Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mega Man games!
Mega Man games!
2008-05-01, 9:54 AM #1
Ripped fresh from the annoying things thread...

I didn't play much of the NES titles but I love the MMX series.

I think the bosses in MMX are easier than the original mega mans, but the final boss is way harder... MMX1 Sigma owns all.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-05-01, 9:56 AM #2
NES > You.
2008-05-01, 10:00 AM #3
I played some of those... mostly for the snazzy catchy tunes, arm cannons and "YOU GOT A SWEET NEW BIKE" visuals. And I've been subconsciously ripping off stuff from them for years now. Good times.

... ... and as far as those aspects go, I still prefer the Turrican games. Especially II.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-01, 11:57 AM #4
I can play through MMX1 in about 15 - 25 mins depending on if I fall in any holes. However beating the last boss (not the dog, not sigma, but the big wall bot sigma) can take hours.
2008-05-01, 12:02 PM #5
You suck at MMX

Wall Sigma is EASY because each attack follows it's set pattern(s).
2008-05-01, 12:07 PM #6
It does follow a pattern, but there are certain patterns that are unavoidable damage, and even with FULL upgrades, you can still very easily lose. I think 4 hits is death, so even if you have all of your tanks, you can still quickly lose it.
2008-05-01, 12:08 PM #7
Uhhh, no?
2008-05-01, 12:10 PM #8
Haha, ok we'll just 'assume' you're that good.
2008-05-01, 12:11 PM #9
It isn't even hard!

You don't have to be good at it because it's so redonkulously easy!
2008-05-01, 1:36 PM #10
The NES Megaman games are so ****ing hard it's unbelievable
:master::master::master:
2008-05-01, 1:57 PM #11
The X games are soo much better then the NES ones

...and Rob is right about Sigma
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-05-01, 3:41 PM #12
The MMX games seem to take themselves too seriously though.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-01, 7:24 PM #13
I was the **** when I beat Sigma on X1.

On X2, I get all my body parts and half of the heart tanks before even taking on one boss. I plowed through them like mb through a buffet table.

MM7 on SNES was like of bleh. I hate how he stood out holding his arm if you had the mega buster charged. Looked like a frickin' dweeb.

MM9 (aka Rockman & Forte) was much to much like anime to me.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-05-01, 10:35 PM #14
I use to be a huge fan of Megaman back in the day.

- I've played all the NES games but I've only completed Megaman 1, 3, and 5. My favorite of them is Megaman 5.

- I've also played Megaman 7 for the SNES and Megaman and Bass (megaman 9) for the GBA. I have not played Megaman 8 due to a lack of a PS1.

- I've only played the Megaman X series that came out for the SNES. Someday I would like to pick a PS1 and play Megaman X 4-6 or get PC versions (if I could even find them on the net somewhere). The first game was pretty cool and the second one was merely ok but the third one was pretty terrible.

- I've also played all of the Megaman Zero series for the GBA. Pretty cool series although the first three were pretty hard. The fourth and last game was pretty easy. Its such a shame that Zero dies in the final battle. Poor Ciel :(

- I played a little bit of Megaman 64 (Megaman Legend) but the horrible voice acting and bad game design was hard to bare after a few levels of it.

- I've played a little bit of the first 2 games of the Megaman Network games. They're ok if not a little corny.

- I have yet to play the latest Megaman ZX series. Its looks pretty cool but the idea of kids wearing suits that mimics Zero and X seems kind of lame.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!