Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Iron Man
Iron Man
2008-05-01, 2:31 PM #1
Who's going to see this tomorrow? (or tonight) After seeing the trailer, I think Robert Downing is probably going to make this move awesome. I'm almost as excited for this as I am for The Dark Knight.
2008-05-01, 2:50 PM #2
*Downey Jr. I think right now I'm more excited to see the new TDK trailer attached to it than the film. Although, I have been very impressed by the Iron Man trailers.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-01, 3:29 PM #3
After Spiderman 3, I am not to sure about this Marvel movie.
Back again
2008-05-01, 3:39 PM #4
Probably not going this weekend, and I know next to nothing about Iron Man, but I look forward to seeing it. Robert Downey Jr. is great, and in the sequels when they get into Tony Stark's alcoholism and such I bet he'll really shine.
2008-05-01, 4:21 PM #5
The movie has been garnering great reviews so far. This is mostly due to Downey Jr.'s performance. I would love to see it, but I don't the time this weekend with finals coming up so it will have to wait.
2008-05-01, 4:31 PM #6
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
After Spiderman 3, I am not to sure about this Marvel movie.

They're made by different directors and writers, boy genius.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-02, 12:49 AM #7
Just got back from seeing it.

It was amazing. That is all that will be said.

Stay for the end credits.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-02, 3:27 AM #8
Yeah, my wife and I saw it last night. Not only is it an incredible action hero movie, but it's fun for everyone. We got in the car after the show and my wife was like "We need to own that as soon as it comes out!" Can't sum it up better than that. 10/10
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2008-05-02, 5:30 AM #9
Can't wait to see this movie. My wife and I plan to whenever we get a weekend free.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-05-02, 3:19 PM #10
I liked Iron Man's action and special effects, but it didnt have the same appeal to me as the other comic movies. I think it's just the Tony Stark character in general.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2008-05-02, 6:55 PM #11
Originally posted by happydud:
Just got back from seeing it.

It was amazing. That is all that will be said.

Stay for the end credits.

I wouldn't say amazing but it was very enjoyable. First movie in some time that seemed worth paying the premium to see in a theater. Combined with the excellent trailers, this seem to be kicking off a promising movie season.

As for staying for after the end credits, thanks for the tip however, I was disappointed. There a far better choices than Samuel Jackson to play Nick Fury . First, it seems like a gimmick to make the character black . I did enjoy Michael Duncan as the Kingpin but that actor really seemed to portray the characteristics of the character better than anybody else could. Jackson just in no way seemed to portray the characteristics of Fury .

I also don't like the idea of an Avenger movie. At least not yet. A team movie with the traditional Avenger characters doesn't seem right. Even in the comics the Avengers were made up of characters that already had well established story lines unlike the X-Men that were generally unknown or non-existent prior to their X-Men debut.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-05-02, 10:18 PM #12
Tom Morello?!?!
Think while it's still legal.
2008-05-02, 10:47 PM #13
Freakin' awesome.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-05-03, 8:43 AM #14
Quote:
There a far better choices than Samuel Jackson to play Nick Fury . First, it seems like a gimmick to make the character black . I did enjoy Michael Duncan as the Kingpin but that actor really seemed to portray the characteristics of the character better than anybody else could. Jackson just in no way seemed to portray the characteristics of Fury .

Are you familiar with the Marvel Ultimate universe? Fury is black in all of the Ultimate line comics.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2008-05-03, 9:35 AM #15
Originally posted by MFalse:
Are you familiar with the Marvel Ultimate universe? Fury is black in all of the Ultimate line comics.

And directly modeled after Jackson
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-05-03, 9:42 AM #16
I would have been familiar with the ultimate line if I hadn't generally lost interest prior to that. Interesting that they started back then too.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-05-03, 7:27 PM #17
Denzel would have been good as Ultimate Fury.

As for Classic Fury, Clooney would have done well.

Oh yeah, I saw Iron Man at the Americana. Worth the drive.
Attachment: 19228/050308_17061.jpg (44,307 bytes)
Attachment: 19229/050308_17132.jpg (115,904 bytes)
Back again
2008-05-03, 7:33 PM #18
i loved it, and the only thing that bothered me was how his beard was
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-03, 9:41 PM #19
i didn't stay after the credits! what did i miss?
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-05-03, 10:09 PM #20
So just what superheros would they be tying in with the whole S.H.I.E.L.D business there at the end? It seemed like maybe Captain America would be in there somewhere, but mostly just other random people.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-05-04, 8:53 AM #21
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-06, 12:27 AM #22
I laughed hard at Stan Lee as Hugh Hefner.

Definitely worth seeing, though I wish now I'd stayed until after the credits. In fact, I should make that my policy for all new movies.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2008-05-06, 8:01 AM #23
Originally posted by Bobbert:
So just what superheros would they be tying in with the whole S.H.I.E.L.D business there at the end? It seemed like maybe Captain America would be in there somewhere, but mostly just other random people.

http://digg.com/movies/Marvel_Sets_Dates_for_Thor_Captain_America_Iron_Man_2
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm

↑ Up to the top!