Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Does anyone feel...(Iron man)
Does anyone feel...(Iron man)
2008-05-04, 6:54 PM #1
Like the movie wasn't amazing? There weren't precisely any super powers, Tony Stark just happened to have a super energy thing keeping him alive that could also power a ridiculous war suit. More importantly, the movie boiled down to 2 CEO's in robot suits duking it out over shareholder profit. I didn't feel like there was a huge "revelation" for the finale.

I can't tell if it's just me, or if I might have a generically bad attitude that's tearing down a great movie. My dad seemed to love it. It WAS good, just not as good as I'd hoped.

/rant
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-05-04, 6:59 PM #2
It was a great movie.

And: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=50682
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-04, 7:36 PM #3
Batman doesn't have any superpowers.

And it was more than two CEO's duking it out over the bottom-line. Stark was more about taking the company in a new, more peace-friendly direction, while the other guy just wanted to sell weapons to bad people.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-04, 8:39 PM #4
I was disappointed

Maybe superhero movies aren't for me, but the nemesis being just a bigger, more violent Iron Man seemed like the ultimate superhero movie cliche. And the climax was so anticlimactic that the when the credits rolled they caught me by surprise

I mean it was still pretty good, I'd give it a B or so but I think Superman 3 might have lowered people's expectations a little
2008-05-04, 10:00 PM #5
I love it when people who have absolutely no background on source material complain about stuff that makes them look stupid.
Pissed Off?
2008-05-04, 10:12 PM #6
**** the source material I know about iron monger, that doesn't make it any less boring. and it's not as though they didn't have plenty of other antagonists to choose from
2008-05-05, 5:21 AM #7
They got one out of the way, the movie is set to be a trilogy, they decided this one is the most fathomable compared to some like the Mandarnian
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-05, 5:30 AM #8
Did Iron Man ever have super powers?
I thought it was all the suit.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-05-05, 5:33 AM #9
From only seeing the movie, it looked like he just knew how to make super cool things. I don't think that counts as a super power.

It was an exceptionally good film compared to all the recent releases. I really enjoyed it. Especially the fire extinguisher robot arm!
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2008-05-05, 7:06 AM #10
Like Dud said, Batman doesn't have any superpowers either, they're both just rich blokes with gadgets.
nope.
2008-05-05, 8:08 AM #11
It was pretty good, but the fight scenes were disappointing in my opinion. Plus, I didn't understand how he survived the explosion mostly unharmed, yet the other guy bought it .
2008-05-05, 8:15 AM #12
Better armor?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-05-05, 8:21 AM #13
The Dude did not abide.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-05, 10:26 AM #14
I loved all the hidden Mandarin messages.

For those that didn't get it, the "terrorist" leader was The Mandarin. He had that giant red ring on his finger, the group is called "The Ten Rings", and he keeps talking about Ghengis Khan. He also says they're going to "take over all of asia". The second they introduced Rhodes I was like "omg warmachine warmachine warmachine", and when he was like "...maybe next time", I was filled with joy.

The whole movie was filled with little references to the comic books, but it was still an enjoyable movie in it's own right.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-05, 1:53 PM #15
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
The Dude did not abide.

Haha, was Jeff Bridges the evil bad guy in this movie?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-05-05, 2:40 PM #16
Holy ****, I knew he looked familiar! :o
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-05, 2:58 PM #17
Originally posted by Deadman:
Did Iron Man ever have super powers?
I thought it was all the suit.

Exactly. He's like Batman. Both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are just regular guys who are extremely rich, unbelievably brilliant, and have personal vendettas against bad guys.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-05, 3:04 PM #18
Ultimate Iron man has super powers.

His entire body is brain tissue.
2008-05-06, 12:54 AM #19
Freaky...
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!