Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I'm almost done twinking...
So I'm almost done twinking...
2008-05-09, 3:40 AM #1
my lvl 39 Gnome Rogue.

:D

So yeah. post your characters. (And specifically twinks if you have em)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-05-09, 4:22 AM #2
*snicker* geek :)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-05-09, 4:24 AM #3
[http://wowfiction.net/pics/charscreen.GIF]
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-09, 4:25 AM #4
I came in here expecting mansecks
2008-05-09, 4:58 AM #5
and instead got gnome sex.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-05-09, 5:04 AM #6
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&n=Draconas

got a few others but he is my main,
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-05-09, 5:09 AM #7
you sicken me with your nearly all epic gear.

(this is my main)

2008-05-09, 5:26 AM #8
My main :

Earthmender Ner'zok

(Edit : Yikes, I'm in my makeshift elemental spec and gear. Ewwww. I'm usually resto and have 2000 +heals and whatnot)

Alts :

Grimgash Blackmane
Raehvin Kaleron
Deveran Blackstaff

Yes. I'm a lolroleplayer. Its fun, lemme alone.

Edit : Holy hell. All of my characters are logged out in rp gear. No showing off my purples ;_; (lol)
2008-05-09, 5:52 AM #9
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
you sicken me with your nearly all epic gear.
my guild is 5/5 MH and 7/9 BT so...

that was my tank gear, got a similar set for dps, if not better :P (tank drops in BT and MH for feral are pretty few and far between, dps drops however are not).
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-05-09, 7:11 AM #10
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Zanadrah
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-05-09, 8:36 AM #11
[http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/442/aliasneozq0.jpg]

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Aliasneo

Healer captain for my guild, 5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 2/5 MH. Vashj and Kael should be down soon, though!
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-09, 8:41 AM #12
has anybody made the gay joke yet
2008-05-09, 8:50 AM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:

what'd he get: a thousand golden manbabies?
2008-05-09, 9:01 AM #14
no his character is light and airy and full of
2008-05-09, 9:26 AM #15
WoW is like 3-4 years old

Stop playing eet
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-09, 9:34 AM #16
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
WoW is like 3-4 years old

Stop playing eet

Says the guy obsessed with Deus Ex, on a website originally made for a game over a decade old. <3 Miss Massassi. :P
2008-05-09, 9:36 AM #17
I've just gotten into raiding myself and it really feels like I'm rediscovering the whole game. Its pretty amusing honestly. Much more fun than leveling! XD

I'm not in a very advanced group but we're making good progress.

Kara cleared, Gruul Cleared (1st attempt, under 2 hours), 4/6 ZA.
2008-05-09, 9:40 AM #18
Originally posted by Jep:
Says the guy obsessed with Deus Ex, on a website originally made for a game over a decade old. <3 Miss Massassi. :P

Well, that's my point. And my quest to point out the quadruple standards and hypocrisies of Massassi has been on-going since 2005.

<3 Mr. Jedi Showdown 99%

Or in this case, just to say something. I never thought WoW would even survive this far... hm.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-09, 10:03 AM #19
I've just gotten into raiding myself and it really feels like I'm rediscovering the whole game. Its pretty amusing honestly. Much more fun than leveling! XD

I'm not in a very advanced group but we're making good progress.

Kara cleared, Gruul Cleared (1st attempt, under 2 hours), 4/6 ZA.

Raiding is so fun, especially with a good group. I run 10 mans with a group of close friends, and then a more extended group for raids. We all have a good time, and always leave happy even if we don't down a new boss.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-09, 10:07 AM #20
I only play on private servers now. Particulary my own and my friend's.
2008-05-09, 10:20 AM #21
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Raiding is so fun, especially with a good group. I run 10 mans with a group of close friends, and then a more extended group for raids. We all have a good time, and always leave happy even if we don't down a new boss.

Exactly what I love about it. I don't care about the gear, its just a blast coming up with the strategies and playing with others.

I've seen a lot of raid guilds torn apart by drama and *******s who took WoW for more than a game. I was reluctant to get into it because of that, but I hit jack pot with my guild. Great folks. All about fun.

The only drama that comes up is because we lack some classes so some people get to play more than others, and be part of progression.
2008-05-09, 10:26 AM #22
10 mans can be stressful in terms of placement, especially in larger raiding guilds. We've got 30+ heavy raiders and 20+ light raiders that all want 1 of 10 slots, and due to the way the instance is designed (ZA especially), certain classes are required.

Hex Lord is almost impossible without a priest, for instance, and you need a sheeper for trash, and at least 2-3 heavy AOE classes and perhaps a pally tank that you need for Eagle/Dragonhawk. So there's 5 slots out the gate, on top of that you need some non mana users for Zul'Jin stage 3, so there's 2 more. Leaving 2 slots open for another tank and another DPS.

