Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Laptop touchpad
Laptop touchpad
2008-05-01, 3:29 PM #1
Why when I'm browsing the internet does my laptops scroll touchpad function only work sometimes? It goes in and out and I hate using the arrow keys. My mouse is out of batteries and I'm moving back home in 3 days to my desktop so don't bother with saying get a mouse.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-01, 3:32 PM #2
My laptop touchpad has a 3 buttons. I hold the middle one and use the scroll area of my touchpad to scroll.

Done.

Most of the time I just use a mouse. I carry one with me all the time. Years ago though, I use to game hardcore with using a touchpad. Arrow keys for life.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-01, 3:34 PM #3
Mine has two buttons. And the touchpad has the right side scroll bar that sometimes stops working. Why did you post?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-01, 3:37 PM #4
I don't know, you can try updating the drivers. If you're using generic ones support might not be as good as ones from the manufacturer. Though the fact that it works sometimes is pretty odd.
2008-05-01, 3:37 PM #5
Well, what do want people to do in this thread? Magically know your problem?

Here, let me warp through the internet to your position so I can see what type of laptop you have or what your touchpad configurations you have. Stand back a bit, I can come through hard.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-01, 4:34 PM #6
if i have trouble with the scroll section i just press a bit harder
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-01, 5:02 PM #7
I still don't know how it scrolls like that, it does it every so often and pisses me off.

I just push both buttons and use the pulley arrow thing.
nope.
2008-05-01, 6:05 PM #8
It could be that the focus is changing, so you're trying to scroll something that can't be scrollified.
2008-05-01, 7:04 PM #9
my touchpad randomly stops working. i think its broken in some way but it usually fixes itself after a couple minutes
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2008-05-01, 7:29 PM #10
My touchpad works fine. Two finger scrolling, no buttons.

Yay for macbooks.
2008-05-02, 1:03 PM #11
mine took some getting used to. it's touchy. i got the feel for it now and it works fine.

↑ Up to the top!