Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whose worse at driving?
Whose worse at driving?
2008-05-02, 10:54 AM #1
I can't decide.

In one corner, we have the shrivley wrinkled people with distinct smells, who cannot seem to move their neck to look around their cars so that they don't run into others while turning. They always slow down and stop 3-5 meters or so before a red light or stop sign, and are typically seen driving 10 below the speed limit, and drive on either the middle of the road or way off to the side.

In the other corner we have immature people using motorized cages for the first time that always try to impress whoever they're driving with, like when they start peeling out and ruining their tires that their parents will have to pay for. Always the risk takers, these guys will do anything for an extra bit of thrill, reguardless of their surroundings.
2008-05-02, 10:56 AM #2
Oh, and then there's mb.
2008-05-02, 10:59 AM #3
Jepman.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-02, 11:00 AM #4
mb broke his car while sitting in a parking lot. The tow-truck driver was almost incomprehensible, but I think I heard him utter something about ham tins in the alternator.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-02, 11:00 AM #5
and his car is ugggly
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-02, 11:02 AM #6
;_;

I dont think theres anyone thats worse in general. Teenagers drive fast and are obnoxious. Mothers that drive suburbans are pretty bad too. middle aged men in their show off-y cars are obnoxious.

Im a perfect driver of course :colbert:

( But for real. I know im not the best driver in the world, but I sure as hell am better than most of the people on the road )
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-05-02, 11:02 AM #7
It's easy, all drivers suck. But teenager drivers of every kind should definitely burn in hell.

IN HELL

IN HELL

IN HELL

BURNING

IN HELL

Not snowing in hell.

BURNING.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-02, 11:03 AM #8
*who's
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-05-02, 11:03 AM #9
Asians.
:master::master::master:
2008-05-02, 11:04 AM #10
Elderly drive too slow.

Teenagers drive like dumbasses.

Mb can't steer properly cause of his fat belly.

Jepman is in too much of a hurry.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-02, 11:05 AM #11
Inexperience can be surpassed by experience.

Difficulties presented by age, on the other hand, cannot be easily remedied.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-02, 11:14 AM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:
*who's

Thanks, was on the phone while making this thread. How shameful.

And not to sound snobby by making this thread. It's just everyone seems to have a stereotype that these two age groups are bad drivers.
2008-05-02, 11:21 AM #13
ur mom is pretty good a driving my boner
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-05-02, 11:26 AM #14
Originally posted by NoESC:
ur mom is pretty good a driving my boner

LOL
:master::master::master:
2008-05-02, 1:13 PM #15
Originally posted by stat:
Asians.

When I saw the topic I really thought this would be one of our choices.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-02, 1:24 PM #16
I always wondered, are there statistics that show that Asian drivers get into more accidents? Or was it a stereotype coming from being short and not seeing where the car is going. Or can't see due to the physical attributes of the eyes?

I guess stereotypes are stereotypes, but the origins of some can be odd.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-02, 1:37 PM #17
I've seen too many old drivers to vote teen.
I've seen an old guy drive up in the exact middle of the road for ages.
And one stop at a green light, then go at the red.
Or stop patiently until the pedestrian is halfway across the road, and then actually drive forward and hit him.
I could go on.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-05-02, 1:43 PM #18
I voted for elderly, because getting older can slow down your reaction times.. some teenagers may drive risky because of inexperience but at least they have the capability of reacting quickly to a dangerous situation.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-05-02, 1:47 PM #19
Originally posted by mb:
( But for real. I know im not the best driver in the world, but I sure as hell am better than most of the people on the road )

There was some poll or something that showed like 75% of drivers believed they were above average:tfti: :tfti: :tfti:
2008-05-02, 1:47 PM #20
I know plenty of safe teenagers. We may like to drive flashy sometimes, but we're always in control of the situation. Note: This is my friends and i that I'm talking about, not all teenagers in general.
DO NOT WANT.
2008-05-02, 1:58 PM #21
The single biggest problem with teenage drivers is INEXPERIENCE. There's a reason their insurance rates are so high.
2008-05-02, 2:42 PM #22
Elderly drivers get into more accidents per mile driven than teenagers do. They just drive fewer miles.
Pissed Off?
2008-05-02, 2:54 PM #23
Originally posted by JM:
The single biggest problem with teenage drivers is INEXPERIENCE. There's a reason their insurance rates are so high.

