Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Win 98 USB
Win 98 USB
2008-05-05, 5:34 PM #1
Is it possible to get USB working in WIndows 98? I have a laptop with a USB port. In device manager it says I have a PCI to USB Universal Host Controller and a USB Root Hub (according to Microsoft.com, this isn't a USB 2.0 thingy, am I right?). My USB mouse works, but my jumpdrive doesn't. Am I out of luck?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-05-05, 5:37 PM #2
get the usb mass storage driver for win98
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-05-05, 5:44 PM #3
Question, Why Win98?
2008-05-05, 6:13 PM #4
maybe it's an older laptop that's too slow for xp
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-05-05, 7:04 PM #5
It's an older laptop that's too slow for XP. Thanks, No Escape.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-05-05, 7:32 PM #6
98 didn't come with USB drivers natively, you need to download them from somewhere.

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

Like there.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-06, 7:03 AM #7
Originally posted by Tracer:
It's an older laptop that's too slow for XP. Thanks, No Escape.

How old is that? If it's so old that you need to run Win98, you should probably consider alternatives, like Linux. And I'm not being a linux fanboy here. This is honestly a good situation to do so.
2008-05-06, 7:13 AM #8
Well, it's not my computer. It's a Pentium 2 IBM thinkpad that was bought used years ago. Plus I don't really want to deal with computer crap, I just want it to work.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-05-06, 8:29 AM #9
Originally posted by Tracer:
Well, it's not my computer. It's a Pentium 2 IBM thinkpad that was bought used years ago. Plus I don't really want to deal with computer crap, I just want it to work.

I'm surprised it still does...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!