Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → wootwoot
wootwoot
2008-04-29, 5:04 AM #1
Just got a job offer yesterday - I could be working here in a few weeks. :)
woot!
2008-04-29, 5:17 AM #2
Huzzah!!
2008-04-29, 5:26 AM #3
sounds great in the winter, seriously, I'd love the place with the skiing and lots of snow. Probably a few good lakes to go windsurfing on too.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-04-29, 5:29 AM #4
I thought this thread was about a wootoff. :saddowns:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-04-29, 5:34 AM #5
Originally posted by Emon:
I thought this thread was about a wootoff. :saddowns:

Nope, but I'm no longer facing unemployment, which is wootoff-level happiness for me. :neckbeard:

They're fast-tracking the hiring process...apparently nobody's ever been given an offer the first day they walked in..lol :awesome:

There's a video link on the link I posted above - it's kinda cool. This town has an ivy league college and one of the best hospitals around. I've been told that if I get shot, that's the place to do it...heh :P
woot!
2008-04-29, 5:36 AM #6
well after that whole mess with your current place not being able to keep you on because of "lack of money, etc..." it looks like you are moving on to something even better.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-04-29, 5:38 AM #7
Originally posted by James Bond:
well after that whole mess with your current place not being able to keep you on because of "lack of money, etc..." it looks like you are moving on to something even better.

Yes, this would definitely be an improvement. It was made very clear that finances are not an issue here.
woot!
2008-04-29, 6:03 AM #8
Quote:
Median home price (2006): $428,329*

Yikes... congrats though
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-04-29, 6:22 AM #9
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Yikes... congrats though

Yeahhhhhh, I don't think I'll be buying a house in-town.
woot!
2008-04-29, 6:24 AM #10
Yikes? Thats not so bad. Looks like a great area too!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-04-29, 6:31 AM #11
Originally posted by mb:

Yup
2008-04-29, 6:35 AM #12
It's definitely a great area, but I'm not going to be able to drop 400k on a house. Nothing says I have to live in-town, though. If I did want to live in-town, there are several low/no-rent options (e.g. apartment in a $4mil house - keep an eye on the place in exchange for rent), and an 'affordable housing' development going in (targeting the $40-60k/yr income range), which is also another option.

The Sgt asked how many trailers we had in Littleton...I asked 'trailers or trailer parks?' I think we have five trailer parks, with anywhere from maybe ten to forty trailers each. Hanover has two. Not two trailer parks...two trailers. Heh.
woot!
2008-04-29, 6:38 AM #13
I think you should buy out the entire $4mil apt complex all for yourself.

:ninja:
2008-04-29, 6:43 AM #14
Originally posted by mb:

Sweet jesus, at what point is a half million dollar home as a median price acceptable for an average person? I could have a MANSION here in texas for half a mil.
2008-04-29, 6:45 AM #15
You live in texas. Thats a big difference from NY. :P
2008-04-29, 7:08 AM #16
I didn't realize it was that big of a margin, insane... <3 Texas, not tornados....
2008-04-29, 7:17 AM #17
Hanover's a really nice town.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-04-29, 8:20 AM #18
Good news, congratulations. Live free or die ;)
2008-04-29, 11:03 AM #19
I went to Hanover when I was visiting Dartmouth. Very nice place, and I'm sure the college kids at Dartmouth won't give you any trouble.
:master::master::master:
2008-04-29, 11:13 AM #20
Originally posted by stat:
I went to Hanover when I was visiting Dartmouth. Very nice place, and I'm sure the college kids at Dartmouth won't give you any trouble.

I was surprised to hear that there are five bars in town, and hardly any problems with them..

The Sgt I was talking to said it's a sweet deal working there - good pay, excellent benefits, and you don't have to work too hard for it.
woot!

↑ Up to the top!