Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is what I have wanted:
This is what I have wanted:
2008-05-13, 2:06 PM #1
Yes. Zell yes.

Even if the storyline sucks, and the gameplay is repetitive, the simple fact that this game will be moddable (it's on the Unreal engine, and is being developed for the pc) means that I will have the game I've wanted to play since I've started playing videogames.

It's also first person, which is awesome.

Discuss!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-13, 2:12 PM #2
I'm sure happydud will love it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-05-13, 2:13 PM #3
Colors? There is no such thing as colors in next-gen gaming.

It has to be different shades of brown and grey for this game to be truly a cutting edge game. That's realism.

Pass.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-13, 2:27 PM #4
It looks pretty slick; it almost reminds me of Track Mania Nations. It could probably use a bit more environment variation. I might pick it up, but the lack of AA looks really ugly. The devs are epic are morons for dropping the ball on that. It make a potentially decent engine look like crap.
2008-05-13, 2:32 PM #5
As far as the environment variety: We've seen 1 video of it. Not to mention, no matter how many balls they drop, we can mod the zell out of it and make it our own.

I will be making levels for this game.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-13, 2:57 PM #6
I DEMAND A JEDI KNIGHT REMAKE
:colbert:
2008-05-13, 3:03 PM #7
Actually, that's an interesting point. A JK game would've really been cool with stuff like this in it. Nar anyone?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-13, 3:06 PM #8
To be serious, I hope they don't focus too much on gunplay. Like a section with just FPS. It would be like Assassins Creed and how it suddenly jumped into combat land.
2008-05-13, 3:19 PM #9
From what the developers have said, weapons are more like tools than they are in other games. You take a gun from someone, shoot them, and toss it. You find a gun, shoot out a window, and toss it. They restrict movement, so you really aren't going to carry them around with you. There isn't any ammo anywhere either, so they're essentially one or two shots worth of use.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-13, 3:57 PM #10
I wasn't too excited for it until I watched the trailer. If it's like that, I'm in, totally. Even if the storyline is stupid, as long as there's free-roaming.
2008-05-13, 3:58 PM #11
I assume this thread is about Mirror's Edge, and I will make a post about this AFTER I finish a paper that is worth 40% of my grade and is due in 5 hours. That I started 4 hours ago.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-05-13, 4:27 PM #12
The FPS in that looked incredibly confusing. They're gonna have to get the controls absolutely spot-on in every aspect.

Also, I can't help but think that a lot of the "coolness" of free-running is taken out if you can't really see yourself do anything. I mean, yeah, her arms and legs came into view every now and then, but you don't see much of how she interacts with the environment. Her clambering on top of a building was really just a camera movement to the player.

I should add that I couldn't watch any of the videos on that website, so I looked up the trailer on YouTube instead. I've no idea if there's any difference.
2008-05-13, 4:30 PM #13
If I ever had such pleasure of moving effortless around a place, that would go to Mario 64. But Mario 64 doesn't ground itself in reality in the least, but I have to give props for fluid controls.
2008-05-13, 4:47 PM #14
By the way, the Wiki says there will be a reticule in the middle of the screen for disorientation reasons as well as helping in lining up jumps. The trailer had the reticule off.
2008-05-13, 5:32 PM #15
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
By the way, the Wiki says there will be a reticule in the middle of the screen for disorientation reasons as well as helping in lining up jumps. The trailer had the reticule off.

Orientation reasons, I hope :) Looks cool.
2008-05-13, 5:36 PM #16
I posted a thread on their forums about a replay feature like Halo 3's, to remedy the 1st person concept.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-05-13, 6:06 PM #17
:P I don't like that the mod just batted your original proposal away without actually realizing what you were saying. x_X
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2008-05-13, 6:21 PM #18
I saw stuff about this in a magazine a while back when it was first announced.

Cool beans is all I have to say.

:P
nope.
2008-05-13, 6:32 PM #19
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I posted a thread on their forums about a replay feature like Halo 3's, to remedy the 1st person concept.

If they do that i will pay an extra 20$
2008-05-13, 7:28 PM #20
This game needs an official site full of wallpapers >.>

↑ Up to the top!