Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The new Family Guy? From the creators of it
The new Family Guy? From the creators of it
2004-08-07, 9:05 PM #1
http://www.american-dad.com/

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-08-07, 9:17 PM #2
Quite funny, but still no replacement for the true Family Guy. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

Family Guy > All other TV Shows

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192
E-Mail: FCTuner04--//[at]\\--gmail--//[dot]\\--com

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite

[This message has been edited by FCTuner04 (edited August 08, 2004).]
2004-08-07, 9:31 PM #3
I didn't laugh once during the pilot.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-07, 9:44 PM #4
I thought the pilot was funny, but I want to know if this show will replace Family Guy, or will they air seperatoly

------------------
[url="http://gianturl.com?LslqYgMc,,zP3dd,3F9p8Zk,0,9LHkg7DS4bZW1Z4,PvH78r9v2svr7X,S,2cpBF,L
Hh3l2,6WPxP4,m28fBMzy4Rh,7xvzFHg4qS7k,qzG2K,7q6YSCXqP5x3,,1,,m5mC,gMrw4Xcx7,,,tg
LQw,F,J,p5X5,mCD7,p4fCJh9bc5kw,vmqWsl2h0V,6VRsy4b,9G6H,6,qdtM9PZ,ls,s0,N1rjwJ3hkwfr
nmfDV8G5J,,jT6bt3c7vh4,DVMkf3qX8dcz9yGnHkrr1hT8P8R4cC6Fx0qdl2,hKCH,b5wJY,,cVt,LPRx
RunXrp"]http://gianturl.com?LslqYgMc,,zP3dd,3F9p8Zk,0,9LHkg7DS4bZW1Z4,PvH78r9v2svr7X,S,2cpBF,L
Hh3l2,6WPxP4,m28fBMzy4Rh,7xvzFHg4qS7k,qzG2K,7q6YSCXqP5x3,,1,,m5mC,gMrw4Xcx7,,,tg
LQw,F,J,p5X5,mCD7,p4fCJh9bc5kw,vmqWsl2h0V,6VRsy4b,9G6H,6,qdtM9PZ,ls,s0,N1rjwJ3hkwfr
nmfDV8G5J,,jT6bt3c7vh4,DVMkf3qX8dcz9yGnHkrr1hT8P8R4cC6Fx0qdl2,hKCH,b5wJY,,cVt,LPRx
RunXrp[/url]
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-08-07, 9:53 PM #5
Family Guy's coming back to Fox sometime this month. They've been airing commercials for it recently. Not sure if it'll start with the new episodes or not, but it will be back on Fox this month.

*edit*
Just checked, they're just showing old episodes this month. The new ones still aren't scheduled to start until next year.

[This message has been edited by Darth (edited August 08, 2004).]
2004-08-08, 2:03 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I didn't laugh once during the pilot.</font>

Ditto.

Also, I noticed Seth reused alot of one-liners from Family Guy. Badly. I forsee a very grim future for this show, if it has a future at all.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-08, 2:40 AM #7
It's terrible. Wasn't funny at all.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-08, 6:19 AM #8
I thought the pilot was pretty good, especially the very last part with the dog.

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-08-08, 7:17 AM #9
Seems to be a Family Guy Clone to me. Of course, that means it's funny, but I don't think it will be as funny. The dad character will get tiresome very quickly if they keep him in that "style" The goldfish has potential, as does the alien.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-08-08, 7:46 AM #10
It was just... so blah... no character to it.

The only part i found funny was the end with the dog...

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-08-08, 8:28 AM #11
For something from the creators of family guy, that was bad. The only two parts that made me laugh were the "Happy Hour!" thing with the goldfish, and the dog that pissed dust (or did it fart? i could never tell)

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-08-08, 8:50 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
It's terrible. Wasn't funny at all.

</font>

I agree

------------------
Video games are a conduit for the soul. They expand our lives, channel our imagination, test our skillz. Games exist as a channel for the boundless energy of people all over the world. -Largo
2004-08-08, 9:15 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth:
Family Guy's coming back to Fox sometime this month. They've been airing commercials for it recently. Not sure if it'll start with the new episodes or not, but it will be back on Fox this month.

*edit*
Just checked, they're just showing old episodes this month. The new ones still aren't scheduled to start until next year.
</font>
Aren't they also going to air them on Cartoon Network? That's where I first heard Seth say there would be new episodes.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 08, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-08, 9:23 AM #14
As for the trailer...
Not as funny as Family Guy, but it might be worth watching. Animation was a bit better drawn, though. More shading and such.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 08, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-08, 9:37 AM #15
It doesnt look very funny. Frankly I found Family Guy to be a bit... meh... anyway. The comedy depended too much on random flashbacks, stuff like that. While they usually are funny, they are just overused.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-08, 9:47 AM #16
I found that quite highly amusing.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-08, 9:58 AM #17
It was humerous, but it definatly will have to distinct itself from Family Guy for it to last.

One thing is with Seth doing voices again - the dad sounds exactly like Family Guy.

And yeah, the jokes were reused. With the alien breaking the table suddenly, remember Peter doing the same thing in Family Guy?

I like the fish, but I think thats because I like Stewie the best in Family Guy - and they are almost clones with exception to their species.

↑ Up to the top!