They'd be lower if you stopped letting 15 year olds get behind the wheel.
nope.
2008-05-02, 3:58 PM #24
Right. I got mine when I had just turned 17. I had 2 years of driving experience at driving school and learner's permit by then.
DO NOT WANT.
2008-05-02, 4:03 PM #25
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I always wondered, are there statistics that show that Asian drivers get into more accidents? Or was it a stereotype coming from being short and not seeing where the car is going. Or can't see due to the physical attributes of the eyes?

I guess stereotypes are stereotypes, but the origins of some can be odd.

My high school had several first-generation immigrant Asian students who were very bad drivers, as were their parents. In their case it was probably because they came from countries with traffic laws that aren't exactly compatible with ours. The stereotype does come from people's actual anecdotal experiences with Asian drivers, but after accounting for this problem, I'd be surprised if there was any difference in their accident rates.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-02, 7:07 PM #26
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;917780']There was some poll or something that showed like 75% of drivers believed they were above average:tfti: :tfti: :tfti:

You know... that only means 1 in 4 are wrong.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-05-02, 7:15 PM #27
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
You know... that only means 1 in 4 are wrong.

Not necessarily. "Above average" does not mean "above the median", so those 75% could actually be correct, if we assume that a small number of drivers bring the average way down.
I'm just a little boy.
2008-05-02, 8:43 PM #28
That's only if we assume the average is a mean, and not a mode or median. But such an assumption would be foolish, as it is much more likely to be a bell-curve.
2008-05-02, 9:00 PM #29
Most people my age can't even back into a parking spot. They talk about how awesome it is to jump hills on country roads. Teenagers suck.

o.0
2008-05-02, 10:11 PM #30
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Most people my age can't even back into a parking spot. They talk about how awesome it is to jump hills on country roads. Teenagers suck.

Well that is kind of awesome.
2008-05-02, 10:12 PM #31
Well I have my permit...
Back again
2008-05-02, 10:13 PM #32
Its also incredibly retarded to do on public roads.

o.0
2008-05-02, 10:14 PM #33
I routinely go 80 - 90 mph on the highways. Recently I've been pushing the speedometer to 100+.

I go 60 MPH in 35 zones.

Oh yeah, I throw the shifter in to 1st and try to peel out.

I'm reckless.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-05-02, 10:16 PM #34
Well, you live in California JG.
Back again
2008-05-02, 10:22 PM #35
JG you're a douchewrangler!!!!
2008-05-02, 10:25 PM #36
Originally posted by saberopus:
JG you're a douchewrangler!!!!

:smith:
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-05-02, 10:27 PM #37
when my poor baby kids r crossin it and sayin oh yesh 35 mps we have plenty time then you slam into their tiny innocecnt hides!
2008-05-02, 10:30 PM #38
Well then tell your kids not to come to Southern California. Or cross at intersections. I don't stop for pedestrians trying to J-walk.
2008-05-02, 10:32 PM #39
Originally posted by Avenger:
Elderly drivers get into more accidents per mile driven than teenagers do. They just drive fewer miles.

It's the same way with men and women. That's why womens' insurance is lower even though they get in more accidents per mile driven. Well, it's a blend of women driving fewer miles and their wrecks aren't as severe as mens'. When men wreck there's twisted steel everywhere and you know it, dammit. We do it right.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-05-03, 3:49 AM #40
Massachusetts.
woot!

↑ Up to the top!