Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Go Nice Stuff!
Go Nice Stuff!
2008-05-06, 3:22 PM #1
So about a week ago I was up all night in my kitchen attempting to write a report for uni and listening to the radio, and for some strange reason they were running ads for a paintballing place that were running a contest for some freebies. I thought what the hell and entered it, only 10p and never thought much about it again.

Anyway, long story short I find out today I actually won stuff; Stuff being £750 worth of free paintball for up to 25 people at once and a crapload of free ammo. Hurray! :D

So post awesome things that have happened to you as of late, or not-awesome if that's the case.
nope.
2008-05-06, 3:26 PM #2
That's pretty awesome, congratulations.

For the love of god, though, don't call it "ammo".
2008-05-06, 3:28 PM #3
I've never really been paintballing, I don't know what the hell it's called.

:P
nope.
2008-05-06, 3:34 PM #4
I figured ;) People who play paintball generally can't stand people who call paint "ammo", "bullets", etc. It's usually called paint or balls, at least over here, FYI.
2008-05-06, 3:35 PM #5
Where is "over here"?

I've always heard "ammo" used. :P
2008-05-06, 3:44 PM #6
Canada, but I've heard the same lingo used in the US when I've played there.
2008-05-06, 3:49 PM #7
Originally posted by Aglar:
I figured ;) People who play paintball generally can't stand people who call paint "ammo", "bullets", etc. It's usually called paint or balls, at least over here, FYI.

They're called markers.

(Everything I know I learn from webcomics)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-06, 3:50 PM #8
I had a massive lab report due, and I wasn't able to finish it on time because I couldn't figure out how to do charts on OO (also I was ****ing around on the internet), so my results and discussion sections were pretty crappy. however, my instructor gave me a weekend extension, and now i have a 93. 12 pages of blood sweat and tears. the blood was mainly on the part of the rats
:master::master::master:
2008-05-06, 3:51 PM #9
Originally posted by fishstickz:
They're called markers.

The guns are called markers. Your webcomics are WRONG.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-05-06, 4:27 PM #10
Originally posted by Aglar:

Paint or balls here too. Pennsylvania.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-06, 5:04 PM #11
Originally posted by fishstickz:
They're called markers.

I've never posted a facepalm image, but this is the most tempted I've ever been.
2008-05-07, 5:11 AM #12
I won tickets to the Nine Inch Nails show here in Dallas, Aug 18th :D
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-05-07, 8:14 AM #13
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
I won tickets to the Nine Inch Nails show here in Dallas, Aug 18th :D

You lucky *******. I'm trying to get some friends together to go to Lollapalooza, we'll see how that works out. If it doesn't, NIN is playing in Ann Arbor near the end of August, which isn't too far. There's so much new stuff since the last time I saw them (October 2005), really looking forward to it.
2008-05-07, 9:21 AM #14
Yeah, the best part was I was planning on buying tickets along with 5 of my friends, well he was going to buy them online for the nin club presale or whatever it was, which was at 5PM yesterday (sold out in an hour) but he couldnt because his internet went down haha, but I called him at 4:45 and bragged on how I got tickets FIRST.... (not to be an *** to him, just because we always give eachother crap about stuff like that)
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!