Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Subnetting help
Subnetting help
2008-05-18, 9:39 PM #1
Ok I feel stupid right now but I have seriously had no time to work on this project for my Cisco class cause I had to work 2 double's this weekend and have been beat since then

I have to make an imaginary network using this program called Packet Tracer, I have hooked everything up like the picture.

It says use the network IP address of 200.20.20.0/24
Subnet the network above so that you are MOST EFFECIENTLY supplying the topology with addresses and have little wast (unused addresses)

Use the first 3 subnets for your topology:

So I tried to set it up with the .248 subnet and have it set up like this

Subnet #1 200.20.20.2 - 6
Subnet #2 200.20.20.9 - 14
Subnet #3 200.20.20.17 - 22

Nothing can communicate now. :rant:

can anyone give me some pointers on how I should get this to work

here is what it needs to look like:
[http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/xMasterKatarnx/grrr.png]
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2008-05-18, 11:39 PM #2
Router.

Does your router have routes to all the subnets? Do all machines have proper entries in their routing tables and/or the router as their default GW?
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2008-05-18, 11:46 PM #3
???
2008-05-19, 6:01 AM #4
I'm really confused by this assignment. You're given an existing a subnet and then instructed to create new subnets out of that that can communicate with each other?

I'm with West Wind - I don't see this as being possible without setting up explicit routing rules.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!