Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who all is getting Age of Conan?
Who all is getting Age of Conan?
2008-05-15, 8:15 AM #1
Me personally, I can't wait. It sounds cool so far and I'm tired of the cartoony WoW and crappy SWG. GIVE ME DISMEMBERMENT!! GIVE ME THE LAMENATIONS OF YOUR WOMEN!!!

So, who all is getting this Tuesday?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-05-15, 8:17 AM #2
my friends are talking about getting it. i dunno if i want to start another mmo, 1 is plenty for me right now.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-05-15, 8:19 AM #3
So atleast you can get rewarded with naked women when you finished GRINDING? Well, it's still something.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-15, 8:48 AM #4
The only mamorpiguh I've ever played and truely enjoyed so far was CoH/V and swords and shields are usually boring as hell so I doubt I'll be getting it.

:P
nope.
2008-05-15, 9:07 AM #5
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
So atleast you can get rewarded with naked women when you finished GRINDING? Well, it's still something.

From what I understand, female in the american version will not be nude. They will be in the european version
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-05-15, 9:20 AM #6
Originally posted by Jep:
From what I understand, female in the american version will not be nude. They will be in the european version

:rant:
DO NOT WANT.
2008-05-15, 9:28 AM #7
SORRY NO PIXELBOOBS FOR YOU!
2008-05-15, 9:33 AM #8
lame
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-05-15, 9:36 AM #9
This sounds pretty cool actually, if there's a trial I'd definitely give it a shot.
2008-05-15, 9:44 AM #10
Looks pretty silly.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-15, 9:51 AM #11
well my guild in WoW has just started attempts on Illidan, will probably take us 2-3 weeks to get the hang of that fight. I'll continue to play WoW for probably a month or so after and then give AoC a try.

It's the summer (very nearly) and I'm getting fed up of raiding in the lovely warm evenings when I could be outside windsurfing or doing something else.

Got quite a few people from WoW who plan to move to AoC and just PvP and never raid ever again. Raiding was good fun, but I really don't see WoW changing in anyway that makes me want to stick on and play till level 80 and just repeat what I've been doing at level 70.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-05-15, 9:52 AM #12
Originally posted by Jep:
SORRY NO PIXELBOOBS FOR YOU!

:saddowns:
DO NOT WANT.
2008-05-15, 10:42 AM #13
Originally posted by poley:
It's the summer (very nearly) and I'm getting fed up of raiding in the lovely warm evenings when I could be outside windsurfing or doing something else.

This.
2008-05-15, 11:07 AM #14
I love the setting, and Robert E. Howard is one of my favorite authors. However, I'll wait until the reviews start coming in before I buy the game.
:master::master::master:
2008-05-15, 11:21 AM #15
Yea I'm very interested in the setting but my computer is starting to feel outdated again despite the dual core, 2gb ram and radeon x1900xt I have in it. I'm doubtful it will run very well, and I've been spoiled by how smoot wow runs.
2008-05-15, 11:32 AM #16
I want to play a trial first.
2008-05-15, 11:50 AM #17
Attachment: 19321/Conan-OBrien.jpg (26,062 bytes)
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-15, 12:01 PM #18
Oh my.
2008-05-15, 12:06 PM #19
I love how they're handling PVP, but the fighting controls seemed a little odd in the video I saw. I'll wait for reviews.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2008-05-15, 1:32 PM #20
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
I love how they're handling PVP

Originally, they said there would be massive PvP between guilds in contested areas, but a recent video showed they were focusing on battegrounds.
2008-05-15, 4:25 PM #21
From what I've played in the Open Beta its crash central. As in, every 3 steps.
2008-05-15, 8:43 PM #22
Originally posted by stat:
Originally, they said there would be massive PvP between guilds in contested areas, but a recent video showed they were focusing on battegrounds.

No Siege Warfare? If that isn't in the game at release, I do hope they add it in a patch within the first few months.

Are there any other areas of the game that utilize mercenaries like that?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2008-05-15, 9:40 PM #23
Originally posted by Backslash:
From what I've played in the Open Beta its crash central. As in, every 3 steps.

*cough*beta*cough*
2008-05-15, 11:25 PM #24
Now that I think of it, wasn't the open beta also a stress test?
2008-05-15, 11:56 PM #25
I'm going to try it out for a month or so. I've been playing WoW off and on for 2 years, guild leader is quitting to play Conan. I looked at some videos and decided that it looked boring, but so does WoW on video so I thought I wouldn't judge the book without trying it.

Also, I'm not sure why you have a problem with WoW's cartooney graphics. For me its a plus side to the game. It keeps it not from trying to take itself too seriously as well as not giving people the expectation of everything being realistic. You might not understand what I mean but the best example of what I'm talking about is that the super-realistic graphics of Age of Conan kind of turn me off of an MMORPG. They are awkward looking and weirdly animated, just like LOTRO. I like the responsiveness and control of a less demanding /realistic game I guess.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-15, 11:58 PM #26
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

You know this happens in real life too, right? grind in the gym, get laid?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-05-16, 12:48 AM #27
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:

I'm sure it will include it, but it might be an afterthought to battlegrounds which offer more recognition and loot. Or battlegrounds might just be a way for lower level and unaffiliated players to get some PvP play. No one can say until the game actually starts going. But it looks like they're modelling them after the WoW battlegrounds, so they better offer some good rewards for siege level PvP if they want people to utilize it. One thing about MMOs is that people will always take the quickest route to try to get to the top. Using WoW as an example (a game I only played for a couple of months before getting tired of it), there are certain instances that just aren't played because you can't get good loot from them. Look at Blackfathom Deeps. Really awesome play experience, but no one does it because there's no good drops, so it's considered a waste of time.
2008-05-16, 8:07 AM #28
Originally posted by poley:

Nerds talk about going outside itt.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2008-05-16, 8:57 AM #29
Originally posted by stat:
I'm sure it will include it, but it might be an afterthought to battlegrounds which offer more recognition and loot. Or battlegrounds might just be a way for lower level and unaffiliated players to get some PvP play. No one can say until the game actually starts going. But it looks like they're modelling them after the WoW battlegrounds, so they better offer some good rewards for siege level PvP if they want people to utilize it. One thing about MMOs is that people will always take the quickest route to try to get to the top. Using WoW as an example (a game I only played for a couple of months before getting tired of it), there are certain instances that just aren't played because you can't get good loot from them. Look at Blackfathom Deeps. Really awesome play experience, but no one does it because there's no good drops, so it's considered a waste of time.

BFD was one of my favorite instances. I got to use my Hydrocane a lot in that one. Did it mostly for the XP. Yeah, no good loot drops, but oh well.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2008-05-16, 10:16 AM #30
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
You know this happens in real life too, right? grind in the gym, get laid?

That hasn't properly worked since the 1980s.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!