Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Have you gotten your GWB bribe yet?
Have you gotten your GWB bribe yet?
2008-05-05, 8:29 PM #1
I just got my bribe money today.

If you used direct deposit on your federal return, your bribe money will deposit into that account.
2008-05-05, 8:33 PM #2
Yeah, got it a while back along with my federal. Blew it all on seeing the Bosstones. Was awesome.
D E A T H
2008-05-05, 8:37 PM #3
I'm spending mine on renting a car to take my driving test, and on my security deposit for the apartment. :)
2008-05-05, 8:42 PM #4
i wont be getting mine for a couple weeks. using it to split payments for ring, camera and vacation.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-05-05, 8:46 PM #5
my parents just got theirs.

o.0
2008-05-05, 8:51 PM #6
Haven't gotten mine yet. Didn't know that it was going to be direct deposited though, so good info to know I guess. I just thought they were all coming in the mail.
Life is beautiful.
2008-05-05, 8:56 PM #7
I have no idea and couldn't care less.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-05-05, 9:23 PM #8
Can I have yours then?
2008-05-05, 9:37 PM #9
Originally posted by Rob:
I just got my bribe money today.

If you used direct deposit on your federal return, your bribe money will deposit into that account.

Why do you call it "bribe" money. I use the term "welfare".
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-05-05, 9:39 PM #10
It's so we'll forget he trashed the economy and started a pointless war, obviously.
2008-05-05, 9:39 PM #11
People who think the president can actually have any major effect on the economy make me laugh.
Pissed Off?
2008-05-05, 9:42 PM #12
The war in Iraq has had no effect on the economy.

And the president in no way shape or form proposed the idea of the Iraq war to congress under the false pretense of weapons of mass destruction.
2008-05-05, 9:45 PM #13
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Can I have yours then?

Sure.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-05-05, 9:46 PM #14
Originally posted by Avenger:
People who think the president can actually have any major effect on the economy make me laugh.

I suppose you could say the Stimulus Plan is an effect of the president, but I'd say it's more congress since it was approved by them. It's just GWB has the last signature. Cuz the stimulus plan is pretty retarded way that won't have hardly ANY effect on the economy. Most of it probably won't be reinvested. Just paying off debt and mortages (at least that's what most polls show what people will do with it)

But yeah, I agree for the most part. Where Rob is right, certain Presidential policies can affect economy, the mess we are in right now is really not him. You might wanna start looking at the Fed, the millions of people that lied about their income to secure mortgages they shouldn't of gotten in the first place, and the incredible amount of bad loans that were made, and the incredible amount of subprime loan defaults. It's ESPECIALLY the Fed right now. Those are most certainly NOT presidential things.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-05-05, 9:48 PM #15
Let's just say it's easy for the president to introduce bills. Doesn't mean they'll go through, but he can propose them easier than just about anyone. So yeah, that can have quite an effect.
2008-05-05, 9:48 PM #16
That's why I said "major". There are somethings that the government can do that to, hopefully, have some influence on the economy. The major problem now is people being retarded and borrowing more money than they could afford to pay with interest only and adjustable rate mortgages.
Pissed Off?
2008-05-05, 9:49 PM #17
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Let's just say it's easy for the president to introduce bills. Doesn't mean they'll go through, but he can propose them easier than just about anyone. So yeah, that can have quite an effect.

I suppose. I guess I'll just say though it takes two to tango :/.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2008-05-05, 9:52 PM #18
It's so we'll forget he trashed the economy and started a pointless war, obviously.

I say the exact same thing. With sarcasm when I imagine the idiotic rationale some people have for their idiotic opinions.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2008-05-05, 9:54 PM #19
my SS is in the later dates of getting the check.
it also doesn't help that the guy we got doing our taxes didn't do direct deposit

yay for july
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-05-05, 9:55 PM #20
President Bush has never signed a bill or enacted any policy that did not benefit himself, his bed fellows, or any company he has hands in at the expense of other possibly less affluent groups of people.
2008-05-05, 10:05 PM #21
The war in Iraq has had no effect on the economy.

And the president in no way shape or form proposed the idea of the Iraq war to congress under the false pretense of weapons of mass destruction.

AHAHAHAHA
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-05-05, 10:08 PM #22
I'm guessing you enjoyed digging in all that sand.
2008-05-05, 10:15 PM #23
I think he's referring to that bunch of drums of some kinda gas they found in the middle of nowhere in a hut.
2008-05-05, 11:36 PM #24
Bribe? Welfare? more like...

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/voodoosnowflakes/Stimulus.jpg]

GWB's Economic Stimulus: Temporarily makes you feel better about the economy and getting screwed by the government.
2008-05-05, 11:39 PM #25
And you can masturbate with it!
2008-05-05, 11:41 PM #26
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Sure.

For reals? Tell me when you get it so I can tell you my paypal account.
2008-05-05, 11:43 PM #27
I think vinny just lucked out!

(But if you really wanted to get back at GWB, you should give it to a foreigner!)
2008-05-06, 12:26 AM #28
I didn't earn enough money to get bribed.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-06, 3:04 AM #29
I'm a foreigner! Give me your money!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-05-06, 5:12 AM #30
Quote:
You remember that thing where Saddam admitted to purposefully making it look like he had WMDs so Iran wouldn't invade him? Yeah, that.

↑ Up to the top!