoring it up to be
2008-04-25, 1:45 PM #9
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Wow mscbuck, you're embarrased to watch Transformers (your worst movie of all time), but your a huge fan of a movie that uses a dick shot several times as a gag (a joke that got old quite fast)

I wasn't aware that Forgetting Sarah Marshall was comprised of 2 scenes in which a dick is shown 4 times total. Maybe I saw an alternate version or something...
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-04-25, 1:57 PM #10
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:

It was a good movie, but by far not the amazing picture people are clamoring it up to be

See, the key difference here, is that Transformer sucked balls. Forgetting Sarah marshall merely showed them.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2008-04-25, 8:19 PM #11
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare (emphasis added):

LIES. It was hilarious every single time it happened.

Mainly because of how uncomfortable it made my roommate.
2008-04-25, 8:39 PM #12
What happened if you featured the four dicks in the Transformer movie?

Thought of the day.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-04-26, 9:32 AM #13
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
By this I mean that Paul Rudd makes every one of his scenes the best scene in the movie.

Yes.

I think for me, it will be like Superbad...where I'm okay with it at first but the more I begin to think about it, the more I like it.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

↑ Up to the top!