All this makes offspec classes (ele shammies, shadow priests, ret pallies, boomkins) and hunters difficult to place, while they're obscenely useful in raids (A single ret pally or boomkin can raise total raid damage by 10-15%, easy)
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-09, 11:24 AM #23
My best character is a Retribution Paladin. My biggest goal was to get the season 3 gloves, the best gloves a Ret Paladin can have for both PVP and raiding. Once I did, all my goals were met, and I felt like I had beaten the game. I took a break after that, and haven't touched the character since.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Ballarus
Attachment: 19271/Ballarus70.jpg (96,148 bytes)
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-05-09, 11:39 AM #24
I have a 70 hunter, his gear sucks donkey balls though.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-05-09, 11:51 AM #25
My previous main, Brayde - 70 Mage
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Brayde

& my lol47 Drood, Moovover
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&n=Moovover
2008-05-09, 12:16 PM #26
Originally posted by fishstickz:
All this makes offspec classes (ele shammies, shadow priests, ret pallies, boomkins) and hunters difficult to place, while they're obscenely useful in raids (A single ret pally or boomkin can raise total raid damage by 10-15%, easy)

Aye, I hear you on that. Thankfully, I've chosen to be a resto shaman and I've been loving it greatly. I've never brought boomkin or ret pally's along so far simply because the ones we have don't have very good gear, but so far we've been keeping a shadow priest in the healer/caster group every raid because some of our newer healers have serious mana efficiency issues. <3 Shadow Priests.
2008-05-09, 12:24 PM #27

seriously what the hell guys this was the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-05-09, 12:24 PM #28
i haven't done any raids/instances since like level 35. i started out playing with 2 other guys starting alts but i pulled ahead of them and they gave up on wow, so ive been on my own since.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-05-09, 12:27 PM #29
¬¬

Okay, an oldish pic. Not like anything's really changed. Apart from a new nifty mask and more HP.
Attachment: 19272/hurrantonov.jpg (120,004 bytes)
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-05-09, 12:41 PM #30
Originally posted by Emon:
seriously what the hell guys this was the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title

Anyone who plays the game has heard this term so often, it just doesn't register anymore. Well, not enough to make note of it anyway.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2008-05-09, 1:04 PM #31
Aye, I hear you on that. Thankfully, I've chosen to be a resto shaman and I've been loving it greatly. I've never brought boomkin or ret pally's along so far simply because the ones we have don't have very good gear, but so far we've been keeping a shadow priest in the healer/caster group every raid because some of our newer healers have serious mana efficiency issues. <3 Shadow Priests.

Yeah, you're lucky, you're the #1 healing class and you only have to hit 1 button and put down totems every 2 minutes.
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-09, 1:13 PM #32
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Anyone who plays the game has heard this term so often, it just doesn't register anymore. Well, not enough to make note of it anyway.

Twinking is hardly unique to World of Warcraft: it's been done in every MMORPG ever created.

Incidentally, the term 'twinking' has also been around that long and originated as a vulgar insult for the process. i.e. it has always been a gay joke.
2008-05-09, 1:29 PM #33
Twinking is hardly unique to World of Warcraft: it's been done in every MMORPG ever created.

Then what is it, because I'm not familiar with the term.

:/
nope.
2008-05-09, 1:46 PM #34
Originally posted by Baconfish:

Purposely playing and exceptionally gearing a low level character for use in the low level PVP brackets or areas.
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-09, 2:42 PM #35
Originally posted by - Tony -:
¬¬

Okay, an oldish pic. Not like anything's really changed. Apart from a new nifty mask and more HP.

WRONG. GET OUT HEATHEN.

:p

2008-05-09, 3:02 PM #36
Originally posted by Baconfish:

It's a young, thin gay man with little body hair who acts especially feminine. From twinkie, i.e. "little nutritional value, sweet to the taste and cream-filled."
:master::master::master:
2008-05-09, 3:26 PM #37
I'm a level 22 rogue (alliance, god ****ing help me). Don't know how to do the poisons quest, so I'm just kinda wandering around looking for **** to do.

Also really really am starting to hate deadmines.
D E A T H
2008-05-09, 3:33 PM #38
Deadmines is a very good starting instance. It especially teaches you to watch out for patrols.
2008-05-09, 3:52 PM #39
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Deadmines is a very good starting instance. It especially teaches you to watch out for patrols.

But it's horribly boring and I can't stand to run it more than once a week because of this.

As a rogue, it's too EASY. All I do is bam, 400 damage, 80 60 80 60 slice and dice then I just watch them die.

I want to do something more involved.

And I also have every weapon/armor piece that I could use from that instance.
D E A T H
2008-05-09, 4:09 PM #40
Well then why do you keep running it? Go do some quests in Redridge or Duskwood. Try to get a group for Shadowfang Keep. You're the right level for it. It's a bit of a walk to get there for Alliance, but it's one of my favorite instances.

There are a few sites you can go to if you're ever feeling lost. I prefer WoWWiki. You can probably find what you need for your Poison quest here.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Rogue#Poisons

↑ Up to the top!