Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Planting plants sucks
Planting plants sucks
2004-08-07, 11:28 AM #1
Damn it.

Why can't things grow faster? You plant a tree and wait for decades for it to grow, unless of course you happen to die meanwhile. Even silly flowers take too long. I wish there were something you could spray on the seed to quicken the growing process by...well, a lot.

Stupid plants. I'm glad we can chop them and stomp on them. And then they die! HAHAHAHAHA! What really sucks though is that if we kill them, we die too.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-08-07, 11:55 AM #2
I know a really gross way to make plants grow really fast, but... eeew.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-07, 11:57 AM #3
I heard once that most of the oxygen we breathe comes from seaweed at the bottom of the ocean. So if you ask me, kill all you want.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited August 07, 2004).]
2004-08-07, 11:57 AM #4
Trees.

------------------
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-07, 3:23 PM #5
Well. We can always bioengineer!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-07, 3:27 PM #6
if you wwant fast growing plants, plant some bamboo, some grow so fast that if you have a time lapse function on a video camera and set it to take pictures every ten minutes, you will see slow growth after a day of growing.

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-08-07, 4:51 PM #7
Ah hell, eat sixteen super spicy pinto burritos and just take a crap on the thing.

There, nuff said? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-08-07, 4:55 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
I heard once that most of the oxygen we breathe comes from seaweed at the bottom of the ocean. So if you ask me, kill all you want.

</font>

Yeah, but all the forests suck up exces carbon from the atmosphere like you wouldn't believe

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-07, 5:48 PM #9
The seaweed has to breathe, too. I'm sure it goes through pretty much the same process, therefore if it exhales the most oxygen I would guess it inhales the most carbon dyoxide, too.

------------------
2004-08-07, 5:58 PM #10
Actually, it's not the seaweed. It's the algae. That's what I was taught in school anyway.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-08-07, 6:02 PM #11
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

------------------
2004-08-07, 6:04 PM #12
Plankton create something like 94 per cent of all breatheable oxygen. That's what I was taught in Biology, but I'm skeptical.

Trees cool the air more than 4 airconditioners running all year, they suck up toxins and spit out fresh oxygen, and they just make the air seem much more pleasant overall. Trust me.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-07, 6:15 PM #13
So, what, are you venting all your anti-botanical anger you have pent up inside? Mabye I should do that. I hate stupid plants! They take forever to grow and get eaten by bugs that obviously live just for your plant even though these particular pants havent grown here since the begging of time! The particular bugs you hate never attack any other kind of plant! Alos, the one stupid plant that survies die out of shear ornreyness any way! They take for ever to come up! MUST... KILL... ALL... PLANTS...
Whoa! I feal so.. so.. refreshed. Thanks man.
2004-08-08, 4:08 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Yeah, but all the forests suck up exces carbon from the atmosphere like you wouldn't believe

</font>

Yup, I believe that the net oxygen production of the world's rainforests is approximately zero, it's the Carbon Dioxide balance which is important.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-08, 5:10 AM #15
I saw a picture once of a plant treated with some sort of growth hormone beside one that wasn't (they were the same type of plant). The one without the hormone was like 30 cm tall at most, and the one with it... well, there was someone on top of a step ladder getting leaf samples from the middle of the plant.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-08-08, 5:40 AM #16
I say we feed those to frogs!

------------------
2004-08-08, 11:15 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
I know a really gross way to make plants grow really fast, but... eeew.

</font>

There's two I'm thinking of but I have no idea which one you're referring to...

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-08, 11:26 AM #18
You don't want to know.

------------------
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-08, 11:33 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
The seaweed has to breathe, too. I'm sure it goes through pretty much the same process, therefore if it exhales the most oxygen I would guess it inhales the most carbon dyoxide, too.

</font>

It's all about carbon sinks and the forests are the second largest carbon sink on the planet

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!